• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5: Behind the scenes look (video) [Up: 1080p/60fps]

i-Lo

I expect it to look much better than FM4 and play the same or better. Not much I need to see really lol.

Well it should, regardless of the current rumour of GPU down clock. But more importantly, will it support the logitech wheels this time around is the real question.

Seanspeed

Banned
They do sound pretty confident that Forza 5 wont be just a rushed next-gen product like Forza 2 was, though. Its always impossible to know how much thats true and how much of that is PR, as goes with any developer hyping their game, but its still good to hear.

phunky420

Banned
Nice to see at least one negative rumor regarding the X1 debunked so fast.

Game looks lovely.

Exactly! That is why Gaf is soooo funny....I mean...the rumors/facts are flying around like mad. And then....a developer comes out and says, "Nope! You are wrong! 60 FPS, 1080p bitches!"

To be fair, I thought the same thing as well. I wasn't 'looking for it', but it seemed suspiciously worded enough that I was questioning the motive.

Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

Confirmation of the smooth frame rate will come as a great relief to series fans who have been left wondering since the game's announcement last month.

Official word came as the Microsoft Studios chief revealed there will be no minimum performance requirements (such as resolution or frame rate) set for games released on Xbox One.

"There were games that shipped on 360 that were less than 720p," said Spencer. "It's important we give creators the best tools to create the best experience possible and I don't think that platform holders can dictate what the internal frame buffer size should be.

"Forza 5 runs at 60 frames per second, but other people will make different trade-offs. I think it's important - maybe because I'm a studio guy - that you give freedom to the creator because today, through lighting techniques and post effects, resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty."

Spencer concluded: "Some of the most beautiful games of this generation are not dictated by how many pixels they're pushing to the screen. Motion blur, antialiasing, lighting: all of these things come into play. We just give developers the tools and let them make the right creative decisions."

At no point does he say anything about the resolution of Forza 5, if you want to do the mental gymnastics to get there ok, but the first couple of pages of that thread was embarrassing.

i-Lo

Exactly! That is why Gaf is soooo funny....I mean...the rumors/facts are flying around like mad. And then....a developer comes out and says, "Nope! You are wrong! 60 FPS, 1080p bitches!"

Enlighten me, when did the developer point to the current discussion and said, "Nope! You are wrong!"? And 1080p60fps have been done already this gen already. In fact, if developers wanted to, all games could have been native 1080p60fps this gen with the aid of certain sacrifices.

Minions

Time will only tell. We've heard similar claims from devs on both platforms in the past that have been changed before the games went gold. Like most of Microsoft they seem to be avoiding painting themselves into a corner, which is always a good decision. If it does end up being 1080p 60FPS that is great. It shows us that all the stuff leading up to this (on ps4 and nextbox) is not a big deal regarding PR. Many analysts said not to expect 1080p as a standard, or 60fps.

Why can't accept that even though PS4 has better hardware, Xbone might still have decent next-gen console hardware. It's almost like you guys want Xbone to have shitty hardware. Isn't it enough to rally around the real issues of DRM, used games, data mining and routine internet security checks?

Or do you think that if the Xbone games look too good, this issues you rally around will be swept under the rug for you, so you'd rather just see Xbone get beaten up from all sides?

The Sony bias is crazy in this thread. I don't own a 360, I own a PS3, Vita, and a gaming PC; but I'm psyched to hear about this. I love the forza games, I always play them on my friend's 360. I think they're far better than Gran Turismo, and are fun as hell. I'd be happy to see this thing succeed and be a fantastic game - but I'm still not going to buy an Xbone to try it.

i-Lo

Why can't accept that even though PS4 has better hardware, Xbone might still have decent next-gen console hardware. It's almost like you guys want Xbone to have shitty hardware. Isn't it enough to rally around the real issues of DRM, used games, data mining and routine internet security checks?

Or do you think that if the Xbone games look too good, this issues you rally around will be swept under the rug for you, so you'd rather just see Xbone get beaten up from all sides?

I think people would like to see proof of actual gameplay or even proper in-engine replay which generally boasts higher fidelity models than gameplay.

E3 will bring out what's what. And I do hope it does well.

And when all else fails they talk about power bricks and AA batteries, they are hoping something sticks to the wall...keep flinging that poo boys!

i-Lo

And when all else fails they talk about power bricks and AA batteries, they are hoping something sticks to the wall...keep flinging that poo boys!

Are you asserting that up until now other objective assessment of the specs (off topic) have not stuck because they're untrue?

I wish I knew about cars...

Engine
Chassis
Transmission
Drive-shaft
Suspension
Wheels
Tires
Body
Cockpit
Dashboard
Steering
Gear level/Paddle shifter
Accelerator
Brake
Clutch
Seat

Heretic

I'm definitely giving this game a go. I've always wanted to play this series but the micro-managing/car tuning put me off. I think it's time I learned...

so I guess the DC devs had it right all along?
@7:10
"A coat of paint never goes on perfectly even, even on a million dollar car. It's the slight imperfections you can see it in the reflection of the car"
ZgzsE0l.jpg

phunky420

Banned

Why are you in this thread? I don't care about your opinion on this thread. We are talking about this awesome racing game and what it is giving us. Go away.

phunky420

Banned
Where are all the Xbone lovers? Shouldn't they be the ones in this thread?

I have no console allegiance. I owned every single console last generation and in my opinion the xbox won. So...I am looking for the xbox to come out swinging again. Maybe it won't happen...time will tell.

Seanspeed

Banned
Two of those are tech demos. Burnout looks like its probably pre-baked as well, but with more effort put into the deformation. It looks fantastic. But a game like Forza has to overlay functional damage on top of the cosmetic. I imagine its a fair bit harder. Either way, pre-baked damage is still the standard. I know some people are trying hard to find something to criticize, but you can do better than that.

Interesting. Didn't know that.
The Forza series is super-accessible. There's not really any micromanagement necessary at all. You can spend as little or as much attention on a car as you want. And if you're not a great tuner(I'm certainly not), like has been mentioned, you can just buy one online. There's some freakishly talented people who put their setups online for purchase or for free. The level of difficulty is also extremely customizable, so in the end, there's never any excuse for a lack of success. The game can be as easy and simple or as hard and complex as you want it to be.

Top Bottom