• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2016/17 |OT| Mou Money Mo Pogba

Mory Dunz

looks like Clichy is actually CB....

edit:
ok their formation is really fluid

edit:
Fernaninho is basically playing as alonso between the CBs. Sanga and Clichy are coming infield a lot

sora87

Stones the most expensive defender in the world behind David Luiz

doesnt_make_any_sense_anchorman.gif

sora87

Wonder if they managed to sell out for Pep's first game, there was a story on the sports bible about it only being like 70% full

Syder

Of the big teams, I often find City's the most boring for some reason.
Variants on 4-5-1, possession-based football but not necessarily attacking which is why they can tear teams apart 4-0 or lose to bottom half teams. They could have challenged last year if they'd played 2 strikers occasionally.

velociraptor

I've been out of the loop Arsenal all summer, and boy oh boy, Wenger never fails to impress.

We will never win the Premier League under him.

Every fucking year we have problems in the squad and every fucking year he fails to address.

Does anyone know when the transfer window ends? We're still a striker and a defender short.

I'm just gobsmacked at how much Chelsea, Man City and Man Utd have strengthened, whilst Wenger, has done the square root of fuck all.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Back from Newcastle v Huddersfield, still absolutely fucking buzzing. Newcastle fans I imagine are very disappointed today but I thought zHuddersfields defence was absolutely outstanding, cool and composed, I was never massively worried even with Newcastle having most of the possession in our half. Got good hopes for the season, away fans gave it all today.

T-Rex.

Banned
That's nice from Rodwell. I swear Sunderland get a decent result against City almost every year? Feels like it anyway.

NHale

Welcome to the PL Pep.

He will definitely have to get used to the fact that in the Premier League 90% of the games aren't easy wins like when he was coaching against Barcelona and Bayern. If he still thinks he gets to test every crazy idea between games against top teams, oh boy.

longdi

Banned
City lineup consists of mostly no-namers, why do people expect them to win the PL?
Pep magical formations of tick-tac-taka?

Code:
NO.NAME
13 Wilfredo Caballero
11 Aleksandar Kolarov
24 John Stones
22 Gaël Clichy
3 Bacary Sagna
17 Kevin De Bruyne
21 David Silva
18 Fabian Delph
25 Fernandinho
10 Sergio Agüero  4'
9 Nolito
15 Jesús Navas
7 Raheem Sterling

Brinbe

I think that's a very good point. There are no easy games in the PL and Pep can't just cruise against 90% of the competition like he did at Barca/Bayern.

Top Bottom