• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT13| Top 15 finish for AC Milan: Sogno Possibile

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scum

OT14| Juan Flew Into The Cuckoo's Nest

EWmof.gif

Lightning

Banned
I kinda wanna laugh at Arsenal for the story about Kim being out for 2-3 months after getting hurt in his first training session, but it happened to Demichelis too and really fucked us (Javi Garcia at CB.. nightmare fuel) so I can only feel slightly bad for both them and the player.
He didn't get hurt at our training session. He was injured when we signed him. We picked it up in the medical before signing him.

GHG

Never had I witnessed this. Doesn't he always blame on other external factors rather tha his tactics and his players themselves?

"I want to praise Basel. They won because we were sleeping in the last minute. But they won also because they were the best team and deserved to win," said the former Real Madrid boss, who dropped Eden Hazard for Willian.

"I think from the first minute I was getting signs that my team was tired. My team paid the price today of the international week, where I was afraid of the reaction in the game against West Ham.

"Maybe because that game was so important for us, the whole team focused a lot, and everybody made a good individual and collective performance.

"Tonight we made a big mistake in the first second of the game, immediately. After that, we made mistakes defensively, we made mistakes with the ball, we lost easy passes, we lost every second ball, late decisions, people thinking late, and we finished with a ridiculous goal.

"It is not the kind of game where we are upset with the players, because I think I understood, and I maybe should have made more changes."

And:

Taking his own share of the blame for a defeat that leaves Chelsea with just five points from five away league games so far this term, the Portuguese said: “I made 11 mistakes with my team selection — 11 mistakes.
“That’s the feeling I have when my team plays so badly. We deserved to lose because for 45 minutes we played at the level of a friendly. The result is down to the fact that one team wasn’t there.
“There was no aggression there and we lacked intensity. It was a bad performance and it sends me home with a lot to think about because I have to try and understand where a display like this came from. I have to admit I’d be worried if we play like that again.”

faridmon

"I want to praise Basel. They won because we were sleeping in the last minute. But they won also because they were the best team and deserved to win," said the former Real Madrid boss, who dropped Eden Hazard for Willian.

"I think from the first minute I was getting signs that my team was tired. My team paid the price today of the international week, where I was afraid of the reaction in the game against West Ham.

"Maybe because that game was so important for us, the whole team focused a lot, and everybody made a good individual and collective performance.

"Tonight we made a big mistake in the first second of the game, immediately. After that, we made mistakes defensively, we made mistakes with the ball, we lost easy passes, we lost every second ball, late decisions, people thinking late, and we finished with a ridiculous goal.

"It is not the kind of game where we are upset with the players, because I think I understood, and I maybe should have made more changes."

And:

Taking his own share of the blame for a defeat that leaves Chelsea with just five points from five away league games so far this term, the Portuguese said: “I made 11 mistakes with my team selection — 11 mistakes.
“That’s the feeling I have when my team plays so badly. We deserved to lose because for 45 minutes we played at the level of a friendly. The result is down to the fact that one team wasn’t there.
“There was no aggression there and we lacked intensity. It was a bad performance and it sends me home with a lot to think about because I have to try and understand where a display like this came from. I have to admit I’d be worried if we play like that again.”

hhmm, fair enough.

faridmon

There is still 70 posts left in this thread, we might as well finish it.

Villa scoring with Barkely playing. Pianaar Comes in for Barkeley. We win 2-1.
Wht does that tells us?

United, 50m pls thnx

jtb

Banned
He didn't get hurt at our training session. He was injured when we signed him. We picked it up in the medical before signing him.

Wenger has really outdone himself with this one. I'd be surprised if he gets a game at this point, probably more likely to see Park play a game or two. Guess it's good to have an emergency body in there just in case anything and everything goes wrong.

Suen

City are absolute favourites against Barca, I don't give a fick how many points they have in La Liga.

Madrid have got it now, Barca bottled it. They have to win at the Bernebeau to stand a chance
Atletico still have a chance but I suspect that CL and CDR will be too much for them to still play in top form in the league....unless they sacrifice one of them.

pulga

Banned
where the fuck is madrid gaf

i need someone who watched the game describe to me in painful detail how sweet seeing the rat faced cunt get a red was

alba is one of the few players in the world i wouldnt mind seeing retired early

There is still 70 posts left in this thread, we might as well finish it.

Villa scoring with Barkely playing. Pianaar Comes in for Barkeley. We win 2-1.
Wht does that tells us?

United, 50m pls thnx

That Barkley is clearly not 100%. Even if he's fit, he needs time to get back into the swing of things. Brilliant player though, hope you keep hold of him

Unless you sell him to us

dc89

Been out all day. Seems like I've missed teh lulz.

- United losing
- Barca losing
- Zaha getting two assists on his debut
- Myself missing out on 4 separate bets by one goal :( FUCK UNITED

Can I suggest my OT name yet?!

faridmon

Atletico still have a chance but I suspect that CL and CDR will be too much for them to still play in top form in the league....unless they sacrifice one of them.

Yeah. I think they will focus on the CL and be happy about 3rd.... 2nd if we stretch it.
What are the chances for them to win the domestic cup?

Scum

where the fuck is madrid gaf

i need someone who watched the game describe to me in painful detail how sweet seeing the rat faced cunt get a red

alba is one of the few players in the world i wouldnt mind seeing retired early

lol

Mou is always fair in his assessments about what causes his team to lose and he most times give praises when its due, remember the better team loss, in reference to when Madrid beat United in that champion's league tie last season?

Fergie

Banned

- United losing
- Barca losing

Might as well.

Zaha getting 2 assists is just lol.

dc89

OT14| What's the Mata GAF? It's a Juanuary to remember.

Edit: damn. Hitcher has pulled that one out of nowhere :( I can't compete with that.

Scum

What the fuck? Leeds, pls.

- United losing
- Barca losing

You can, but Hitch5-0 came up with a great one.
OT14| Juan Flew Into The Cuckoo's Nest

LTWheels

@philmcnulty: Kallstrom injury reportedly caused playing beach football. It gets worse/better depending on how you look at it. @bbcsport_david

faridmon

That Barkley is clearly not 100%. Even if he's fit, he needs time to get back into the swing of things. Brilliant player though, hope you keep hold of him

Unless you sell him to us

To be fair, he shouldn't be on the pitch unless he is 100%. This will also affect his future games, when he gets fully fit. But again we just don't have the players to start ahead of them since our Depth is quite lacking.

To be fair, he shouldn't be on the pitch unless he is 100%. This will also affect his future games, when he gets fully fit. But again we just don't have the players to start ahead of them since our Depth is quite lacking.

I think it's likely that he's fit to play, but needs gametime to get back on form. Starting against Liverpool away was perhaps a silly place to have him take his first step back to being back to normal, but Villa at home is fair enough imo

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Moyes on today

"I don't know what we have to do to win.

"I thought we were extremely unlucky. We played well in difficult conditions but we have lost to one wicked deflection and one worldy.

"But we should have been out of sight with the amount of opportunities we had today and we only have ourselves to blame."

Genuinely not sure what to make of this farce anymore, all i know is that we had 4 players playing today who offered us nothing and continue to be a detriment to the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom