• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

For the milionth and last time. David Hayter is not in MGS V. No joke. True Story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
me said:
What if he's telling the truth and you guys are just prolonging his pain?

Pretty much.
Remember the time when Hayter tweeted he's not Snake anymore, and everyone was all "Haha, oh that Kojima! Just trolling us again eh? ^.^"

I did NOT post that. Okay I did, but the LaLiLuLeLo had me that time. My head's in the right place now.

Also I did not realise this was an old thread.

I think the meltdowns are going to be really bad.

"But Hayter must be in it somewhere. Must play through the game within 1 1/2 hours, using no rations and without dying to get it. Yeah, that's it!!!111"

Hopefully Konami will be greedy enough to create Hayter-Voice DLC 6 months later. Maybe even release "Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Hayter" edition 2 years later.
They'll probably just have Hayter voice Snake in the inevitable MGS Pachinko game.

sonto340

When this game comes out I am staying OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET.
because I know if it were to happen, some asshole is going to put it in a thread title on gaf like that's okay.

John Dunbar

correct about everything
i just played ground zeroes for the first time, and while i have no problem with the role being recast i thought it was distracting as fuck to hear jack bauer as snake (or "big boss", who gives a fuck), so #teamhayter

ugly

yeup. i feel for the dude having to deal with that. it's hilarious that there's a decent-sized chunk of the fanbase who will be devastated, once again, when he's not in the game
It's kind of funny. It's also kind of sad all round.

When this game comes out I am staying OFF THE FUCKING INTERNET.
because I know if it were to happen, some asshole is going to put it in a thread title on gaf like that's okay.

Yep, word to your mother. I decided this also.

Dawg

Still pissed at Kojima for fucking over Hayter this way. But feel sympathetic for the shit he was put through by Konami. Also people who keep repeating the whole Big Boss always had a different voice, stop playing dumb. Most Big Boss incarnations are considered and often called Snake (MGSV Included), Hayter voiced him in three fucking games already. Also the Japanese voice actor did not change, there is nothing to suggest your bullshit claims are true. All signs point to Kojima's hard-on for Hollywood being the reason behind this.

It's fine if you don't like Hayter's VA but stop trying to justify or give reason to Kojima fucking over Hayter. Hayter was a long term series institution, also a huge advocate and fan of the series. To remove him and do so without even informing him is downright pathetic and incredibly disrespectful.

I'm still getting the game and will buy anything that Kojima puts out but I won't defend him over this or any other bullshit move he pulls.

I agree, it's fucked up.

MGSV with Hayter and good vocal direction (his normal voice lowered a few octaves) would have been good enough for me, and I think leaving a mainstay of the series out in the cold like that when he has been nothing but an advocate of Metal Gear is cruel. And a person who cannot speak convincing English deciding who would make for a better voice for Big Boss is quite ridiculous.

It was Hideo Kojima's attempt to cling on to some kind of Hollywood relevancy by getting a low B-tier / high C-tier actor to pretend like he gives a shit about the series. I'm not going to knock Kiefer's work but David Hayter earned to opportunity to at least be told he didn't have the roll, Christ.

A lot of assumptions based on nothing but tales from your arse.

And a person who cannot speak convincing English deciding who would make for a better voice for Big Boss is quite ridiculous.

What the hell?

And a person who cannot speak convincing English deciding who would make for a better voice for Big Boss is quite ridiculous.

this is actually kind of hilarious considering a good chunk of the "hayter is in MGSV!/team A" crowd speaks english as a second language.

i just played ground zeroes for the first time, and while i have no problem with the role being recast i thought it was distracting as fuck to hear jack bauer as snake (or "big boss", who gives a fuck), so #teamhayter

Meh, it's kind of funny.

And even as someone who's played a lot of Metal Gear it's really refreshing to finally play an MGS game where there isn't non-stop talking. It's like Kiefer's voice acting bill made Kojima take a machete to his usual script.

ugly

Don't believe his lies! David Hayter is trying to play us like a damn fiddle! XD

Wtf was up with that dialogue dou, for rel
That was some wooden ass material

And then he was all shake shake shake, but it would be weird because she just got that stomach thing, so he shakes her too softly for how angry he is -
and then they both have mullets

Javin98

Banned
Wtf was up with that dialogue dou, for rel
That was some wooden ass material

And then he was all shake shake shake, but it would be weird because she just got that stomach thing, so he shakes her too softly for how angry he is -
and then they both have mullets
I haven't played GZ, so no idea what you're talking about :p I googled the infamous line, though. Anyway, are you really surprised by silly lines and actions in Metal Gear Solid?

Can't wait for the desperate Hayter fanbase to scrounge every corner of Phantom Pain for any sign he's in there, and be left in bitter disappointment

Fisty

I'm not sure Hayter's acting, writing, producing, and directing careers can be attributed to voicing Solid Snake.

Yeah the guy who played "Security Guard that gets kicked in the face" in X-Men and wrote a relatively decent alternate ending to the Watchmen movie was really banking big outside of MGS. Oh yeah who could forget his star-making role in Guyver 2.

Probably the only thing he's done outside of MGS that was of note was his Lupin III voicework in CoC. Which he no doubt got because of MGS.

ugly

I haven't played GZ, so no idea what you're talking about :p I googled the infamous line, though. Anyway, are you really surprised by silly lines and actions in Metal Gear Solid?
I used non-specific jargon for this very possibility
Yeah but this is hollywood g

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom