• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread |OT17| Jordan Henderson for Ballon d'Or

bjaelke

fifa14-cm2.jpg
Defending 1-99?

Tc91

And it also presented Van Persie with the opportunity to break his 10-game barren streak, which he celebrated by springing into the arms of his manager.

The Dutchman's reaction has created a great deal of hilarity in the United dressing room too, where it has been one of the chief topics of conversation.

Not that Evra dare a repeat.

'No chance. Never,' said the France defender.

'Maybe I will do it with my team-mates. But not with the gaffer. He is older.

'Imagine I go in too strong against him. He could fall, then he might sack me. I will never do that.'

LOL Evra.

Smeghead

Makes me laugh how they come up with buzz words each year. Fucking pure shot.

Interested to see how pro evo turns out with fox engine.

@Milanello: Balotelli got banned for 2 matches for insulting an official. Balzaretti did the same last weekend and only got a €5000 fine.

Bonolis halp.

The performances of all three men tell a story of their own, but the numbers that accompany their Premier League showings are starker still (current totals for 2012-13 shown in brackets).

At his best in 2011-12, Valencia provided 13 assists (four), created 65 chances (42), including 10 clear-cut chances (six), boasted a shooting accuracy of 47% (20%), dribbling accuracy of 55% (47%), a shot conversion rate of 20% (0%), and entered the penalty area 78 times (30).

He has played fewer games during the current campaign, but has so far been dispossessed 37 times, six more than in the whole of last season.

Young, who has also struggled with injuries, fares no better. He assisted seven times last season (three), created 42 chances (35), boasted shot and dribbling rates of 62% (50%) and 51% (48%) respectively, converted 18% (0%) of his chances, entered the penalty area 64 (54) times and made 75 (60) passes into the final third.

Nani, so long the enigma, is probably having his worst season at Old Trafford to date. He has been hampered by injuries, but has put in some shocking performances when available, particularly against Chelsea in the FA Cup sixth-round replay.

Last season his crossing accuracy was 22% (15%), his dribbling success 63% (53%), he made 10 assists (two), created 68 chances (10), converted 16% of his chances (8%), entered the penalty area 108 times (26), and made 107 passes into the final third (32). Quite a dramatic drop off, even considering injury.

Makes me want to fucking cry. Hamez please.

arkon

He's on loan at some Portugese club IIRC. Probably tearing it up in that league. I'm sure he'll be in the running for player of the year awards and such.

Holy crap I just discovered that PrematureQuiche added me on Origin. Probably around a month or two ago. Sry, I haven't seen any fucking message about it :(
Why always him?
Because there's a conspiracy to help us get to the Champions League 13/14, didn't you know? They help us by banning our most important player in 2013 (along with Montolivo) for the most important games of April.

Top Bottom