• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

football thread 13/14 |ot12| last roll of the dive

Status
Not open for further replies.
"I came out many times to say that I am against the Ballon D'Or because we are in a team sport. I would rather vote for the team of the year, the team who leaves a print in your mind. The team of the year last year was Bayern Munich because they won, in a convincing way, every single trophy that was winnable. That's why for me, in 2013, I keep more Bayern Munich in my mind than any individual player. The Ballon D'Or shows that it's only been voted on individual achievement, not on team achievement. If you consider the individual plus team achievement, it would have been Ribery."

It should only be voted on individual achievements. It is a best player award which implies that the best player should win. In no universe would Ribery ever be considered the best player on the planet.

LTWheels

Please make a sub Brendan. If your keep Gerrard on move him some where less dangerous.

Coutinho has been needing a rest for weeks. I think we play better when Henderson is the 'playmaker'

TeddyBoy

Completely outplayed in that half, we don't deserve to be going in only one down. Coutinho also needs to be taken off, bring Lucas on and move Gerrard across. 4-2-3-1.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
ifSXtIDhcI4bR.gif

What did that ugly fuck do?

Scored!

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
It was a nice goal, good play, but I am still very pessimistic on our chances of getting something from this game.

Why ? Villa couldn't handle 3 added minutes, they won't handle another 45. As long as Rodgers makes the subs and gets Gerrard away from the back 4 Liverpool can easily score another two.

Great time to score.

Completely changes the mood, Liverpool should be right at it in the second half now.

Would have been a deflating HT otherwise. Should be an exciting second half. Not sure Villa have the balls or characters out there to hold out.

Worst performance of the season

Mignolet - cost us 4 goals in 5 matches, when do we start worrying?

Cissokho & Coutinho - Leave massive, massive gaps behind them, don't pay nearly enough attention to runners

Johnson - Wake up ffs

Gerrard - Doing nothing but give the ball away

Coutinho - Well off the boil

Coutinho off, Suarez wide, Lucas on.

Only created one clear chance all half. Not good enough in any way, shape or form. Have a foothold, fuck knows what will happen in the second half.

Suarez would get more (blatant, tbf) fouls given in his favour if he didn't feign injury every 10 minutes

TeddyBoy

Worst performance of the season

Mignolet - cost us 4 goals in 5 matches, when do we start worrying?

Cissokho & Coutinho - Leave massive, massive gaps behind them, don't pay nearly enough attention to runners

Johnson - Wake up ffs

Gerrard - Doing nothing but give the ball away

Coutinho - Well off the boil

Coutinho off, Suarez wide, Lucas on.

Only created one clear chance all half. Not good enough in any way, shape or form. Have a foothold, fuck knows what will happen in the second half.

Suarez would get more (blatant, tbf) fouls given in his favour if he didn't feign injury every 10 minutes

It's just like the Hull away game, they players weren't up for it then and don't look up for it now.

Cissokho has been pretty decent tbf, it's just Coutinho has been awful going forward and Gerrard and Toure being awful at the back. Subs please Rodgers.

Tc91

It should only be voted on individual achievements. It is a best player award which implies that the best player should win. In no universe would Ribery ever be considered the best player on the planet.

Yep, glad Ribery didn't win it Ronaldo has been unreal.

Wonder who will be the next PL player to win it? Suarez? Aguero? Adnan?

tri_willy

Please make a sub Brendan. If your keep Gerrard on move him some where less dangerous.

Coutinho has been needing a rest for weeks. I think we play better when Henderson is the 'playmaker'

mid trio of lucas allen hendo is the most fluid dangerous we have. gerrard at rb pls lol

Salvadora

Call me crazy, but I think Szczesny has been the best keeper in the league this season.

He has the composure/authority, clean sheets, saves and distribution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom