• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

Because we haven't seen anything comparable since? Don't worry, the October floodgates are slowly opening. Prepare to be blown away.

I hope so. A lot of these screenshots have looked like Forza 4 at 1080p with some improved lighting. P1 shots/trailer looked like a whole different game.

non-premium cars confirmed:

9eb48616-e646-4b47-a985-ee331312c451.jpg

saladine1

I hope so. A lot of these screenshots have looked like Forza 4 at 1080p with some improved lighting. P1 shots/trailer looked like a whole different game.

Yeah, it seems that the E3 stuff was somewhat a "target showcase" or something which seems to have not been met..
It's quite a difference...

What do I know though..

Gestault

That Audi shot looks tasty. The RS200 though? I'm gonna have to veto that one. I love the car; don't like the photo. I'm really liking this car list so far. Good highlights from the respective generations.

Gestault

What are we looking at here?

Top is a real photo, I think from a Consumer Reports article, bottom is from the new screenshots. It was just to compare the modelling on the car. Sort of a half-response to the "standard cars confirmed" joke.

Showing these showroom images is very misleading to the consumer. Even I had thought the grafics of GT5 were outstanding, and turns out in-game its nothing like what we usually see.

Mascot

Top is a real photo, I think from a Consumer Reports article, bottom is from the new screenshots. It was just to compare the modelling on the car. Sort of a half-response to the "standard cars confirmed" joke.

Aha..!
I actually thought the upper photo was from GT6 or something. The Forza 5 pic looks better than real life.

shandy706

I think you missed the joke you were trying to make a comparison for.

I don't think he was saying there are standard models vs premium. He was taking a shot at the Audi not being a premium/top tier car....just a run of the mill vehicle.

I think that was the "joke".

Hawk269

Love the news about cars...but we need to here more about tracks in this game. We know there are going to be a lot of cars, but tracks and variations of tracks is of utmost importance.

Mascot

Obviously I meant the FM5 image looked better than the real-life image above it, but for the purposes of sensationalism can everyone please assume that I meant that Xbone graphics are not only indistinguishable from real life, they are actually BETTER.

MICROSOFT HAVE IMPROVED ON MOTHER NATURE AND ALL GODS.

Majanew

Banned
Why hasn't anything of late grabbed me in the same way as these P1 screens?

Because the graphics took a hit after E3, or the E3 stuff was not running on Xbox Ones. I'm very disappointed in FM5's graphics. But I guess with XB1 only being 6x more powerful than 360, running at 1080p is taking a lot of that extra horsepower away from doing other stuff.

G Rom

That track shot looks pretty bland.

It could be a desert all around for all I know, as long as the actual track itself is recreated perfectly. Same for the reflections, shadows and all in third-person view, as long as the cockpit view is great I won't care honestly.
I still can't believe I'll be able to play Spahurst in Forza in November ! Can't wait ! :)

I wonder if they'll reveal all the Ferrari at once, FM3 style, perhaps along Monza. At the moment, we have only 5 Ferrari announced with 2 already Autovista in FM4, so not much.

lil smoke

Banned
Glad to see some regular vehicles in there.

At one point there was a rumor that they were eliminating all the daily driver type cars.

Fuck that, I don't drive the super sports cars. I'll drive the shit out of a Chrysler 300.

otapnam

Lol. Cars in real life. Like they really exist.

Yes, I saw a SPACE ALIEN driving one in the magical land of the purple pixies.

Cars only exist in videogames.

"The Forza 5 pic looks better than real life."

you had to be kidding with that one man . Unless you were looking at the screenshot on some ancient tiny computer monitor

Mascot

"The Forza 5 pic looks better than real life."

you had to be kidding with that one man . Unless you were looking at the screenshot on some ancient tiny computer monitor

See above. I meant, to me, the FM5 image looks better than the real-life photo above it. Nothing more.

Nexus 4.

Top Bottom