• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: Reviewers Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'CoD: Ghosts' On PS4

That's all fine and well, but lets at least wait till the 12th then right? So that when the internet tries to burn IW at the stake we'll at least be sure that they fucked the whole shit up, not just PS3/4 and PC.

I agree, people should wait until the 12th until they freak out over the differences but it's looking likely that the Xbox One version has the same issues as the PS4 one at a lower resolution.

Bgamer90

Banned
I get the impression IW made the engine for the 360 long ago and have just been iterating on it and making easy money off poorly made ports to other platforms for years. There's no reason for the PS3 version to still be running like this. I'm not a fan of calling devs lazy, but this is just lazy.

Did you see the recent comments from Infinity award talking about how hard it was to make a game across 6 platforms?

Found it really amazing how they would state something like that shortly after the game's launch. The statements combined with the reviews as well as the news is this thread pretty much sums up the fact that COD Ghosts is the worst COD game in a long time, if not, ever.

lol, somebody hasnt read the past few pages and seen Jeremy Conrad's tweets.

Just so you dont make any more silly posts, Conrad tweeted that the Xbox One version has a worse framerate than PS4. Sorry....
Though that is likely the case, doesn't that Jeremy Conrad guy have a massive hate boner for MS? I'd like to confirmation from a slightly more impartial voice.

Amentallica

Unconfirmed Member
I hate it when NeoGaf goes down. I don't follow any other forum and I only know of GameFAQS, so while it was down I took a peek on those forums - worst mistake ever. Specifically the Xbone forums. The ignorance is INSANE!

I really hated my life for an hour.

Bossofman

Neo Member
Wouldn't it be if Infinity Ward 'Made the Engine' for COD for the 360 mean that the XBO would have excellent performance, seeing how they are similar?

I hope soon-to-be-owners of PS4s are excited about Assassin's Creed, Battlefield or Knack.

Honestly if you're buying a Next Gen console and you're an fan of FPSs, all you're options are really, really, mediocre at best (at least to me).

Call of Duty that doesn't seem to run decently
Battlefield that has some frame rate issues and isn't 1080p
Killzone which is... Killzone. (I never liked Killzone)

Pretty sad launch. :(

ref

The pc recommended specs were pretty telling on how much of a disaster this game was going to be performance wise.

This.

Absurd requirements considering how mediocre the game looks.

I really don't know how you mess up this bad.

I don't see how...on either next gen console - that this game can run below 60 fps. It isn't nearly as detailed as KZ:SF or BF4. It doesn't have a high player count...I just don't get it.

Then again why on earth it needs 6GB of RAM on PC is another question. Only thing I can think of is it just isn't optimized very well for any mid to high tier platform. Maybe Infinity Ward went nuts thinking they'd have all this extra power for once.

Chocked? What? Do you mean "choked"?

And you're happy about this?

Baffling.

Probably meant ceiling. Some people have been going around the threads saying that what we're seeing with the confirmed resolutions and framerates on the Xbox One are the ceiling.

But people are going to troll no matter what. Fucking console wars man...

Honestly if you're buying a Next Gen console and you're an fan of FPSs, all you're options are really, really, mediocre at best (at least to me).

Call of Duty that doesn't seem to run decently
Battlefield that has some frame rate issues and isn't 1080p
Killzone which is... Killzone. (I never liked Killzone)

Pretty sad launch. :(

First im hearing of bf4 having framerate issues . If you dont like killzone that doesnt mean others dont too

Atilac

this thread is about to get awesomer

This tweet?
GtyRR7h.jpg

Derrick01

Banned
The fact the Xbone supposedly suffers worse framedrops is just hilarious.

Makes sense when you think about it. If IW can't get the game running smoothly on the more powerful, easier system to develop on then the other one should drop just as much if not more. I doubt lowering it to 720p is all they needed for a smooth ride, this is IW we're talking about.

Duxxy3

So I wonder what the odds are that Treyarch's next-gen 2014 COD will perform better all around than IW's 2015 one.

Why do people keep forgetting sledgehammer in all of this?

They're nearly the same size as infinity ward. Activision isn't paying them to sit around.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
this thread crashed gaf?

Yeah, I was hoping for something more phenomenal.

So IW is using a crotchety old engine that ain't optimized worth it's cobwebs for next-gen. It's not all that surprising. Laughable, but not surprising.

This will be really interesting news for Battlefield and Killzone's multiplayer communities. If CoD has completely shat the blanket on next-gen, then the 60fps difference might cause a small fracture in the facade of the Great Gaming Satan.

I think we can all agree at this point that infinity ward is a terrible dev. 720p on X1 and frame rate troubles on ps4. The game doesn't even look good. I think we should hold IW accountable for these issues instead of arguing hardware issues on this example.

BajiRav

Considering the Xbox One version still has an embargo until the 12th it seems extremely likely that it has the same frame rate issues as the ps4 version. But I don't see Jeremy Conrad knowing something that we don't already know about the Xbox One version. So far he has only repeated what other insiders from neogaf have already said and he's citing a youtube video that looks as if it has some frame rate issues.
So the embargo is not because XBO releases one week later than PS4? Silly me!

GodofWine

I think we can all agree at this point that infinity ward is a terrible dev. 720p on X1 and frame rate troubles on ps4. The game doesn't even look good. I think we should hold IW accountable for these issues instead of arguing hardware issues on this example.

their engine has probably been so warped to run on last gen, that its just not taking well to new hardware...unless its brute forced as the pc specs suggest.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member

That seems to be what I'm getting out of all this; not particularly thrilled with any version of this game with how things are shaping up. I guess these are the growing pains of next gen...

CoG

Funny how reviewers cannot even talk about the Xbox One version. Must be pretty bad if there is an embargo on reviews. The few YouTube videos we have seen of the Xbox One version had pretty bad framerate issues so it's moot. Once the review embargo is lifted we'll hear the same story except 720p + framerate issues.

scitek

It's ironic because the opposite used to be the case. Treyarch were the ones that used the crappy unoptimized version of the engine with the first Black Ops that resulted in awful performance on the PS3. That was a year after Modern Warfare 2, which had had optimizations done by Infinity Ward, and performed just fine on the PS3.

I wonder if all the tech gurus are working on TitanFall now.

Qvoth

This is whats wrong with internet fanboys...they assume.
1080p and people assumed the PS4 would be the best version just because it looks better...
Because its popular to be a sony fan, they all of a sudden think resolution equals a good game, or a good frame rate.
PS4 launches next week...so that puts the ps4 and x1 embargo around the same time in relation to the launches, so i dont understand the confusion.
its universally being said the x360 is the most stable version, but just because the ps4 suffers from mp and sp frame drops.... its stupid to assume the x1 will.
X1 may also suffer, but instead of using common sense and waiting for the game and seeing for sure, we are assuming...
lets get some brains folks.

dayum that's a quick ban

Just making an assumption, why else would he be trying so hard to belittle XB1 and downplay the framerate issues on the PS4?

You are making an assumption but then stating matter-of-factly that he "obviously has a horse in this race?"

Oh, OK.

And as to why he's stating the XBone version has frame rate issues (what you call "belittling"...that's a pretty fucking easy question to answer: because it has frame rate issues. Go look at that YouTube video posted previously. When a 30 FPS Youtube video looks like a slideshow just from panning from side-to-side, you've got framerate issues.

Considering the guy you are accusing of whatever used to be an editor at IGN and now does a podcast, he either saw these issues himself or it was reported to him by people he trusts.

But regardless, we can all see them in the video. They exist. This isn't a Bigfoot sighting.

Does everything every poster say have to be facts? Should I run my posts by Bish?

That might be helpful. Especially since I actually know who Conrad is, and I have no clue who you are. Thanks for suggesting this solution.

Given how bad it looked to begin with and everything else that has gone on with this game I'm tempted to give the Xbone crowd a pass on this one even if that version has worse framerate drops.

Top Bottom