• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

Im disappointed , with my gtx 1070 , a i7 4770K@4.2Ghz and 16 go of ram i have many drops in ultra/1440p...

I drop shadow in high but not change a lot...

Hawk269

Anyone else play horizon games with a controller in chase cam, but play forza with a wheel in cockpit cam?

It is the only way I can play Horizon games with. I think because it has more of an arcade type feel that causes me to use the chase cam. In Motorsport it is 1st person mode or cockpit, can't play Motorsport in chase cam mode at all, but perfectly fine for Horizon.

Outrun

Anyone else play horizon games with a controller in chase cam, but play forza with a wheel in cockpit cam?

I cannot play Horizon in first person.

I play motorsport in first person, apart from Indy X class (the asphalt the texture makes me sick.)

terrible

Banned
It's a good thing Microsoft didn't make it easy to upgrade from the standard edition to the Ultimate edition because I'm feeling particularly weak at the moment and I'd have caved in. Just 5 more days..

:)

Dominator

It's a good thing Microsoft didn't make it easy to upgrade from the standard edition to the Ultimate edition because I'm feeling particularly weak at the moment and I'd have caved in. Just 5 more days..

:)
Cancelled in chat support, got refunded immediately and then ordered Ultimate.

No regrets.

Hawk269

So whats the unlock time for us on the east coast?

12:01est or a few seconds after midnight. I am on the west coast, so 901pm for me tonight.

Got both versions downloaded. Will try it on the Xbox One S first since I have a HDR set and I want to test it with HDR on and off, then will see how my Titan X Pascal with a maxed overclock hitting about 2075 on the Core and my i7-3930k OC to 4.7 does in 4k Native.

wwm0nkey

Ultimate Edition is supposed to be playable right now right? If it's not can you change your region to make it playable?

That Ultimate Edition paid beta testing period seems to be going well...
Which is honestly why I don't see it as anti-consumer to offer up games a few days before normal release in some kind of premium package like Horizon's Ultimate Edition, especially for games with a heavy online component.

Jumping in as early as possible is a risk, and people that buy the standard editions benefit from some early quick-turnaround fixes or tweaks or some last minute additional server capacity, just as people who wait for further price drops can often get the benefit of further patches.

And the way Forza VIP stuff is structured, even if Playground somehow completely screws the pooch for early access buyers, they have a mechanism in place to give those players gifts like cars and cash and the like in compensation.

I have nothing and I'm not very happy about it either. I paid £79.99 for this and its not giving me VIP bonus or access to any DLC cars. It's asking me to buy again as if I only own the standard edition.

Was just going to ask the same thing. No vip, no car pass, no car pack on pc. All of them installed and work fine on xbox though.

Shame. They screwed the pooch with this for FH2 too.

etta

my hard graphic balls
So... how is it, men?
Is it good? Great? Fantastic? Perfect?? ORGASMICALLY INCREDIBLE?!?

witness

Fully downloaded and ready to go for tomorrow morning. Only weird thing is that the warthog and all star pack are not listed as installed with the pass and VIP pack, but it does show that I own them.

Waking up early to play before work, could not be more excited.

tbh even after buying all kinds of car packs for the first two i have no idea how the car packs work. do they just show up in your garage? do you have up buy them with CR still?

dLMN8R

The Turn10 team posted an update for people having trouble with their downloads. While it's not the prettiest thing, it may help some of you get unstuck.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ssue----Possible-workarounds.aspx#post_557536

Hi folks,

Multiple players have reported an issue where downloads of Forza Horizon 3 on Windows 10 continually restart, and are not yet completed. For these users, we have received two workarounds that may possibly address the issue:

1) Installing the game to a non-system drive
2) Or wait until the game is fully released in your region, cancel the download, then restart the download.

We will continue to investigate this issue and will update the community with new information when it is available.

Thanks,
Brian

leng jai

Which is honestly why I don't see it as anti-consumer to offer up games a few days before normal release in some kind of premium package like Horizon's Ultimate Edition, especially for games with a heavy online component.

Jumping in as early as possible is a risk, and people that buy the standard editions benefit from some early quick-turnaround fixes or tweaks or some last minute additional server capacity, just as people who wait for further price drops can often get the benefit of further patches.

And the way Forza VIP stuff is structured, even if Playground somehow completely screws the pooch for early access buyers, they have a mechanism in place to give those players gifts like cars and cash and the like in compensation.

Early access on PC is pretty risky especially when you're essentially going in blind. It literally is like a semi beta test on PC. I'd be much more inclined to do it for the console version.

The Turn10 team posted an update for people having trouble with their downloads. While it's not the prettiest thing, it may help some of you get unstuck.

http://forums.forzamotorsport.net/t...ssue----Possible-workarounds.aspx#post_557536

Hopefully they provide a real fix because those "fixes" are dreadful. Non-OS drive sucks if you want it on your SSD, and waiting until after release is ridiculous for people with dodgy internet, and even then there's no guarantee it would actually work.

dLMN8R

Early access on PC is pretty risky especially when you're essentially going in blind. It literally is like a semi beta test on PC. I'd be much more inclined to do it for the console version.

Hopefully they provide a real fix because those "fixes" are dreadful. Non-OS drive sucks if you want it on your SSD, and waiting until after release is ridiculous for people with dodgy internet, and even then there's no guarantee it would actually work.

Yep, everyone knows how severe an issue this is and have been spending all day trying to figure out why it's happening and then fix it. This clearly is something new for some reason - something which didn't happen with ReCore, Halo 5: Forge, or any other games.

But anyway, all that said, you can download to a non-system drive, and then move the game to your system drive once it's done downloading. You can do this in the Storage section of Settings.

Since getting that 750 mill credit bonus I haven't seen any nearly as huge since. Best I got since then was 75,000 and on my last level up I only got 5k

Im disappointed , with my gtx 1070 , a i7 4770K@4.2Ghz and 16 go of ram i have many drops in ultra/1440p...

I drop shadow in high but not change a lot...

I have a very similar setup (1070 and a 6700k), for me the game performs best with everything ultra, downsampled from 2880x1620, FXAA ON, MSSA at 2x, framerate smoothing on, vsync off. But framerate locked at 48 fps. Locking at 48 fps seems to make everything run super smooth with no drops. Game looks and runs amazing. With unlocked / variable frame rate, or even locking at 72 I get a bunch of stutter and frame drops. 48 feels great.

Two hours to go. TWO HOURS.

giphy.gif

Strider

Has there been a patch? This happened about 10 hours ago now

they patched the fix for the 999,999,999 bug...

750k doesnt sound like a bug tho and is probably just really rare.

Edit: oh wait i misread that u said 750 mill. Yea the outrageously high numbers were patched server side.

Megasoum

Banned
I'm talking to Microsoft to cancel my order and she's informing me that I can only do that once every calendar year.

Not that I really care (especially since we're so close to the end of the year) but I thougth that this policy did not apply on pre-order cancelations...

anyway

willbsn13

Driving no hud, a night time, through the rainforest, with heavy rain on in a street race is incredible...PG have outdone themselves.

terrible

Banned
Cancelled in chat support, got refunded immediately and then ordered Ultimate.

No regrets.

That does sound fairly easy but I must be strong.

gghB9pn.png

Plus I need to sort this out and I guess a few extra days will allow me to do that. So close to the next rewards tier.

Playing the game on pc, no complaints except for no ultimate edition addons available yet. I was supposed to be able to play at 9pm where I'm at but the game unlocked at like 5 for some reason. Hoping everything else unlocks in a couple hours.

Megasoum

Banned
Well this is bullshit... Microsoft is unable to cancel my pre-order right now so I have to wait 24 hours for them to fix their system.... Ugh

taoofjord

I'm testing hdr with this game versus the demo and I must say that I'm really disappointed.

No hdr mode looks way better to me in this game.

The same cannot be said about movies.

Did you adjust the second, HDR-specific, brightness level in the game's settings?

Oh boy is this game good. The ability to spam my La Cucaracha horn and make a dope posse has already become one of my favourite parts of the game.

Top Bottom