• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite: Battle Royale |OT| 100 Players on Epic Battlegrounds

I really really like the feature that you can spectate the guy that killed you and if he dies you can watch the guy who kills him and so on up to the end of the game.

Ploid 3.0

Is this not on Steam?

Like Blizzard, Epic Games have their own launcher. It's used for their engine, games, and mods for their games. Epic games that have a specific publisher like Gears, and such don't show up on the Epic Launcher.

I really really like the feature that you can spectate the guy that killed you and if he dies you can watch the guy who kills him and so on up to the end of the game.

It's good to see if someone was cheating too.

GodofWine

I'm failing on the aiming, shooting and not dying parts.

Well, at least you have the walking part licked. :)

I've played many hours of PUBG and I still am learning to aim in that game, I am prepared to do the same here.

Also, you don't have to kill a lot of people in BR games, just 1. You can drop in, find some stuff, go all stealthy snake, and prepare for battle in the last circle. Like in PUBG, I have more top 10 finishes than kills.

...why can players use KBM on console? That’s a direct advantage.

Ediit: seems like its just keyboard, I think. Hopefully no mouse

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
Which I imagine is even worse in squads.

I'll go see if there's a forum thread on the topic.

TTK seems identical to PUBG and H1Z1. Shields work like armor. Half shields (level 1 armor) full shields (level 2 armor). The issue I see is there is no level three so the TTK never goes above PUBGs level 2 stuff.

Has nothing to do with Sony. It's integrated in the game in the options menu. Blame the developer.
Sony allows you to plug a keyboard into a ps4 and the PS4 recognizes it. Should be a bannable offense but it isn't. Blame Sony.

Like Blizzard, Epic Games have their own launcher. It's used for their engine, games, and mods for their games. Epic games that have a specific publisher like Gears, and such don't show up on the Epic Launcher.

It's good to see if someone was cheating too.

I just wanted to clear this up. Epic doesn't own the gears franchise anymore. Microsoft does.

Doesn't KB&M on PS4 simulate controller input still? I remember hearing some streamer using it for Destiny saying it doesn't make it as easy on PC but wasn't sure whether to believe him.

TTK seems identical to PUBG and H1Z1. Shields work like armor. Half shields (level 1 armor) full shields (level 2 armor). The issue I see is there is no level three so the TTK never goes above PUBGs level 2 stuff.

Sony allows you to plug a keyboard into a ps4 and the PS4 recognizes it. Should be a bannable offense but it isn't. Blame Sony.

Well Im already enjoying the TTK better because I feel like my shots hit while in PUBG, it feels really janky, if that makes sense. (Talking CQC)

Had a game where my teammates wouldnt hear or help me. Games going to suck on console if teamwork doesnt develop

On PC pubg, I can always exepct to have my teammate communicate with me

HowZatOZ

Banned
Biggest gripe right now is weapons. Having rarity is stupid, it means I can't tell what my enemy actually has and identifying the situation is incredibly difficult. At least in PUBG everyone is on even playing field and so I can know that the person won't suddenly headshot me because they drew the luck of RNG and got an epic rifle.

Remove rarity, keep it to skill.

Croatoan

They/Them A-10 Warthog
They need to fix 1rst shot accuracy. It is horrible right now. Bloom is supposed to make spraying more difficult and random, not first shots or slow tapping. What the hell is Epic thinking here....

Eh. There's a difference in how it works though. A level 1 vest in PUBG does not reduce damage by 50%, but 1 shield potion in Fortnite extends your life by 50%. 2 shields DOUBLES your total healthpool, which I think is actually similar to a level 3 vest in PUBG.

In PUBG, if you have level 3 armor and take shots, you lose health but you don't completely lose your armor. So that damage reduction carries onto the next fight. Usually lasts several fights.

In Fortnite, the main issue with shields is that once your shield is gone, you're back to feeling like a piece of paper again. I'm surprised by how many people I kill in Fortnite that do not have any shields. Even at the end-game. That never happens in PUBG. Never. Basic vests are everywhere in PUBG but getting a shield in Fortnite is a bit trickier.

Biggest gripe right now is weapons. Having rarity is stupid, it means I can't tell what my enemy actually has and identifying the situation is incredibly difficult. At least in PUBG everyone is on even playing field and so I can know that the person won't suddenly headshot me because they drew the luck of RNG and got an epic rifle.

Agreed, was shocked to hear this is how it goes

Makes me wonder if they intend to tie micros transactions to rarity drops

arimanius

Agreed, was shocked to hear this is how it goes

Makes me wonder if they intend to tie micros transactions to rarity drops

they've stated that kind of stuff will only be cosmetics.

Also I've gotten to 2nd place a few times using common weapons. Headshots and shields are really the main focus of the game.

FrsDvl

untitled8dsm6.png

How do i fix this? I've signed out, exited out of the launcher, several times. It doesn't seem to want to work.

GHG

Assuming the worst in every firefight until you have a strong weapon is the way to go.

I usually avoid getting into combat situations until I've found a decent weapon.

WoolyNinja

I'm really enjoying this so far! I've played two matches and first I was 11th and the second I was 15th. I just land where noone else seemed to go, find a gun, AND HIDE like a coward. I got into a brick shack the first time and people kept coming in one by one to their demise until one smart person ducked before they opened the door. I was not expecting it and got killed quickly.

I understand how this can get a bit addicting, I can't wait to play more after work.

How to open a map on PS4 version? :)

Up on the d-pad

GodofWine

Is it anything like pubs and I've never played pubs

PUBG. Yea, same basic genre, with a different art style, and a bit more arcade-ish approach, and has building stuff

I'm really enjoying this so far! I've played two matches and first I was 11th and the second I was 15th. I just land where noone else seemed to go, find a gun, AND HIDE like a coward.

Totally valid - its kinda my PUBG method - and I've managed to win a match in that. In BR, you only need to kill 1% of the people to win.

The building adds a pretty damn fun layer in the finals

This game has a shit ton of potential. If anyone else gets into this genre, its going to be one hell of a race

arimanius

People keep saying the TTK is super low but honestly I don't notice much difference between this and PUBG. If you have a shield you take more shots just like in PUBG if you have armor. No armor in PUBG gg you are going to get crushed in seconds.

Only thing I can see is armor in PUBG is a lot easier to get. Shields in Fortnite seem to be rare. I either get none or a ton.

Bossniak

Boys you can use a controller on PC as well. Holy shit why are some of y’all so pissy when it comes to someone using alternative controller ? Play what makes you comfortable.

*Splinter

Ahhh why is there a noise in the background of the menu music that sounds like a phone vibrating

Whyyyyyyy

Game is pretty good

MrPanic

Ok, played my first match, only 2 kills but did get 2nd place. The build stuff allows for some novel strategies. Not sure how long this can keep my attention without some sort of progression and customizable characters, gameplay seems a bit lackluster.

Where do I get shields or armor, just played an entire match and no one had any.

It's rare that people drop shields. They're consumable so people use them right away. And getting more than 2 is rare so people rarely carry extra. Sometimes I'm lucky if I find any at all even after opening like 6 chests.

Alienous

Got to 8th with 2 kills in my first match, but the experience wasn't as fun as trying to engage players in my second match.

It's fun. It's a shame going from match to match isn't smoother.

Top Bottom