• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: Reviewers Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'CoD: Ghosts' On PS4

daman824

I can only imagine the panic at IW slowly figured out they couldn't simply brute force the next gen versions. I feel bad for them though, they already have tight schedules, and then Activision adds two new consoles.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
The condemnation should be focused on the deficiencies at Infinity Ward, not the PS4. Just look at Killzone: Shadow Fall and BF4.

Nafai1123

Banned
I can only imagine the panic at IW slowly figured out they couldn't simply brute force the next gen versions. I feel bad for them though, they already have tight schedules, and then Activision adds two new consoles.

They couldn't even brute force the PC, which is a brute force platform. :p

This is whats wrong with internet fanboys...they assume.
1080p and people assumed the PS4 would be the best version just because it looks better...
Because its popular to be a sony fan, they all of a sudden think resolution equals a good game, or a good frame rate.
PS4 launches next week...so that puts the ps4 and x1 embargo around the same time in relation to the launches, so i dont understand the confusion.
its universally being said the x360 is the most stable version, but just because the ps4 suffers from mp and sp frame drops.... its stupid to assume the x1 will.
X1 may also suffer, but instead of using common sense and waiting for the game and seeing for sure, we are assuming...
lets get some brains folks.

Given the story about what really went down with the Vita CoD game Activision were supposed to make, I could believe they last minuted this shit big time.

but just because the ps4 suffers from mp and sp frame drops.... its stupid to assume the x1 will.
X1 may also suffer, but instead of using common sense and waiting for the game and seeing for sure, we are assuming...

What about the videos that have been posted in this thread from the Xbone version showing it has framerate issues also?

Portugeezer

A Day One patch to iron out FPS drops that big? I don't know. Then again, with the way modern game development is heading, I wouldn't be surprised if a huge amount of optimisation is done after the game ships.

It's a possibility. The game has to be gold a month in advance, consoles not even out yet, if it's bad enough they'll still be working on a patch which on the new consoles are apparently quicker to get onto PSN/XBL.

And from those new consoles they'll be milking a further $10 from a lot of people for the upgrade which will be a digital copy (no used resale).

Bgamer90

Banned
CoD: Ghosts platform tier list:

S tier: N/A

A tier: N/A

B tier: PC
Horribly optimised. Requires 4x the amount of RAM it actually uses.

B- tier: PS4
1080p but with framerate issues.

C tier: Xbox One
720p. May or may not have framerate issues.

D tier: Xbox 360
Sub-shitty resolution but stable 60 fps framerate

F tier: PS3
Sub-shitty resolution with framerate drops

Nobody wins. Not a well made game. Not at all.

Pretty much. Funny how some of the people in previous "COD 720p" threads got bashed for simply saying that maybe Infinity Ward is having problems with the game.

Lot of crow being eaten.

1080p and people assumed the PS4 would be the best version just because it looks better...
Because its popular to be a sony fan, they all of a sudden think resolution equals a good game, or a good frame rate.
PS4 launches next week...so that puts the ps4 and x1 embargo around the same time in relation to the launches, so i dont understand the confusion.
its universally being said the x360 is the most stable version, but just because the ps4 suffers from mp and sp frame drops.... its stupid to assume the x1 will.

Wait...what? You're telling me that after its terrible performance on PC you think that it's not safe to assume the X1 will suffer from just as bad if not worse? Really? And you are asking us to get some brains? And their review embargo is to surprise us all with how well the X1 version runs? Really? Who needs to use their brains?

Asian_b53e7c_150166.gif

Sky Chief

Oh wow, clicked on these videos just to see why everyone is up in arms. Forget the framerate, the animations are just so bad, especially the first person running.

Pimpbaa

but just because the ps4 suffers from mp and sp frame drops.... its stupid to assume the x1 will.

Follow your own advice and look at the goddamn xb1 video of the game in this thread.

iILHJhCXR0NMp.gif

Oh boy...

Zabka

ihOjzlzr2t5ol.gif

nib95

Banned

Common sense tells us the Xbox One will also suffer from frame drops. Then we have a tweet confirming as much. Plus facts do too, seeing as how we already have footage of the Xbox One MP that is dropping frames heavily. But you carry on....

If the X1 somehow runs at a flawless 60 fps it will be pandemonium in here. I just wish it wasn't embargoed until next week because I would go out and buy the 360 version now.

dreamfall

Sounds like it's a mess everywhere. No matter which platform, each game has it's own deficiencies- whether it be frame rate, resolution or just shoddy porting.

And that article- I mean, no follow up? Just block quote other review passages and describe the framerate problems?

Dukey

Banned
Pretty much. Funny how some of the people in previous "COD 720p" threads got bashed for simply saying that maybe Infinity Ward is having problems with the game.

Lot of crow being eaten.

I'd never co-sign that list. The only versions worth playing are the ones with the most stable framerates. It's a twitchy FPS. Solid framerates or gtfo. That makes the 360 version God Tier when compared to the mess IW made of the other versions.

Pop

oh boy

If the X1 somehow runs at a flawless 60 fps it will be pandemonium in here. I just wish it wasn't embargoed until next week because I would go out and buy the 360 version now.

One thing is for certain...they aren't embargoing the review to surprise us with its amazing performance...

Who is Jeremy Conrad? He obviously has a horse in this race and is furiously trying to run damage control for PS4. We haven't even seen the review copy of XB1 yet, just a youtube video(who knows how old the build is?) and he's tweeting stuff like that? Wow. I hope he is no one of import.

Edit: Dunno why he would be doing that anyways, this is obviously the devs fault.

No this is just an unoptimized game and a bad port rushed for next gen

Dukey

Banned
Who is Jeremy Conrad? He obviously has a horse in this race and is furiously trying to run damage control for PS4. We haven't even seen the review copy of XB1 yet, just a youtube video(who knows how old the build is?) and he's tweeting stuff like that? Wow. I hope he is no one of import.

Edit: Dunno why he would be doing that anyways, this is obviously the devs fault.

Manabyte. Not worth your attention. He's Kevin Dent levels of stupid.

fallagin

Sorry dog, it's already confirmed that the framerate is worse on xbone.

trixx

This is hillarious. Wii U version might be the definitive version with off-screen gameplay.

Joiking the player base is still laughably bad. Guess xbone would be

Curufinwe

Is it also the devs fault that BF4 runs at a higher resolution and a higher frame rate on PS4?

Apparently Conrad was one if the first people to confirm CoD being 720p on X1.

Manabyte. Not worth your attention. He's Kevin Dent levels of stupid.

Oh, same level of stupid as the guy who said Bf4 on XB1 is 1080p native? Yeah ok, I'll disregard everything he has to say. Thanks.

Is it also the devs fault that BF4 runs at a higher resolution and a higher frame rate on PS4?

Apparently Conrad was one if the first people to confirm CoD being 720p on X1.

BF has always been a graphically intense game. I can see why that would be 720p on XB1 and 900p on PS4. COD on the other hand...

He does? Who does he work for, and what is his connection with Sony?

I mean, you should know...since you are the one making the accusation.

Wynnebeck

Banned

Good thing you have business sense because you sure don't have any common sense.

Bgamer90

Banned
I'd never co-sign that list. The only versions worth playing are the ones with the most stable framerates. It's a twitchy FPS. Solid framerates or gtfo. That makes the 360 version God Tier when compared to the mess IW made of the other versions.

Good point. I agree but I took the list as how other people would see each version of the game.

But yeah, it seems like the Xbox 360 version has the most stable frame rate. That's on top of the Xbox 360 version having more players than any other console version. Would probably just recommend that instead of the next gen versions.

Considering the Xbox One version still has an embargo until the 12th it seems extremely likely that it has the same frame rate issues as the ps4 version. But I don't see Jeremy Conrad knowing something that we don't already know about the Xbox One version. So far he has only repeated what other insiders from neogaf have already said and he's citing a youtube video that looks as if it has some frame rate issues.

keuja

It's quite impressive to be wrong in literally every sentence you've written.

SRTtoZ

You realize there is XB1 footage out showing slowdown right? Brains indeed.

He does? Who does he work for, and what is his connection with Sony?

I mean, you should know...since you are the one making the accusation.

Just making an assumption, why else would he be trying so hard to belittle XB1 and downplay the framerate issues on the PS4?

Does everything every poster say have to be facts? Should I run my posts by Bish?

Metfanant

except.....we've gotten confirmation from a former IGN editor that the Xbone version suffers WORSE framerate drops...

too bad you didn't bother reading the thread before wasting your time...

Dukey

Banned
Good point. I agree but I took the list as how other people would see each version of the game.

But yeah, it seems like the Xbox 360 version has the most stable frame rate. That's on top of the Xbox 360 version having more players than any other console version. Would probably just recommend that instead of the next gen versions.

I get the impression IW made the engine for the 360 long ago and have just been iterating on it and making easy money off poorly made ports to other platforms for years. There's no reason for the PS3 version to still be running like this. I'm not a fan of calling devs lazy, but this is just lazy.

Considering the Xbox One version still has an embargo until the 12th it seems extremely likely that it has the same frame rate issues as the ps4 version. But I don't see Jeremy Conrad knowing something that we don't already know about the Xbox One version. So far he has only repeated what other insiders from neogaf have already said and he's citing a youtube video that looks as if it has some frame rate issues.

That's all fine and well, but lets at least wait till the 12th then right? So that when the internet tries to burn IW at the stake we'll at least be sure that they fucked the whole shit up, not just PS3/4 and PC.

FuturusX

Have you played any version of the game at all? But yet you are willing to recommend the 360 version?

lol, somebody hasnt read the past few pages and seen Jeremy Conrad's tweets.

Just so you dont make any more silly posts, Conrad tweeted that the Xbox One version has a worse framerate than PS4. Sorry....

Top Bottom