• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forbes Contributor: Reviewers Reporting Frame Rate Problems With 'CoD: Ghosts' On PS4

Mandoric

Banned
When 720pGate happened it was "all this means is xbox one is horrible console."

Now rumors of PS4 performance issues. "all this means is that infinity ward is horrible developer"

edit-
me I dgaf about either game. Looks like a shitty game.

bad performance on one console: probably a bad console
bad performance on every console except wii u, and hilarious hardcoded "we require more vespene gas" popups on pc: bad devs

harSon

Banned
I know many people were reluctant to say so beforehand because it didn't fit the narrative, but considering that even the Playstation 4 version has issues, is it safe to say that developer incompetency is at least part of the problem in the case of COD: Ghost?

The Goat

Not that I think this shouldn't be reported, but why is it that negative things about Sony's console seem to be emphasized more.

The same outlets quoted always make sure to declare that resolution difference is not going to be noticeable to the general public, where's the same for this?

If people can't tell between 720p and 1080p they certainly can't tell 60 fps and 60 fps with occasional drops to 50 some.

Framerate is much easier to see than resolution differences. It's not like they are shitting on the PS4 version, so its not like "emphasized PS4 issues", they are just reporting what they saw. Does everything have to be some sort of conspiracy?

Dukey

Banned
Lol really, really reaching there aren't you?

You forgot his articles on:

"They 5 Best Reasons For Buying The PS4 Instead Of A Xbox One"

"Call Of Duty' Creators Explain Why The Resolution Is Lower On Xbox One"

Confirmed -- 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Runs At A Lower Native Resolution On Xbox One

Here's Every Game You Can Buy For The PS4 At Launch

PS4 Beating Xbox One In Holiday Shopping Poll

The PS4 Will Be Sony's Cheapest Playstation Yet

Oh but he posts one bit of negative news you question a bit, so you decide to pull up his history (which is rather fair and balanced for both sides), and try to point out him for being biased it seems? If you aren't trying to do this, my apologizes, but that's what I read your post as. A passive aggressive questions of where he stands for both systems.

Ohhhhhhh snap!

lol wow

Confirmed -- 'Call Of Duty: Ghosts' Runs At A Lower Native Resolution On Xbox One

Oh but he posts one bit of negative news you question a bit, so you decide to pull up his history (which is rather fair and balanced for both sides), and try to point out him for being biased it seems? If you aren't trying to do this, my apologizes, but that's what I read your post as. A passive aggressive questions of where he stands for both systems.

EDIT: You guys are agreeing with him on this? Some users here are already discrediting the man and his article and asking "to close the thread" because someone posted a completely one-sided listing of some of the positive Xbox One articles he's made? He's made just as many positive PS4 articles, he's trying to be a news reporter, a journalist. He's reporting stories for both sides, he's doing a good attempt at this. There is no bias and there is no reason to discredit him. Come on, some of you guys need to lighten up.

lol wowWOW twists and turns ohmy! o_O

Derrick01

Banned
I know many people were reluctant to say so beforehand because it didn't fit the narrative, but considering that even the Playstation 4 version has issues, is it safe to say that developer incompetency is at least part of the problem in the case of COD: Ghost?

Considering how bad COD looks even on next gen compared to Killzone and BF4...yes.

I find it funny some people are mocking PS4 for this, the stronger console by the way, as if it's the system's fault.

EDIT: You guys are agreeing with him on this? Some users here are already discrediting the man and his article and asking "to close the thread" because someone posted a completely one-sided listing of some of the positive Xbox One articles he's made? He's made just as many positive PS4 articles, he's trying to be a news reporter, a journalist. He's reporting stories for both sides, he's doing a good attempt at this. There is no bias and there is no reason to discredit him. Come on, some of you guys need to lighten up.

Good work.

Tired of gaffers trying to pull this shit.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

Holy shit.

That's shameful behavior on maquiladora's part.

sephi22

Can we stop quoting maquiladora's list of articles?
It was shown as a biased selection of articles written by Dave to make him look like a MS shill on the last page.

I don't think the game runs bad, I think it has times where it hiccups out of nowhere, watch the TotalBiscuit video, it lags for no apparent reason. Rushed game indeed.

The PlayStation 4 version, however, has noticeable technical issues, sometimes slowing to a crawl

So this is hyperbole? That description makes it sound pretty bad. Why would they let the game "slow down to a crawl" instead of sacrificing res like on the X1? Doesn't make sense.

It would appear that next gen is coming too soon. I'm only hyped to play my sealed copy of Wonderful 101 when I get a price dropped Wii U.

Floex

One of the worst looking games at launch and it can't even have a decent frame rate. Pathetic stuff Activision, pathetic.

Man... These threads. The internet, GAF included, is just burning right now. I really worry about the future of productive conversation here and everywhere else related to videogames. There are conversations worth having on this topic, but I just don't know if we're capable of it right now.

Sulik2

So the COD guys don't really have the time to optimize properly on XB1 to get it to 900p or to get a solid framerate on the PS4. This surprises people on a launch game for a new console why?

Can we stop quoting maquiladora's list of articles?
It was shown as a biased selection of articles written by Dave to make him look like a MS shill on the last page.

Mods need to clean it up or people are going to read that and completely dismiss the OP and the rest of the thread.

I'm telling you, "Infinity Ward" seems to have handed in a real turd on both next gen systems this time around. Shame since I really love Call of Duty.

Still, "handful" of drops isn't so bad. I would like to see DF's framerate video.

As long as the drops aren't in Multiplayer, and aren't a regular issue, I see no issues/problems with them, but still makes me wonder where IW went wrong with developing the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions. Hopefully this is the one time the developers are spread across 6 platforms. Probably not, I'm expecting Call of Duty to be released as Cross Gen for the next 2 titles at best. Hopefully those next two titles however, are focused on Next Gen and the 360/PS3 versions are the bad ports having issues.

Dukey

Banned
How can you tell it dropped to 20?

The CoD superfan in the video said so. Doesn't seem biased. He claims the Xbox One version might as well be current gen for how it looks, whereas he was wowed by the PS4 version other than the drastic framerate drops at times.

Soule

Thanks mate, even though this has been quoted tons already people still only just finding Maquiladora's post and still going on about the author's bias so quoting for exposure.

about-to-go-down.gif

As long as the drops aren't in Multiplayer, and aren't a regular issue, I see no issues/problems with them, but still makes me wonder where IW went wrong with developing the PS4/Xbox One/PC versions. Hopefully this is the one time the developers are spread across 6 platforms. Probably not, I'm expecting Call of Duty to be released as Cross Gen for the next 2 titles at best. Hopefully those next two titles however, are focused on Next Gen and the 360/PS3 versions are the bad ports having issues.

The OP does mention multiplayer which is why I'm concerned. I really don't give a fuck about single player.

Kevtones

Honestly I forgot about Wii U.
But in hindsight it isn't worth including because some 5000 people played BO2 online on Wii U, and if you don't have a good MP crowd on a platform for a CoD, its not worth mentioning

None of what you said is true and I'm pretty sure it ran at 60 FPS/1080P.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Here's DF's Blops 2 Face-Off.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-black-ops-2-face-off

In action segments the frame rate drops to 30fps, but more than that, you can see frame drops are pretty common. I don't know why people have this belief that COD on consoles runs at a locked 60fps. It never has.

Lol, wow, didn't realize that.
The CoD superfan in the video said so. Doesn't seem biased. He claims the Xbox One version might as well be current gen for how it looks, whereas he was wowed by the PS4 version other than the drastic framerate drops at times.
Seems a bit finger in the air.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Mods need to clean it up or people are going to read that and completely dismiss the OP and the rest of the thread.

I'm telling you, "Infinity Ward" seems to have handed in a real turd on both next gen systems this time around. Shame since I really love Call of Duty.

And current gen doesn't have ground war. :x

Annoying as shit scenario.

Linkyn

Normally, this wouldn't really bother me, but there are some genres where a decent and solid framerate is a must, and the FPS genre is among those. There are actually very few situations in which resolution trumps framerate, but if you don't have fast-paced gameplay (like you tend to get in eg FPS', Racing Games or Beat'em Ups), you can easily go with 30 FPS in favor of 1080p or more elaborate effects. Ultimately, the best thing would be to let people gauge what setup they want to use, which sadly (and perhaps arrogantly) isn't the norm on home consoles.

So this Forbes "contributor" is just an Xbox fanboy and apologist (perhaps even a shill for Microsoft?), and writes articles to put the PS4 in the most negative light possible.

This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

Read the rest of the thread.

This is a bullshit list.

So this Forbes "contributor" is just an Xbox fanboy and apologist (perhaps even a shill for Microsoft?), and writes articles to put the PS4 in the most negative light possible.

This kind of stuff makes me sick to my stomach.

yyyyyyeah... about that... well...

Dukey

Banned
If it runs at 720p but a solid 60fps in multiplayer I will regret opening my PS4 version already.

FPS > Everything when it comes to COD multiplayer.

Based solely on the one guy that was willing to talk about the Xbox One version, you're in the clear.

KlotePino

I don't mean to sound like I'm in some sort of denial here since I detest this franchise every since CoD:MW but I just feel like there's no excuse for IW to make the PS4 version run worse. The PS4 isn't hard and dissimilar to develop for like the PS3 and only has more raw power so how in the hell would you be able to mess it up? It seems weird to me that IW which has loads and loads of cash behind it wouldn't be able to make such a mediocre looking game run decent on the PS4 while apparently maintaining 60 fps on the XONE.

Top Bottom