• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

Ploid 3.0

Thanks folks.

So generally, I should drop all white weapons and pick up whichever rarity is best in class?

Strange how left and right on dpad arent used. Pressing triangle can lead to pressing one item too far.

Im actually enjoying this more than PUBG as a first impression. Will Epic work fast in the content updates?

Seems they can improve a lot of things real fast

I wish I knew more about how Fortnite devs do things, or how the new team on the Battle Royal do things. The team Epic has on Paragon is amazing with updates. If Battle Royal is anything close to that it will be updated frequently. I believe they will be doing stuff pretty fast to get it to a point people are invested in the game and want to buy skins. I'm looking forward to seeing this mature, and to see what they have on the store.

Severance

Coming from PUBG, the best part about Fortnite Royale is how smooth the gameplay and spectating are. Big props to Epic, especially since this is early access. It's nice to know they can focus on gameplay and features from here on out. Its pure arcade fun. Even it's not my "main game", I've been coming back to it over and over. Excited to see what the future holds.

Memnoch

I wish I knew more about how Fortnite devs do things, or how the new team on the Battle Royal do things. The team Epic has on Paragon is amazing with updates. If Battle Royal is anything close to that it will be updated frequently. I believe they will be doing stuff pretty fast to get it to a point people are invested in the game and want to buy skins. I'm looking forward to seeing this mature, and to see what they have on the store.
And the addition of some different maps.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
I understand that, but having no shield in this game basically feels like you're a walking piece of paper. So I only go to 100 shield if I still have 1 to spare. 100 health + 50 shields feels like it should be the base amount of health.
Fair point. I'm getting a lot of kills with people who didn't even drink the first potion.

Dommel

Is it me or are people dying way faster here compared to PUBG?

Like 70 people gone before the 3rd circle starts.

This game is so damn polished.

Lots of jank in that other battle royale game, but not here, smooth as butter!

Good job epic, you got a winner on your hands.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Coming from PUBG I love how it runs most of all, it's like butter, I'm so impressed with performance. I also really like the compass, it's bigger and just much clearer in general, I struggle to read the numbers in PUBG sometimes but not in Fortnite. The looting and loot management is very clunky right now though, that's a big minus compared to PUBG. I also think the TTK is too low. Overall it's a fun, well made game that has a ton of potential, and competition is always good.

JDB

Banned
Damn, even body shots with the blue sniper don't mess around

D3T6HXc.gif

Well this is everything I wanted. Enjoyable as hell. Even though I'm getting my ass handed to me every match.

Is it just me or the game is laggy af? Rubber banding is terrible!

I never had a problem with it during the beta.

I had a few hiccups, but I'm pretty sure they were on my end.

Is there any sort of stats or record keeping? I want to see my placement/kills from all my matches.
From the dev blog:

Stats:

We love stats and analytics and will show you the basics over the next few weeks.

After providing stats we’ll focus on Leaderboards / Scoreboards and Rankings. Leaderboards / Scoreboards reward successful placement and game actions, while Ranking is a direct reflection of your skill. We’re evaluating algorithms for each of them and want to be careful we don’t change the goal to be the last player standing.

The ๖ۜBronx;250087572 said:
From the dev blog:

Like I said before, this feels so odd.

Why not creating a progression system or character system first before they implemented ranking lists and statistics? Just feels weird.
You have statistics, but no real profile behind it.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Is the new AR projectile or hitscan?

Why not creating a progression system or character system first before they implemented ranking lists and statistics? Just feels weird.
You have statistics, but no real profile behind it.

Have you played PUBG? There is no progression system. Only clothing and ranking.

Also, this game is it alpha right now. Stuff is going to be missing.

Maximus P

ROFL the scoped AR is broken as fuck. No spread, crazy zoom, and hitscan. It's a freaking Lazer. Better than the sniper rifles.

Hitscan. Lol.

Good becuase I used the new sub machine gun earlier and it's dog shit. The bullet spread was just too much, even at close range.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
ROFL the scoped AR is broken as fuck. No spread, crazy zoom, and hitscan. It's a freaking Lazer. Better than the sniper rifles.

Hitscan. Lol.

Its broken then. Sacriel just two tapping people at sniper range on his stream. They really have to drop hitscan or this thing will crash and burn for competitive types.

Got to the final circle with a squad

My hands are shaking. This is so damn fun. Bunked in a house and the building mechanics came to life

Opened roof for quick flank and sniping spot

Enemy started breaking a back wall and positioned themselves in a cold room and took our guy out.

Lots of risky reviving

Then I jumped outside the roof and flanked two guys. Then I died by another guy behind a tree

The building mechanics are going to create insane plays by more experienced players

While I like PUBGs scale and vehicles, I am enjoying this game because it feels better. If it can match PUBGs scale I will be ecstatic

My heart is still pumping like mad. Made many kinds of top 10 finishes in PUBG, but none as heart pumping as this

Dan1984uk

Banned
I got this the other week and have really enjoyed my time with the game so far, I have still not won a game yet, my highest finish so far is 8th on solo play.

Got to the final circle with a squad

My hands are shaking. This is so damn fun. Bunked in a house and the building mechanics came to life

Opened roof for quick flank and sniping spot

Enemy started breaking a back wall and positioned themselves in a cold room and took our guy out.

Lots of risky reviving

Then I jumped outside the roof and flanked two guys. Then I died by another guy behind a tree

The building mechanics are going to create insane plays by more experienced players

While I like PUBGs scale and vehicles, I am enjoying this game because it feels better. If it can match PUBGs scale I will be ecstatic

My heart is still pumping like mad. Made many kinds of top 10 finishes in PUBG, but none as heart pumping as this

That sounds awesome, I only have a friend that will play this game, can I build a squad with 2 or it needs to be 4?

Its broken then. Sacriel just two tapping people at sniper range on his stream. They really have to drop hitscan or this thing will crash and burn for competitive types.

I watched the same thing which prompted me to come and post here :p

I wonder if they'll make that change. I imagine the gunplay is the same in PVE?

Gunplay\damage will be the most difficult thing for them to get right in this game.

Why not creating a progression system or character system first before they implemented ranking lists and statistics? Just feels weird. You have statistics, but no real profile behind it.
Agreed customization seems obvious and would add a large part to the game. That said it's free and out now so happy to play and see where it goes. I would definitely enjoy getting cosmetics though, and having a persistent avatar to apply them to.

Drencrom

Thanks folks.

So generally, I should drop all white weapons and pick up whichever rarity is best in class?

Strange how left and right on dpad arent used. Pressing triangle can lead to pressing one item too far.

Im actually enjoying this more than PUBG as a first impression. Will Epic work fast in the content updates?

Seems they can improve a lot of things real fast

This is a real headscrather, I hope they let you use the Dpad to select weapons/items in a future update as I fumbled quite a bit with how it is currently.

Good becuase I used the new sub machine gun earlier and it's dog shit. The bullet spread was just too much, even at close range.

That's a shame. I wanted to try that gun.

But no... the scoped AR is just way too strong right now. It's basically an auto-win at the right range.

Top Bottom