• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT| Relegated to Community

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm a raith fan myself. Decent start to the season, sneaky wee last minute equaliser away at Alloa. Synthetic pitch advantage nullified. I live in Dundee so loads of my work colleagues will be happy like yourself at what looks like a decent 3 points away at Inverness.

Aye, can't complain about an opening day win

Hope Raith make it back to the Championship - although naturally I also hope we make it out of it - this season. Got a bit of a soft spot for you guys with family at Kirkcaldy, and us sending a few players like Russell and that down the years.

Audioboxer

Arsenal fans, the punching bag of everyone else when we're underperforming lol. It's a love hate. I'll legit be sad when Wenger goes which is why it was glorious he signed on for 2 more years ;)

I am pretty serious. I think it's just going to be sad when the Fergie/Wenger era is finally over and we're just stuck with frauds and 3 year club jumping managers.

I got a Real Madrid shirt with v. Nisterlrooy on the back from Turkey years ago, it's a pretty convincing fake.

Hah, I'd expect them to still be at it. Footie tops are getting crazy expensive these days.

There's never a reason to be a full kit wanker, even kids agree. So a top is enough.

Hope we pump you and you start fighting yourselves again.
It's Hamilton away that worries me. Think we'll just about manage tomorrow, but the performance on Thursday night proved that we need a better goal threat. Stockley isn't cutting it and Rooney has been miles off the pace for a while, if he even plays.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Arsenal fans, the punching bag of everyone else when we're underperforming lol. It's a love hate. I'll legit be sad when Wenger goes which is why it was glorious he signed on for 2 more years ;)

I am pretty serious. I think it's just going to be sad when the Fergie/Wenger era is finally over and we're just stuck with frauds and 3 year club jumping managers.

Hah, I'd expect them to still be at it. Footie tops are getting crazy expensive these days.

When he goes it'll be a literal end of an era. Premier League will never be the same again, neither will Arsenal.

Audioboxer

When he goes it'll be a literal end of an era. Premier League will never be the same again, neither will Arsenal.

The players do really need to try and win something big for his send off. I was always happy Fergie got another title before he went, thanks to Van Persie lol ;)

As much as Arsenal have been underperforming it probably would have been tragic if Wenger had left last season after all the hate all season. Some fans need to calm it a bit and accept Wenger was always up against Fergie and they did trade blows. Arsenal had some spells of winning everything. The issue for them right now is an EPL title needs to come shortly.

weekev

Banned
Aye, can't complain about an opening day win

Hope Raith make it back to the Championship - although naturally I also hope we make it out of it - this season. Got a bit of a soft spot for you guys with family at Kirkcaldy, and us sending a few players like Russell and that down the years.
Given our current squad we should theoretically piss all over League One. I've followed Raith long enough to know that might mean mid table though. Still decent gaffer these days so should make it back up. Championship will be tight this year. You boys, Dunfermline, Falkirk and St Mirren will all be up there. You might wave at Dundee on the way past judging by today's performances.

Lashley

The players do really need to try and win something big for his send off. I was always happy Fergie got another title before he went, thanks to Van Persie lol ;)

As much as Arsenal have been underperforming it probably would have been tragic if Wenger had left last season after all the hate all season. Some fans need to calm it a bit and except Wenger was always up against Fergie and they did trade blows. Arsenal had some spells of winning everything. The issue for them right now is an EPL title needs to come shortly.

If we can keep Alexis and get someone like Lemar, I really fancy our chances of at least a serious title challenge

Hixx

Okay, under 21, then.

mourinho.png

Prediction time.

User: WadiumArcadium
League: Premier League

1. Chelsea
2. Manchester City
3. Liverpool
4. Tottenham
---
5. Manchester United
6. Arsenal
7. Everton
---
18. Swansea City
19. Brighton & Hove Albion
20. Huddersfield Town
im going to say that liverpool is winning this season

N11Y5ht.png

People love referring to their clubs as "we". Due to this, we have a footy gaf members google doc. I have made it open for everybody to edit for a short while so everybody can show their allegiances before the start of the new season.

I'd make it so that this link is only viewable to GAF members, to avoid vandalism.

Use email tags to accomplish this.

Tubie

PSG looks scary on paper.

Having both Neymar and Di Maria should be enough to carry them far in the CL.

Bronx-Man

Banned
Guess I'll bandwagon Paris St. Germain on that doc since I never really got into the other big names like ManU, City, Barcelona, etc.

You can disagree, but it's a fact. The board have been saying it for over a season now, it's why all but Yoshida and Davis have been given 5yr deals. They want to keep this team together and not just have to replace 5 players a season. It's why they gave Van Dijk a 6 yr deal last year. They want to move away from being seen as a selling club. That and we have new owners coming in soon.

What makes it a fact? Are you in the know and part of the boards? You wasn't there when he signed the contract so you wouldn't know anything just like the media doesn't know. It's common knowledge that teams sign players on long contracts to get the best value for them when other teams come knocking on the door.

Tubie

Camera guy on the PSG game will use any excuse to point it at Neymar lol.

"Oh a sub? Lets see how Neymar reacts"

Audioboxer

If we can keep Alexis and get someone like Lemar, I really fancy our chances of at least a serious title challenge

I think it's probably Man City's title to go for this season. Peps chance to prove he isn't a fraud lol.

I'm doubting Chelsea to retain it. I think Man Utd will do better than last season but I'm still worried about Lukaku stepping up at the club with Champions League football in the mix too.

It's going to be an interesting season, I'm a lot more excited than last season.

Beefy

What makes it a fact? Are you in the know and part of the boards? You wasn't there when he signed the contract so you wouldn't know anything just like the media doesn't know. It's common knowledge that teams sign players on long contracts to get the best value for them when other teams come knocking on the door.

Because the board and manager have come out and said. Both the board and the manager have talked to the local Echo hear and also Jeremy Wilson (he is a trusted reporter for Saints). Both have said we are signing players on bigger longer contracts to make it so we can keep them and only want to add one or two players.

Lashley

I think it's probably Man City's title to go for this season. Peps chance to prove he isn't a fraud lol.

I'm doubting Chelsea to retain it. I think Man Utd will do better than last season but I'm still worried about Lukaku stepping up at the club with Champions League football in the mix too.

It's going to be an interesting season, I'm a lot more excited than last season.

I can't wait for next weekend.

Chelsea will spank us tomorrow in the Shield too.

Beefy

Huh so Firmino took the pen even though Milner was on the pitch.

Also lol at our defending.

You can buy Gardos of us instead of Van Dijk if you want? He has played 2 first team games in about two years and when he isn't injured is getting ripped apart playing for the U23s. Guy is the biggest waste of money ever.

GeeTeeCee

I just noticed that Sunderland have managed to cling onto Premier League status in the Member's Team list.

As a Newcastle fan, I take no pleasure in pointing this out. Honest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom