• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2014/15 |OT2| Wake Me Up, Yaya Sanogo

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuturusX

i

LVG is about to snap Woodwards neck...

LAM09

We should be 4-1 up at least, but plenty of time to add a few more in the second half.

Cesc's assist was something else!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
That Fabregas pass is as good a pass as I have ever seen, period

Meier

While everyone is catching their breath and getting a drink, check out this sensational goal from MLS yesterday: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NK9l1LlLuyk

What give players massive contracts that won't be sustainable should they get relegated and end up like Fulham

If you need to invest another 30 million plus massive contracts to stay up may as well not bother coming up. Threat of relegation makes it pointless

Well, you do and I don't think they have to be massive contracts for the record. Hull signed Livermore, Huddlestone for £8m and £5m but surely aren't giving them "massive" wages. £25-30k a week is an amount that most players will be happy with and understand is probably the most they'll be able to get unless they're playing at a top tier team. You could fund an entire squad of players making this for 4-5 years with just using 1 year's worth of TV money you'll get out of going up (all of the parachute money is just extra if you go right back down). If the player is any good, someone will poach him for a similar fee if you go back down (see Gary Medel and others for recent examples).

If you buy abroad, you could get very good players for £5m who'd be clamoring to make £30k a week. It's only if you must sign English that you'll need to be concerned.

leadbelly

Banned
Well, it is far too early to say who is going to win the Premier League this year, but you have to say Chelsea are one of the big favourites.

Ozil is the superior no 10 to Fabregas. Mourinho and Wenger both think so. Fabregas always does this perform at the start of the season and then tail off toward the end. We've moved on. Ramsey, Sanchez and Mesut fit our system more than Cesc .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom