• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meier

:'(

Stoke over 1.5 team cards was good value today. 8/11. That's literally buying money.

American sites don't have all of those options from my experience. Can't bet on transfers, etc. Usually just very high level stuff (winners, spread, etc.).

Kassu

Banned
That's okay Arsenal GAF, you can laugh at us tomorrow.

And Inter in 45 minutes.
Don't worry, both Milan teams will lose.

I might actually watch Roma-Inter but Inter usually manages to make every football match boring as hell so I don't really know.

Wonder what Brendan would do with this United team :'(

j6ulhXBrozQat.jpg

Clegg

I'd reckon Remy would be a good shout. Maybe Costa if they're lucky and no bigger clubs are in for him.
I thought I read a report a while ago about Arsenal's scouts not rating Costa that highly.

Remy could be good but probably not good enough for the level they're aiming.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
MoPo's game changing substitution was Gaston Ramirez. I think that sums this second half up.

subtles

Like I said at half time, this is exactly how Liverpool intended to play. They got the early goal in the first half, came out strong again at the beginning of the second and again punished Southampton.

The issue was never the tactics. We suffer a chronic condition Away from home that isn't being dealt with. The score could easily be reversed and not many here would be complaining. It's one thing to say we came here prepared to soak up the pressure but that wasn't what the team shape throughout the game was indicating.

When you are outplayed in the middle and turnover the ball as soon as you get it?

When you fail to dominate the game and are lucky your opponents aren't as lethal?

What about when key areas on the pitch always seem to have a spare man for the opponent?

I'm happy with the win (if we hold on) but disappointed with the performance. The team has a long way to go.

Mastadon

Banned
I thought I read a report a while ago about Arsenal's scoiuts not rating Costa that highly.

Remy could be good but probably not good enough for the level they're aiming.

I suppose the concern with Costa is that he hasn't produced this form before. Remy is great, he'd score bucket loads in this Arsenal team.

Can't really think who else they would be able to get. Maybe Mandzukic or Benzema?

Salvadora

Giroud is garbage.
He's massively flattered by having an incredible midfield behind him.

Not capable in the slightest of winning a game by himself and looks completely out of his depth when the goal pressure is on at the end of a game. It's shocking how many clubs have better strikers than us. It's a fucking key position for any club and we have Giroud.
Fuck man, dat Hannibal opening episode of season 2. FUCK.

Mads Mikkelson is god tier.
itAWQCtYNxEHf.gif

The beauty in even the simplest shots is astounding.

Clegg

Wonder what Brendan would do with this United team :'(
He'd get our front four functioning. He'd also find a role for Kagawa.

I can't describe how disillusioned I am by Moyes tactics. He's clueless when it comes to building a fluid attacking side.

wedward

I suppose the concern with Costa is that he hasn't produced this form before. Remy is great, he'd score bucket loads in this Arsenal team.

Can't really think who else they would be able to get. Maybe Mandzukic or Benzema?

My biggest concern is that Wenger is going to want to wait until the World Cup is over to see if anything opens up and anyone unexpected becomes available, similar to what happened with Ozil.

Problem with that is if it doesn't work out, you end up with no one.

Best case is we sign Morata early in the window and then try and go for a bigger name if someone becomes available.

I've been saying we should get Remy for a while. Apparently Cabaye was the type of player we needed more.

Wenger innit.

Salvadora

I would take whatever "Arsenal scouts" are reported to think with a grain of salt.

Wenger's opinion is the only one that matters and he's already publicly said what he thinks of Costa.

sohois

The issue was never the tactics. We suffer a chronic condition Away from home that isn't being dealt with. The score could easily be reversed and not many here would be complaining. It's one thing to say we came here prepared to soak up the pressure but that wasn't what the team shape throughout the game was indicating.

When you are outplayed in the middle and turnover the ball as soon as you get it?

When you fail to dominate the game and are lucky your opponents aren't as lethal?

What about when key areas on the pitch always seem to have a spare man for the opponent?

I'm happy with the win (if we hold on) but disappointed with the performance. The team has a long way to go.

I'm sorry, but this is stupid. "Liverpool could be so much worse off if these things happened!"

Well they haven't fucking happened, have they. Maybe wait until they do for this kind of introspection. Liverpool are winning, yet again, and all you can do is complain

Linius

You know what's really funny about this. If we (Ajax) win against Feyenoord tomorrow PSV could have come as close as one point to Feyenoord with a win today. That would have brought them back in the race for European football. And now it looks like they're botteling right at the moment where they could get back in.

Clegg

He's a good player, but it just seems like a step or two back from the level of striker they really want.

This is Costa's first great goalscoring season, but he played well last year too. Remember he was playing second striker behind Falcao past year.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Southampton have been so bad this half, Lallana just disappeared.

I guess Spurs have to start looking at overtaking Arsenal now.

K1LLER7

Henderson has stepped it up this season. Alongside work rate, he looks more comfortable on the ball, willing to take a risky pass on too.

Dat Suarez. So good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom