• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

farisr

I'm in a guilty till proven innocent mode on anything related to microsoft nowadays. Until some game demonstration releases and pixel counters don't confirm 1080p, I won't consider it true (but I'm not one of those guys who'll go around saying "LOLz 720p" either).

Running in 1080p does not necessarily mean its rendering in 1080p.

EvB

I'm in a guilty till proven innocent mode on anything related to microsoft nowadays. Until some game demonstration releases and pixel counters don't confirm 1080p, I won't consider it true (but I'm not one of those guys who'll go around saying "LOLz 720p" either).

Running in 1080p does not necessarily mean its rendering in 1080p.

Look at Alan Wake on Xbox, crazy low res frame buffer, but higher resolution post processing.

We will start seeing more and more dynamic resolution too

bennyc12

It's obviously on superior hardware, but I'm very curious how this will look compared to GT6. That is to ask, how much better can racing games really look?

Look at Alan Wake on Xbox, crazy low res frame buffer, but higher resolution post processing.

We will start seeing more and more dynamic resolution too

And I think Alan Wake is one of the better looking Xbox 360 games. People attempted to rip it to shreds in screenshots, but it did nothing to take away from a game that looked pretty damn great in action.

Basically, if that trailer was really in-engine stuff, while it may not say much about what it will look like during gameplay, it most likely means, at best, that's the level of detail we can expect at 1080p 30fps in replays, which is damn impressive if true. Still, if the game is 1080p 60fps and looks incredible during gameplay, then that's a very good sign coming from a launch title on a console whose power a lot of people seem to be doubting.

Can't wait to see real gameplay during E3, and see what else is being worked on. I hope Quantum Break has a truly incredible showing. I have a lot of high hopes for that game, and Rare better show something awesome (that isn't Killer Instinct).

as i said a month ago, im no racing fanatic but i dont know how next gen racing games can look better than GT5. I mean it looks soo good.

but then again as i said im no uber car lover like the rest of Gaf, heh.

It's not about the love for cars.

I mean, GT5 in motion is nowhere near what those same assets could look with better IQ, lighting, resolution, etc.

And some of those same assets are crap. Especially on older tracks.

The biggest issue for me though is IQ.

I'll wait for confirmations on the finalized hardware for the Xbone before getting excited.

In the end, it won't really matter, but what real games look and play like will. If people like what they see from a game, it doesn't matter what's under the hood. Might annoy people, but it's true.

i-Lo

If the rumours of downclock actually comes to pass (hope it doesn't) I wonder whether things will remain as they are forza 5 atm.

Montresor

Could a mod please edit the title and mention that 1080p native is unconfirmed?

Kidding.

Great news for XB1. Forza 5 looks awesome.

Seanspeed

Banned
It's obviously on superior hardware, but I'm very curious how this will look compared to GT6. That is to ask, how much better can racing games really look?
Even Forza 7 will likely have tons of room for improvement with extra power. Screenshots/photomode is getting pretty close to photorealistic, but the gameplay is a ways off.

GT6 is current-gen. It will only be a small incremental improvement over GT5, graphically. GT7 will probably be mind-numbingly good-looking, though, and will also have room for improvement.

FrankT

That's great, I hope everything this gen is 60/1080p

My thought:

So 1080p at 60fps for Forza setting the bar right out the gate. I'm thinking solid 1080p 30fps should be reasonable for most other titles which would be fine by me. We shall see. I expect some games under this of course.

My thought:

So 1080p at 60fps for Forza setting the bar right out the gate. I'm thinking solid 1080p 30fps should be reasonable for most other titles which would be fine by me. We shall see. I expect some games under this of course.

Yeah, 1080p should definitely be a goal for devs. However, people should keep their expectations in check. We will still get sub-1080p titles on both platforms. I do think 720p will be considered the min-bar though. I would be shocked if any game comes in under that.

trmas

Banned
I would think 1080p/60fps would need to be standard on all action games. Otherwise, they don't really look too much better than the current generation.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
good to hear 1080p and 60fps and that fm5 will continue to direction of previous forza games. but other then that, virtually nothing of note aside from a few new screens and the prague map.

p3tran

Banned
very good to see that turn 10 keeps delivering no matter what 8)

best thing xbone has going.

p.s.
also very interesting mention of "imperfection" as a nextgen addition. they mentioned the paint and the orange peel, but one's mind can wander at the possibilities... 8)

bottom line:
I think they still got their eyes fixed on the ball :)

velociraptor

1080p60fps?

Awesome. This gives me hope for this generation, especially after all the negativity regarding how these consoles are nothing but underpowered PCs.

FM5 looks stunning to say the least.

I'm sure 1st party studios are the last to know about these things, so probably not.

emoticon-0136-giggle.gif

op_ivy

I'm sure 1st party studios are the last to know about these things, so probably not.

notice they didnt mention anything about how many cars will be on the track at once. i think we can now confirm the 2 cars we saw in the trailer to represent an actual race. its WAS 8 cars, but then came word of the downgrade.

p3tran

Banned
notice they didnt mention anything about how many cars will be on the track at once. i think we can now confirm the 2 cars we saw in the trailer to represent an actual race. its WAS 8 cars, but then came word of the downgrade.

two cars was cg my friend! in-game only ghost available :p

skyfinch

With the major downgrades, I'm expecting no more than 1 car on screen at once.

op_ivy

With the major downgrades, I'm expecting no more than 1 car on screen at once.

even if you get the option to race with two, i'll stick to time trials alone so i dont get RROD on my launch unit xbone.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
I'm not a big racing fan but listening to them talk about how paint doesn't go on even and stuff I'm just thinking "who cares? really, who gives a shit about any of this?"

I bet you can still smash your way into first place on the first corner like every racing game.

Microsoft fucked up badly.

Seanspeed

Banned
It just gets worse and worse.

skyfinch

even if you get the option to race with two, i'll stick to time trials alone so i dont get RROD on my launch unit xbone.

Car two will be Cloud exclusive though, so if you're not connected, you're out of luck. Anyway, let's not argue over this anymore.

Top Bottom