• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 - Hotwheels Expansion

m23

This expansion reminds me of that cancelled Bizarre Creations game where the car was driving on the side of a building.

Theorry

Weeeee

arrlw8.gif

Gowans

I'm loving this expansion, over 60 medals now.

The HDR on the lights on my new tele wow!

Surprised there hasn't been much coverage or reviews?

Dehnus

Really? I actually am expecting them to do it for Horizon 3. You have Scorpio launching in the fall so this just makes sense to have an ultimate $60 package with both expansions on shelves with it
Considering how popular this is, they should think of a standalone version. Multiple environments, trackbuilder with sharable tracks.. I mean the possibilities are endless.

blakep267

Considering how popular this is, they should think of a standalone version. Multiple environments, trackbuilder with sharable tracks.. I mean the possibilities are endless.
While true that would take more resources and I don't playground is that big

so, sorry, is that a no or is that why it reminds them of it
That gif is from the cancelled Bizarre Creations game. There are a few moments in the Hot Wheels expansion like that so they were reminded of that game. Tracks bend, twist, curve much like how you might've built some as a kid, it's pretty awesome.

Manac0r

Got a little tipsy last night and decided to impulse buy this expansion, got to the store front and saw I had already purchased it. Apparently, a while ago I had got back from a night out decided to buy the Blizzard expansion, and instead got the season pass.

I was pleasantly surprised and a little concerned about drinking habits...

MilkyJoe

Got a little tipsy last night and decided to impulse buy this expansion, got to the store front and saw I had already purchased it. Apparently, a while ago I had got back from a night out decided to buy the Blizzard expansion, and instead got the season pass.

Div nae worry, my mate got shitfaced one night and a day or two later the entire catalog of Star Trek, on DVD, turned up at his house on...

Caayn

Don't drink, drive and loop-da-loop.

Anyone have tips on best cars per class for this expansion? This Rolls Royce Wraith seems good for A with a 8.4 speed but it gets wrecked on controlling landing and drifts and stuff.

B I can't seem to find a good car to first at all plz halp

Cyanity

Banned
Anyone have tips on best cars per class for this expansion? This Rolls Royce Wraith seems good for A with a 8.4 speed but it gets wrecked on controlling landing and drifts and stuff.

Rolls Royces have powerful engines, but they're incredibly heavy. That's probably your problem.

Caayn

I prefer the Jaguar F-Type R for the A class races.

guybrushfreeman

Unconfirmed Member
I have both expansions now and I'm just cruising through the base game to catch up. Is there a GAF club to join or anything? My friends list on Xbox is empty these days

Noobcraft

I have both expansions now and I'm just cruising through the base game to catch up. Is there a GAF club to join or anything? My friends list on Xbox is empty these days
There's an in-game club [GAF] and a ForzaGAF club through the dashboard clubs feature. There's also a Neogaf club.

Theorry

IGN review. 9/10

Back in 2011, pro racer, stunt driver, and X-Games gold medallist Tanner Foust successfully launched his Team Hot Wheels trophy truck further than any other four-wheeled vehicle in history. He did it from a giant jump assembled at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, built to appear like a life-sized length of bright orange Hot Wheels track. Forza Horizon 3: Hot Wheels is Foust’s enormous toy ramp surrounded by a city-sized network of equally insane stunt tracks: a bedroom floor on an unlimited budget. What’s not to love? A delightful, daring, and different expansion that reinforces Forza Horizon 3’s reputation as one of the best racing games ever made.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/05/12/forza-horizon-3-hot-wheels-review

Gestault

I was up until almost 4 am playing this. Such a great game.

Finding decently fast (at least 6+ in speed) all-wheel-drive cars with good handling (7ish+) has helped me, pretty much across the board. I recommend a few different variations on the Audi R8 while you're figuring it out. Caayn's recommendation of the Jaguar F-Type R for A class is solid, as well.

Bravoexo

Seems like a few new things are needed in this game.

1. NOS
2. Parachutes
3. Guns, rocket launchers and laserbeams
4. Seat ejection mode
5. Car jacking
6. Multi-Gpu support.

Ok, maybe just #6, now that Gears of War 4 has it.

I was under the influence of some really damn strong Mary Jane, at one point I thought I saw a giant dinosair on the track. I have never smiled do much before buzzing around the track.

shandy706

Downloading this now. Can't wait to play!!

My nine-year-old daughter has already asked me to let her play it and I haven't even tried it yet.

Is it just me or this this way harder than the base game?

Yes, in particular any track involving the Cobra Coil on Unbeatable will be a misery. You'll be ahead of the AI for 90% of the race, but due to the length of the coil, and the fact that the AI has the same grip as the non-Hot Wheels roads, they'll overtake you at almost twice the speed.

LQX

Playground is a independent studio right? I remember reading MS passed on their new game but man if their work on Horizon 3 is not a calling card for another publisher to scoop them up. MS better be careful not to loose these guys like they did Bizarre Creations, but I hope they stay independent to see if they can create a different game as spectacular as Horizon 3.

Top Bottom