• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2015/16 |OT| The Great American Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.

sora87

What a journey to the final too, man utd, dortmund, villarreal who have been excellent in la liga all season.

Just hope we put in a performance like that in basel and even a little bit more.

Empty

sevilla vs liverpool should be a great final

annoying how klopp has already got rodgers' shitty liverpool team popping. hope he makes some bad transfers.

Floody

So if Liverpool wins the EL and gets to CL next season will Balitelli reconsider?

Even if Balotelli suddenly became excellent, I doubt Klopp would want him anywhere near the club, hopefully we can offload him to China, probably be able to make a profit if we get lucky.

Timbuktu

Liverpool has done well in bigs games like this, it's against the 'smaller' teams in the league when they can't hild their concentration. The crowd has a lot to do with it of course, hopefully they can replicate it away from Anfield and occasion can fire them up.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Ok, the Sky Sports thing could come true, the blues are getting back in Europe!!!

can't imagine Chelsea reach europe now but if Man Utd win the FA Cup and Liverpool win the EL it opens up 7th and 8th which is good for Saints. I think that's right away.

Syder

Yep. Shitty 3rd round starting in 3 weeks time though..
I remember reading an expansive article on how places are doled out to teams via different permutations. I'll try to find a link.

Right now, I believe as City won the League Cup and will probably finish in the Top 4 that their Europa League spot will go to the team in 6th.

Beefy

I remember reading an expansive article on how places are doled out to teams via different permutations. I'll try to find a link.

Right now, I believe as City won the League Cup and will probably finish in the Top 4 that their Europa League spot will go to the team in 6th.

Just looked it up. If Utd win the cup it will push the Europa place to 7th. If Liverpool win the Europa it will still be 7th place, but 5 teams will be in the Champs League. But the wording is very weirdly put. So I could be wrong.

So Brendan achieved 2nd with Dalglish's Suárez?

Brendan didn't achieve 2nd, Suarez achieved 2nd. He would have achieved 1st if Brendan wasn't such a pussy and benched Gerrard instead of benching Lucas, his only natural defensive midfielder and also setting up a proper defense.

Syder

Just looked it up. If Utd win the cup it will push the Europa place to 7th. If Liverpool win the Europa it will still be 7th place, but 5 teams will be in the Champs League.
That would be amazing. Regardless, Leicester will inevitably be steamrolling Bayern and Barça.

Floody

The Rodgers fanboys are already saying that Klopp achieved this with Rodgers' team and he should be giving him the credit. SMH

Is there really Rodger fanboys? I think he's a decent manager and all, but really he has fanboys. Also didn't Rodgers say he doesn't have final say on transfers before he left? so it's really Ian Ayre's team.

Talking of Rodgers he is fave for the Celtic job.

As low as his stock fell after his last 18 months with us, he's better than that.

Celtic right now is a job for those coasting through the last years of their management career. They're not good enough to make any impact in Europe, and any domestic success is borderline irrelevant. Maybe if Rangers can get back up there it'll be a good job for a younger manager.

Syder

Celtic's only two Northern Irish managers are in the top 3 highest win percentages for the club with Martin O'Neill and Neil Lennon having 75.53% and 70.04%, respectively.

r2SsB1y.png
If you're Rodgers though, why wouldn't you just wait til a Prem team pulls the trigger on their manager early next season? If you can't recover you can put the blame on the previous manager/the players (see: Redknapp at QPR) and walk away with a good pay-off.

Hitcher, I think it's about time studge gets his leg back.
Don't jinx him for Christ's sake.

Meier

Any Bundesliga posters care to comment on Leverkusen's Wendell? Pep supposedly interested and City desperately need a new LB to replace Kolarov.

Rubbish King

The gift that keeps on giving
I simply cannot see Leicester performing when they have to commit to two games a week, I think it's what gave them such an advantage over other teams. They'll find themselves battling on 3 fronts and it will crush them.

I simply cannot see Leicester performing when they have to commit to two games a week, I think it's what gave them such an advantage over other teams. They'll find themselves battling on 3 fronts and it will crush them.

With the way last season went for us in Europe, I wish we'd just fucked it off from the beginning and concentrated on the league.

Syder

Ranieri has to add depth to the squad with all dem monies.

Timbuktu

However Leicester do in Europe, I do enjoy the fact that PL might get five teams into the CL and it could happen that none of them are Man City, Man U or Chelsea.

Floody

They will definitely need to strengthen, or risk a disaster of a season, they'll have the money to do, and their scouts are pretty great, so it's not impossible. I just hope their team doesn't get completely pillaged, I like it when the top 4 is completely unpredictable.

They will definitely need to strengthen, or risk a disaster of a season, they'll have the money to do, and their scouts are pretty great, so it's not impossible. I just hope their team doesn't get completely pillaged, I like it when the top 4 is completely unpredictable.

It should be pretty good next season. There won't be an out and out target team and due to so many changes at the "super clubs", plus those that have been developing over the years coming to fruition could mix things up more. The quality of the Premier League is pretty crap at the moment, worst it has been for a while but that suits more clubs and personally I don't expect any single club to run away with it next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom