• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT16| Bacon & Dregs

Wilbur

Banned
Why can't Spurs get a result in the away leg? The home leg isn't even over yet.

Plus, Rubin have an away goal, so they still have a shot.

On this showing Basel won't lose at home, and if it was a 2-1 lead then I'd worry but Chelsea have two goal lead and its fine.

What do you mean everyone? Why the fuck do you have to dump us all into that category? I've fucking had enough of this.

#banter

useless lazio

why are they so shitty when it comes to not fouling? if i remember correctly, they drew 3-3 against gladbach in germany after three (3) gladbach penalties

Kenka

Tottenham reduced to 10 men.
Gallas eventually left the pitch earlier than the others as he should have had before.

Thanks. At this stage, I would even say they are pretty much on par with Porto. Same style, less talent upfront but more discipline in midfield.

I'm surprised too. While Basel were good at home against us, in St. Pete's they looked overwhelmed. Lucky to lose by just the one goal. I still have nightmares about that shit Shirokov penalty.

Suen

I don't mind losing to City, but Benfica?

what the fuck man
Come on bro, they've played better than you. You're unlucky though, should have at least another goal now. Told you Benfica would eat you up. Besides I don't think they've played that bad as some may think (their defense sucks though, but fast counters)

AlexBasch

Salah is just 20 years old?

Jeebus. This is why I like the Europa League to exist, allows me to see other teams and all kinds of players, Platini can go suck a dick for attempting to dissolve it. ):<

Tuvoc

Bale's fall did not look good at all. He's probably gonna be out for awhile. FUUUUUUUUU

I guess its our chance to show the world that we aren't just a one-man team....I hope :(

What a shit day

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Sadly, you're a one man team.

We aren't but we'll miss him.

Injuries happen, but what's worrying is that Defoe, Bale, Lennon and Gallas have all picked up injuries in the last 3 days. Now we are running out of bodies. That's my main concern.

Lightning

Banned
We aren't but we'll miss him.

Injuries happen, but what's worrying is that Defoe, Bale, Lennon and Gallas have all picked up injuries in the last 3 days. Now we are running out of bodies. That's my main concern.
Bad for the Everton game which you should get a good result anyway since Everton away from home are not that great and then it's a while for your next pl game. So no problem.

The only thing could be you get knocked out of the Europa but that's not a big deal nor the main priority anyway.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
We have no league game next weekend so Defoe and Lennon should be back to play City the week after. Gallas nobody gives a shit about.

Bale is a massive loss but we have lost massive players to injury before and still won games (Modric, King, etc). Holtby played well tonight and as a team we need to be able to move beyond just letting Bale win games, there are lots of good players in the squad. If a bad injury to Bale was coming then tonight wasn't the worst time for it to happen.

Tuvoc

Holtby played well tonight and as a team we need to be able to move beyond just letting Bale win games, there are lots of good players in the squad. If a bad injury to Bale was coming then tonight wasn't the worst time for it to happen.

Holtby is gonna be great once he "clicks". Hopefully Gylfi keeps up the good form he's shown recently. Now if we could just get Dembele and Dempsey up to par with the rest.

On a side note, are we the only club that don't count on our strikers at all? It is pretty sad. But at the same time amazing considering our accomplishments without Defoe and Ade.

Top Bottom