• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza 5 Showroom | New cars and details for Forza 5, ongoing reveals

Wow. Embarrassing. Someone should point T10 to that other Bathurst thread so they can learn how to fucking reveal their stuff. You are terrible at this, T10. Terrible.

And I thought T10 PR was bad before, but they are reaching new levels with FM5. It's one of those things you just can't wrap your head around.

p3tran

Banned
As great as the static shots of Bathurst in Forza 5 look don't get too excited about comparing RR to FM5 as there is a long way to go in the development of RR including changing time of day (currently fixed) and other graphical additions yet to be seen by the public.

It seems there has been quite a rush to get Bathurst into sims recently which is great for the racing community.

I bought the track and like it.
I put up this video, because it's simbin 2013.
right now, from the 3 pics we have of forza bathurst, as I said, color palette seems in my eyes is better on forza.

also, if simbin goes to implement time of day like you say, before implementing the rest of the fucking game, I think I wont buy anything else until they get their priorities straight...

Wow. Embarrassing. Someone should point T10 to that other Bathurst thread so they can learn how to fucking reveal their stuff. You are terrible at this, T10. Terrible.
And I thought T10 PR was bad before, but they are reaching new levels with FM5. It's one of those things you just can't wrap your head around.
turn10 may be more busy trying to man up for nextgen day 1 delivery than polyphony though....

saladine1

I bought the track and like it.
I put up this video, because it's simbin 2013.
right now, from the 3 pics we have of forza bathurst, as I said, color palette seems in my eyes is better on forza.

also, if simbin goes to implement time of day like you say, before implementing the rest of the fucking game, I think I wont buy anything else until they get their priorities straight...

Yeah, I really like how FM5 Bathurst looks compared to other games. The warmth captured is typical of the Central Tablelands NSW.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
Yeah, you are both right. The trees don't belong in the scene.

It's the grass too.

Somewhat more bafflingly, this seems to be the look that T10 are aiming for, because it's been their modus operandi since the first Forza game. Flat lighting (especially on foliage) and unrealistic colours. It's a shame because it's really stymying the technical aspects of the game. Even static lighting can look great (see: Gears of War 3) if the art is there to back it up.

TJP

Ialso, if simbin goes to implement time of day like you say, before implementing the rest of the fucking game, I think I wont buy anything else until they get their priorities straight...
SimBin are a very small dev team with lots of different priorities from management requests to licence holder demands; the sim will remain in beta for a while yet but things are cooking nicely behind the scenes. As for the time of day changes - why do you think the car headlights are always on 8)

Anyway, back to discussing FM5 and more GSC 2013 for me.

p3tran

Banned
It's the grass too.

Somewhat more bafflingly, this seems to be the look that T10 are aiming for, because it's been their modus operandi since the first Forza game. Flat lighting (especially on foliage) and unrealistic colours. It's a shame because it's really stymying the technical aspects of the game. Even static lighting can look great (see: Gears of War 3) if the art is there to back it up.
well, the technical aspects of the game have nothing to do with our perception of what "good" colors are.

technical aspects are there, and from what we know they are damn fine.

1080p check
60hz check
v-sync check
new physics, better than forza 4 check
new sounds, better than forza 4 check
new system for ai check
new laser scanned tracks check

all the rest is just gravy. some sweet (or sour) gravy.
for now, and until things change in the future, best meat & potatoes dish is served by t10 for those interested.

Mascot

It's the grass too.

Yet Prague looked worlds away from this.

I can't believe that Prague received all the focus to get a good showing at E3 to the detriment of the other circuits, but so far Laguna and Bathurst (OK, from just three images) don't even look in the same generation.

Alps I thought looked pretty good (ignoring the aliased car).

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
well, the technical aspects of the game have nothing to do with our perception of what "good" colors are.

technical aspects are there, and from what we know they are damn fine.

1080p check
60hz check
v-sync check
new physics, better than forza 4 check
new sounds, better than forza 4 check
new system for ai check
new laser scanned tracks check

all the rest is just gravy. some sweet (or sour) gravy.
for now, and until things change in the future, best meat & potatoes dish is served by t10 for those interested.

I was referring to the technical aspects of the graphics rather than the gameplay. Obviously how the game looks has no effect on how it handles, etc.

Vorg

Banned

I can't believe that Prague received all the focus to get a good showing at E3 to the detriment of the other circuits, but so far Laguna and Bathurst (OK, from just three images) don't even look in the same generation.

With FM3 it was Camino Viejo and with FM4 Bernese Alps. They always pick a "crown jewel" track that seems to get a lot more attention than the others for some reason.

Mascot

With FM3 it was Camino Viejo and with FM4 Bernese Alps. They always pick a "crown jewel" track that seems to get a lot more attention than the others for some reason.

I know, but the gulf between them in FM5 seems very noticeable so far.

ibgcf3ElZx5KLi.gif
ibaHKp3rx5Y93o.gif
ibl3iYcdOhIRWx.gif

Why is this car driving backwards?

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
It looks like a really good current gen game, maybe with slightly better textures. I don't understand why anyone cares about this game, or Drive Club, graphically. They both look mediocre, IMO.

It looks like a really good current gen game, maybe with slightly better textures. I don't understand why anyone cares about this game, or Drive Club, graphically. They both look mediocre, IMO.

Both games are a step up from last generation. Having put many hours into many racers over last generation it's not even a question if they look better.

Racing circuits are pretty dull places on the whole. Great for gameplay, not great for showing off pretty graphics.

That's why each new Forza gets a fantasy track to show off the graphics - and this is heavily promoted.

LeBoef

this trend is not new, and it doesnt really matter. let people speak their minds.
speaking or bashing or even trolling wont deter the quality of the game for me to the slightest. I guess the same holds for you too, and some more :)

anyway,
here is simbin's latest effort for bathurst:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=6WInWv50-n0
what I really like (aside for the near identical representation of the track), is that the positions of the key roadside details are kept intact.
we will see to what extend this will hold for forza scanned tracks too.

its hard to compare fm to a pure racing sim. simbins main focus is on tracks and physics. just think about how much of a game forza is besides that.
and yes, we ll se how much effort they have put in to recreate the track and roadside.

anyway, the screens are amazing and i cant wait to play the game. maybe ill become a saladine like bathurst addict thanks to t10

edit
btw, the colours are great! love the grass

edit2
lol at the real world sun in that video. i dont get the hate around here

skyfinch

True, make no sense to have jaggy shadows if they are faked.

I have no idea what's going on.

I might be wrong but the shadows could be of more simplified geometry being casted over the track to simulate trees etc. Basically use simplified objects (which will not be rendered) to create simplified shadows to cut down on resources. I used to do this back when I played around with computer animation.

nib95

Banned
It's cool that F5's Bathurst seems to be an entirely different season to GT6's, so that should add a bit of variety between the two games. They look surprisingly different despite being the same track.

reported!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For being an awesome post?

I agree though that Turn10 have missed a trick in their reveals, they have been very clinical and rather drab. PD seem to have a knack of creating a buzz each time they release something. Why not show the track in a video, why use sterile screenshots?

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

I agree though that Turn10 have missed a trick in their reveals, they have been very clinical and rather drab. PD seem to have a knack of creating a buzz each time they release something. Why not show the track in a video, why use sterile screenshots?

It's the Turn10 way. They do it every single time.

Xanadu

Banned

its weird i remember doing something similar to you did during the forza 3 launch and got a barrage of hate, how times have changed!

PD releases their trailers in stunning style.

its weird i remember doing something similar to you did during the forza 3 launch and got a barrage of hate, how times have changed!

So because you got shit on you decide to do the same rather than actually seeing the funny side. Which no doubt YOU felt you was doing when you made your similar post?

saladine1

Need more footage Turn 10. I need it like a crack whore needs a fix.

Give us something outrageous. Something out of left field. Something that tantalizes the senses, specifically the auditory senses. Something completely different to what you are accustomed to.

Give me something you sons a beeches!!!!!!!!

Oh and Helios, if you get in touch with Brian, let him know that I'm bringing my Sennheisers with me to the Expo. I want to hear Forza without the bullshit on the show-floor...

Xanadu

Banned
So because you got shit on you decide to do the same rather than actually seeing the funny side. Which no doubt YOU felt you was doing when you made your similar post?

i didnt actually report you lol

Give us something outrageous. Something out of left field. Something that tantalizes the senses, specifically the auditory senses. Something completely different to what you are accustomed to.
917 on historic spa????????

i didnt actually report you lol

Damn you!

Back OT I want to see more of this game, as although I'm not getting the console I don't think we are seeing enough from next gen racers. Drive Club have been showing stuff, but only what seems to be time trials and no races. I want to see what these machines are going to be pushing and how the racing will look on them.

eso76

Yeah I meant if the shadows are just painted on the road it's strange some are so low quality.

yup, i've been saying this since Prague pics.
it's strange..

Unless they are not prebaked, but rather 'baked' by the xbone right before the race starts.
This would allow for variable time of day on every track, with tons of options (not just midday and dusk/dawn) little effort and matching shadows.

Doubt it, though, since we would have heard of it by now, or seen evidence of this in pics.

shandy706

those are real engine sounds playing, that's obvious.

Bypass-Vacuum-Cleaner-Motor-XWF95-.jpg

I am looking forward to seeing how Forza 5 sounds on my surround sound. Certain cars in 4 would literally rattle our windows when I cranked it. Soooo good....lol. I imagine 5 will have much improved roars/rumbles.

Top Bottom