• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

StudioTan

Hold on, friend! I'd love to share with you some swell news about the Windows 8 Metro UI! Wait, where are you going?
Really impressed by the alps track, I think it's a big step up from FM4 personally. Too bad the stream was ass.

SCHUEY F1

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the video is driving me insane.

edit: he still said 1080p and 60fps thank god :lol. And "hundreds" of cars at autovista detail sounds great to me. I also like the Top Gear intros in career mode.

eso76

and the video on demand is a recording of the stream, skipping in the exact same places as the live feed.

Helios ! do something !

Bobnob

Was there a glint of another unanounced track in one of the menu shots(event type) in one of the boxes it looks like positano by the sea wall but different.

Gestault

YES =)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YfEUVjGq80

But Youtube compression D=
They should upload it somewhere else, like gamershyde.

Yeah, great find and I just added your link to the OP, but as good as the video looks, even at 1080p the low bitrate on the video is problem. The overlapping mist at the dewpoints in the mountain-range looks great. About as much aliasing as would be expected, and some beautiful surfaces and trackside detail. The lighting is just gorgeous, especially for what looks like a morning race. I'm actually impressed we see as much difference as there is between this and the F4 version, which was already one of my favorite fantasy tracks in a racing game.

watership

Wtf is going on with Eurogamers stuff?

The YouTube stream is private and the site has this:
Due to technical issues, Phil Harrison's presentation and Dan Greenawalt's Forza Motorsport 5 session from the start of the show are not available. We're really sorry for any disappointment caused.

I'm guessing they fucked up the stream so bad, they just are never going to release it?

saladine1

The turbo noises in that Alps video are epic!

Indeed it is.

A couple of hints for next:

-"Son, you're looking at a legend"

-Down under, they would call this a "ute".

Pontiac Transam and this car?

vONFSC7.jpg

HSV Maloo R8 SV

This would be fantastic!

saladine1

Screens of a couple of cars from 20, in Home-space, is a tad boring.
I would like to see a few more cars, on the track if possible.
Better yet, some video would be nice. Even Forza-Vista video would do the trick.

Something with a little more flair is what I'm saying...

Mascot

Screens of a couple of cars from 20, in Home-space, is a tad boring.
I would like to see a few more cars, on the track if possible.
Better yet, some video would be nice. Even Forza-Vista video would do the trick.

Something with a little more flair is what I'm saying...

You'll get what you're fucking GIVEN son, and be happy about it.

shinnn

its up

http://www.forzamotorsport.net/en-US/news/Forza_Motorsport_5_Showroom

2012 Hyundai Veloster Turbo
2012 Vauxhall Astra VXR
1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
1991 GMC Syclone
1998 Ferrari #12 Risi Competizione F333 SP
2005 Dodge SRT4 ACR
2010 Mazda Mazdaspeed 3
2011 Peugeot 308 GTI
1970 Chevrolet El Camino SS 454
2003 BMW M5
1971 Lotus Elan Sprint
1993 McLaren F1
1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am
2003 Nissan Fairlady Z
1965 MINI Cooper S
2004 Subaru Impreza WRX STi
2003 Volkswagen Golf R32

1985 Ford RS200 Evolution
iAFQNRiEM489k.jpg

2013 Audi S4
iWVzT61cJLBve.jpg

G Rom

And the tale of abusive motion blur in official Forza screenshots continue...
I still don't understand this practice when you can have better result without resorting to it in the photo mode.

Anyway, nice to see the E39 still being there ! :)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
the lighting on the alps track looks great, as long as the car stays out of the shadows ;)

love the rs200. thats a terrible shot.

Turn10 showing they really don't have a clue how to do a good reveal :(

I hope this turns out to be a good game and I've no doubt it will be fun, I just for some reason fear the worst. Maybe it's something that will be considered a WIP on release and get patched to perfection? Similar to how GT5 was a mess to start with and ended up with various engine improvements and additional modes.

G Rom

Just noticed that they still use the American version of the cars as well. Just look at those headlights on the S4.

The original Mini is also back from Horizon.

jet1911

Eeeeeeh that Silverstone pic is pretty bad. Looks like there are some lights reflecting on the car when there's no "lights" in the sky. It looks a bit weird.

Mascot

the lighting on the alps track looks great, as long as the car stays out of the shadows ;)

Once again, a few moody rain clouds work their magic, just like Silverstone.

Remember the clear blue cloudless sky in the FM3 Nurb F1 DLC track? It was like they forgot to add the skybox. It looked ridiculous.

The skies in FM5 are all looking fantastic from what they've shown us so far.

op_ivy

Once again, a few moody rain clouds work their magic, just like Silverstone.

Remember the clear blue cloudless sky in the FM3 Nurb F1 DLC track? It was like they forgot to add the skybox. It looked ridiculous.

The skies in FM5 are all looking fantastic from what they've shown us so far.

i never minded the clear blue skies. it was the sky box seams that were truly bad.

op_ivy

cant wait till they confirm the stratos. surely it will be unveiled in positano!

gaming_noob

the driver model/helmet is finally not so much distracting

The helmet still looks "off"...it looks like it's badly modeled and/or textured. The sharper reflection of the windshield is drawing your attention away from it and makes the cars look much more realistic.

LeBoef

Turn10 showing they really don't have a clue how to do a good reveal :(

I hope this turns out to be a good game and I've no doubt it will be fun, I just for some reason fear the worst. Maybe it's something that will be considered a WIP on release and get patched to perfection? Similar to how GT5 was a mess to start with and ended up with various engine improvements and additional modes.

would be new behaviour for t10. if there is something i bet on, its a finished product.
for sure it will have bugs, but not missing features, broken physics or some other basic stuff.

shandy706

I'm liking the accurate lighting/shadows. Low detail/stair-stepped shadows suck.

z6xr.jpg

Notice how the lighting/reflection falls through that lower lip of the body work (and the corresponding shadow on the ground). Good stuff.

Top Bottom