• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 13/14 |OT15| smoking Top of the League cigars may cause Liver failure

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc

He'd get our front four functioning. He'd also find a role for Kagawa.

I can't describe how disillusioned I am by Moyes tactics. He's clueless when it comes to building a fluid attacking side.

Big problem is you're not seeing a system, plan or goal in mind when watching his team. With Rodgers last season they were poor but you could see he was building towards something. With some added players for his system, he is there or there about's now.

With Moyes, I have no clue what he is trying to achieve and every single game has a new lineup so clearly he doesn't know either. That's the thing that makes his sacking well within reason, should have happened after the midweek result.

subtles

I'm sorry, but this is stupid. "Liverpool could be so much worse off if these things happened!"

Well they haven't fucking happened, have they. Maybe wait until they do for this kind of introspection. Liverpool are winning, yet again, and all you can do is complain

Why apologize? My words probably came out harsher than I intended, I'm ecstatic we're winning a bogey fixture we haven't won since 2002. Player mistakes aside, we've been seeing these same issues in many of our away games. I'm still waiting for the team to sort it out but it's never dealt with. This period for me, more than anything, is about incremental improvement more than anything else.

Hence, my frustration.

ShogunX

Top pen

Not sure he is actually English.

never forget.

tumblr_m3pk0v6WR21qlp5jzo2_500.jpg

GHG

Liverpool pls win this title.

Fuck the money clubs and I couldn't bear it if Mourinho won on his comeback season. We'd never hear the end of it.

doicare

That's not evidence of anything other than you don't understand statistics.
If you think that's not evidence of one team playing better than another then sadly you really don't know much about football.
not in hebrew

fail
What do you call a female hebrew?

A shebrew. You can have that joke free of charge.
Southampton 0 - 2 Liverpool.

The only stat that matters.
You've just missed the point of the whole conversation. Just because a team scores or wins doesn't mean they deserved to.

What a penalty

Suarez is so selfless sometimes, a lot of strikers would have wanted to take that penalty

Huge, huge result. And a CLEAN SHEET

Skrtel MotM for me, Suarez was fantastic though and basically won us the game so can;t begrudge him getting it

Wonderful. Not the best performance, but can't complain too much. Back to the performances of August, sacrificing control for
stability

Shame for Sturridge not to score, but he'll live :p

pulga

Banned
If you think that's not evidence of one team playing better than another then sadly you really don't know much about football.

What do you call a female hebrew?

A shebrew. You can have that joke free of charge.

You've just missed the point of the whole conversation. J ust because a team scores or wins doesn't mean they deserved to.

tumblr_ltvntocwod1r4l09lo5_400.gif

Jarnet87

Everton back above United, can't wait to see them do the double on us. If the club you left finishes above the much more talented and rich club you joined isn't the most damning thing about Moyes as a manager, then i don't what is.

sohois

Why apologize? My words probably came out harsher than I intended, I'm ecstatic we're winning a bogey fixture we haven't won since 2002. Player mistakes aside, we've been seeing these same issues in many of our away games. I'm still waiting for the team to sort it out but it's never dealt with. This period for me, more than anything, is about incremental improvement more than anything else.

Hence, my frustration.

Pessimists are less happy, live shorter lives, are less successful and are generally outperformed in every meaningful metric by optimists. I cannot, as a humanist, allow these negative attitudes to pass so easily. Look for the good or bad in performances and you will find it easily (confirmation bias).

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Bit Ushoptomistic innit.

Your fixtures in March look particularly hellish.

Same for both teams. If we win the NLD then we have a chance, thank fuck we don't have to play City again.

Europa will probably fuck things up though.

dc89

Erik ten Hag promoted them to Eredivise and then left to join Bayern II as coach <3

You know what's really funny about this. If we (Ajax) win against Feyenoord tomorrow PSV could have come as close as one point to Feyenoord with a win today. That would have brought them back in the race for European football. And now it looks like they're botteling right at the moment where they could get back in.

Good to see the Eagles love is strong. Do Ajax have to play them again?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Typical Liverpool. Winning a game they clearly deserved to win.

Bad luck Moyes will prove his doubters wrong sooner or later. We're doing everything right anyway, we just need that little bit of luck in 38 games to top the league next year!

ATF487

Well that was fantastic. Coutinho wasn't great but the rest of the team played very well, was great to see Allen working so hard too

Suarez has 62 in 100 PL games for Liverpool. Kun is at 51 in 80. The next 20 games will be fun.

Worth noting that Suarez made a very slow start to his PL career in terms of goals. Only 15 I think in the first season and a half. Aguero slotted right in, the cunt :p

Sturridge's dive was terrible from a moral and effectiveness standpoint. You'll never get a penalty throwing your arms up, arching your back and bellyflopping like that

tri_willy

So I had Liverpool win and O2.5 goals.

Thank you based Gerrard.

hahaha same. had over 2.5 goals to be scored in this game. gratitude sifu, accumulator lives!

happy with the win, honestly thought we would be lucky to have a draw against the saints, but vengeance is even better. hope we dont choke against united, need to steal one at OT

GorillaJu

Good outlook for us. It's entirely possible we take a point or more off of City and/or Chelsea when they play at Anfield and if we do then it'll be a tight little ass crack of a final few weeks. We're true underdogs given where we finished last year and I think that's going to help us since there can't possibly be pressure to mount a title challenge.

Marc

Our next game is in 2 weeks?

Fuck me.

Good rest period though, can work on defending as a unit as well although you were quite good with that today. City meanwhile plays extra games in a final, and CL. Although a cup win can boost a squad.

Amazing result for Liverpool, very impressive, subs on both sides changed things in Liverpool's favour but this was a champion like performance. That first half was pretty dire and Saints should have scored twice, but with Sterling on you could switch to counter-attack football and Saints played into that.

Man, this premier league season is brilliant. Quality isn't the best, I would agree with Keane on that one, but entertainment levels are fantastic.

Clegg

Big problem is you're not seeing a system, plan or goal in mind when watching his team. With Rodgers last season they were poor but you could see he was building towards something. With some added players for his system, he is there or there about's now.

With Moyes, I have no clue what he is trying to achieve and every single game has a new lineup so clearly he doesn't know either. That's the thing that makes his sacking well within reason, should have happened after the midweek result.
The system is get it wide for a cross. And that has to be it because there's been a marked regression in our play through the middle. They're the tactics of a man who hasn't a clue what's going wrong so he goes back to first principles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom