• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2017/18 |OT2| Fractured but Ox

I can't work atm due to authority based anxiety due to a fucked up past. So I gym everyday. Rather be working though.

Wish I could, but both gyms near me are badly shit, I tend to just run and work-out at home now. Gym right by work was great and a 24 hour one too, would use that a lot more a couple of years ago but I'm reaching that point now where I'm just shattered after work too often.

New proposed chant:

Romelu Lukaku,
he’s our Belgian scoring genius,
we can't sing about his penis,
we're politically correct,
he's offside when erect.

Still dumb

MikeBison

I can't work atm due to authority based anxiety due to a fucked up past. So I gym everyday. Rather be working though. I hope Rio is just bullshitting

Well good on you for doing something positive. I have just started at the gym again but I hate it ha. Hope all that stuff sorts itself out, bruv.

DBT85

Sorry to hear that Beefy! Hope you get it sorted before long.

CTE is no fucking joke man. I feel like playing professional soccer at a defence position probably isn't great for your brain, why add boxing to that as well.
Rio was all about the footwork on the pitch tbh. Now, Vidic on the the hand will probably have mush for brains as he gets older.

Syder

Phil Neville on Song Heung-min:
I played with Park Ji-sung at Man United, and they have similar qualities. Their attitude is fantastic. They give energy to their team.
Really now?
giphy.gif

Red Devil

CTE is no fucking joke man. I feel like playing professional soccer at a defence position probably isn't great for your brain, why add boxing to that as well.

Eh, players are at more risk of CTE by being hit by another player which I don't think is more or less frequent on any particular field position. But boxing though...

sammex

#LFC starting XI: Ward, Flanagan, Gomez, Klavan, Robertson, Henderson, Grujic, Wijnaldum, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Coutinho, Solanke.

#LFC substitutes: Karius, Milner, Moreno, Ings, Markovic, Woodburn, Alexander-Arnold.

Today’s starting XI: Hamer, Amartey, Dragović, Morgan (c), Chilwell, Albrighton, Iborra, Ndidi, Gray, Slimani, Ulloa. #LeiLiv

How is Flanagan still around? He's 25 and played 60 senior games.

Danny Ings on the bench!!! Happy for that man, thought he was great when we first got him. Always put the head down when he was injured too. Professional.

Neuer will return just in time for the UCL semifinals with Madrid and save 2 penalties in the shootout to send Bayern to the final

all according to keikaku

lmao, this meme will never get old

KHR said Neuer'll be back by January. Good news, expected much worse. Could be 8 weeks until he's back, but they probably take it easy to really ensure he's good. PSG is likely gonna work Bayern but otherwise, they should be ok. Read title of report in the morning "terrible injury much worse than feared" .. and thought it was the entire season. Was pleasently surprised once I read that he will be back in January. As long as he doesn't lose anything physically and it doesn't reoccur, this could have ended much worse ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also, after Ribery's cuntiness when he came off at the 79th minute, he's been benched 2 games in a row. I thought last weekend it was rotation, but no way a player doesn't start two games when they're this close to one another (Schalke today). Carlo sending the mafioso message. :eek:

giphy.gif

Been unlucky with injuries. But he's not good enough for this level, let's be honest if he wasn't a scouser, he wouldn't still be here.

Quoted for truth, he's never flourished into being a real squad player, him being homegrown is all I can really say people like about him.

sammex

Been unlucky with injuries. But he's not good enough for this level, let's be honest if he wasn't a scouser, he wouldn't still be here.

:D Rhetorical questions don't do well in here do they? (Don't answer that)

Yeah I can't believe he's still here. We gave him a new 3 year contract last year. Even before he did his knee he was never anything more than a championship player.

Beefy

Wish I could, but both gyms near me are badly shit, I tend to just run and work-out at home now. Gym right by work was great and a 24 hour one too, would use that a lot more a couple of years ago but I'm reaching that point now where I'm just shattered after work too often.

I go gym all around the country depending where I am staying. Pure Gym for me is decent and cheap.

spidye

good to hear Beefy. stay positive

I don't know if Ancelotti's full scale rotation is a good ifea against in form Schalke
I mean, I'm glad he's rotating but Schalke looks very strong right now

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
I don't know if Ancelotti's full scale rotation is a good ifea against in form Schalke

Doesn't seem to be a problem so far. Lewa on the other hand really seems out of shape.

good to hear Beefy. stay positive

This is the drawback with having 18-19 quality players. If they don't play regularly, there will be locker room issues. Telisso is looking a bit rough out there, he will need a few more months to really adapt with bayern.

What happened w Beefy?

Comna's pace.

giphy.gif

Empty

hope cavani and neymar go full bowyer-dyer in the 93rd minute of their 2-1 aggregate defeat to benfica in the first knockout round.

I go gym all around the country depending where I am staying. Pure Gym for me is decent and cheap.

It was a Pure Gym now you mention it lol.

We're moving up field a lot here, and fuck me do we have possession, but that's not saying a lot because both us and Leicester feel really sluggish today.

Top Bottom