• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: Reviewers Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'CoD: Ghosts' On PS4

This tweet?
GtyRR7h.jpg

tAhri.gif

nib95

Banned
Watched TotalBiscuits COD Ghosts (PC) vid and was cracking up left and right. He absolutely DESTROYED the game. Literally 10+ minutes of non stop berating. Wonder if anyone from Infinity Ward can watch that video without wincing.

EDIT: This video

synce

They should've went with 900p like BF4... although I've read it doesn't scale as well as 720p. Anyway what can you expect from unoptimized PC ports?

nib95

Banned
They should've went with 900p like BF4... although I've read it doesn't scale as well as 720p. Anyway what can you expect from unoptimized PC ports?

If the frame rate drops are more bug related than performance, it probably wouldn't have made a difference, hence sticking to 1080p.

their engine has probably been so warped to run on last gen, that its just not taking well to new hardware...unless its brute forced as the pc specs suggest.
They have so much money! I can't imagine that they were not prepared to optimize the crap out of this game. We can only hope the massive amout of cod fans decide to maybe check out other franchises based on this laziness or whatever is responsible for this disaster of a game. If the game looked great and had performance issues I wouldn't be as opposed to it but the game looks bad on all platforms. They literally have a game that prints money like none other every year and they don't go above and beyond for their fans. I hate to say devs are lazy but this sure seems like it. Your right! Look at the PC recommended specs! Disgraceful.

So the embargo is not because XBO releases one week later than PS4? Silly me!

I don't understand why the embargo is on the 12th at all considering the game doesn't release until the 19th on the xbox one, but if Microsoft didn't have anything to fear then why would they still have an embargo on Ghosts? If the 720p issue is the only thing to worry about the xbox one version it would be smarter to get that news out of the way further away from the launch rather than closer.

The Flash

Banned
Watched TotalBiscuits COD Ghosts (PC) vid and was cracking up left and right. He absolutely DESTROYED the game. Literally 10+ minutes of non stop berating. Wonder if anyone from Infinity Ward can watch that video without wincing.

I don't think that's the right video....

This game is a technical failure on every platform. Reports right now are that it's a piece of junk even on PC. Uses 2gb of ram (more than BF4) and requires 6gb's of ram in the PC or it wont even start. It never uses 6gb's of memory yet it wont start. And most people are saying that as ugly as it is it runs at about the same framerate as BF4 maxed.

This game shouldn't even be in the discussion about the Xbox 1's hardware limitations. 720p, framerate problems, no excuse for either when it comes to this game. This game is in such poor shape that it shouldn't be used as any kind of benchmark for any system.

KOMANI

KOMANI
it's simple. In this case, it doesn't sound like a console battle, but a bad job from the developers. I mean, if even the PC version has hiccups, that should tell something. So please, check your fanboy-ism at the door.

KOMANI

KOMANI
This game is a technical failure on every platform. Reports right now are that it's a piece of junk even on PC. Uses 2gb of ram (more than BF4) and requires 6gb's of ram in the PC or it wont even start. It never uses 6gb's of memory yet it wont start. And most people are saying that as ugly as it is it runs at about the same framerate as BF4 maxed.

This game shouldn't even be in the discussion about the Xbox 1's hardware limitations. 720p, framerate problems, no excuse for either when it comes to this game. This game is in such poor shape that it shouldn't be used as any kind of benchmark for any system.

this.

Macattk15

Uh. Think that's Grim Dawn?

Anyway. I've heard this game runs like shit on many platforms.

Wouldn't surprise me the PS4 rumors are true .... I'm sure we'll also see Xbone problems when they are able to speak about them.

kaskade

They really need to make a new engine for the game. From everything I've seen it looks slightly better than the current gen versions. New generation should have a new engine. Hopefully Treyarch is working on something.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
That TB video is pretty damning, didn't realize the PC version was so terribly optimized.
There is no reason the game should be running that poorly on a Titan. Guess I'll be looking toward Battlefield/Killzone for my fps fix.

I'll bet Activision is hoping Destiny can replace COD to the point we simply forget and move on. They let this series stagnate and it is a sad state of affairs.

I'll bet a fair bit of the FPS crowd moves on to other games. Killzone might see a bit of a boost from this.

I'll bet Activision is hoping Destiny can replace COD to the point we simply forget and move on. They let this series stagnate and it is a sad state of affairs.

I'll bet a fair bit of the FPS crowd moves on to other games. Killzone might see a bit of a boost from this.

Activision doesn't care, they do this with EVERY hit franchise they manage to bring out but it doesn't matter to them because in the years until they finally kill them dead they make beaucoup bucks.

Why spend extra and hope you'll make more over the long-term when you can make a crapton of dough now?

I think the resolutiongate and now the framerategate is more of a indictment to IW's than to the consoles power. There's no reason for a game that looks that bad to have issues running on nextgen and pc hardware. Probably the COD devs have so much shit going on due to imminent changes brought by upcoming next gen hardware that it affected the quality of ghosts.

Krakn3Dfx

Sounds like the Xbox One version is being held back because it's complete perfection in blu-ray form. If you have the superior version, it's important that you hold it back till the last minute and not let people know who are in the process of making important pre-order decisions.

I'm onto you Microsoft, last star on the left and straight ahead til dawn and all that.

(Checks PS4 pre-order status again)

Ok, yeah, we're good. Carry on.

Barakov

It's a shame that IW seems to have dropped the ball this badly with the next gen versions.

Edit: The PC version being optimized that badly is really awful.

I'm definitely taking a wait and see on this iteration.

Cidd

I guess they had to cutback on dev cost somehow with Activision buying themselves from Universal, money must have been tight...

yeah that's it...../s

tripleV

Too many projects, not enough time/resources? Not an excuse for the game's state but I'm thinking this is what's happening here. I wonder if the next COD will also be developed for six platforms, seems like they have a lot on their plate trying to pump these out.

Jesus Christ, how do you get a GTX Titan to struggle at 1920x1080?

I mean yeah its possible the Xbox One has the best version but my god watching that framerate dip like 20-30 frames the minute you aim the sights is pathetic.

REV 09

I've never seen a cod game get discussed so much on this forum. The BF4 differences I sorta get, but cod looks like shit on all platforms....I fail to see how this is a reflection on xb1 when games like Forza and Ryse exist. I place the technical incompetency on the game devs in this particular case.

JCizzle

Really wanted to get back into online fps this generation. Sucks that it's the time IW truly loses it and can't even deliver 60 fps.

Top Bottom