• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Horizon 3 |OT| uozoH zo

I learned my lesson. Best Buy shipped my copy by mail, and it won't be here until Saturday even though I preordered it a while ago. Anytime there is an early access I'm going digital from now on. Kind of defeats the purpose if I can't play tonight or even tomorrow. Should have had the physical copy in my hand today or a code or something.. Oh well worse things have happened I guess.

DirtyLarry

So glad I am one of the idiots that got the Ultimate Edition (not my words, someone elses).

My wife has to take an extremely important yearly insurance license exam on Monday that is required for her job. Failure is not really an option so she needs to do some serious studying. Besides dinner on Saturday night with her family as her cousins are in from Spain, I have already been told the rest of the weekend is mine to do what I wish.

What I wish is playing Forza Horizon 3 for most of that time.

I have also strategically chosen tomorrow as my work from home day.
As a result I just spent the past 3 or so hours working on the actual work I had to get done tomorrow tonight.
So my work laptop will be set up right in front of me the entire day tomorrow so I am available if needed.

I already got my Logitech wheel (complete with fancy third party stand) out of the basement and in my office.

Heading to sleep now.
I have to say, I have not been this excited for a game this entire year. Especially since I have not played a Forza game with a wheel since the 360.

Ryhian

Can't wait for my UE copy to arrive in the AM! Watching streams to tide me over until then.

Probably the wrong thread, but anyone have an extra Warthog code by chance? :)

I'm talking to Microsoft to cancel my order and she's informing me that I can only do that once every calendar year.

Not that I really care (especially since we're so close to the end of the year) but I thougth that this policy did not apply on pre-order cancelations...

anyway

It doesn't. You should call back, if the rep doesn't know ask to speak to a manager. Preorders absolutely do not count against your account in any way. I've had the exact same issue in the pass. The manager informed the employee and it was all good.

Megasoum

Banned
It doesn't. You should call back, if the rep doesn't know ask to speak to a manager. Preorders absolutely do not count against your account in any way. I've had the exact same issue in the pass. The manager informed the employee and it was all good.

I ended up talking to a supervisor and I have to wait 24h for them to process the cancelation... Some kind of system problem or whatever.

Anyway... Not the end of the world, I won't have time to play before tomorrow night anyway.

Ultimate Edition worth it? Forgetting about the early access stuff or whatever.

If you love car variety and play a LOT, then yes. You get a ton of extra cars, many (all?) are DLC only so buying the car packs individually for $ or the ultimate edition is the only way to get them. UE also includes the VIP pass which gives you more events and bonuses for every race and stuff, while you don't "need" any of it to progress in the game it just makes things faster.

I've bought UE for F6 and normal for FH2, FH, and F5 and honestly its not that different, except ultimate just gives you a bigger set of cars to choose from for each class of car racing.

For new forza players, ultimate edition does NOT include content DLCs, which must be bought seperately. There were two each for FH2 and F6 I believe, one thats a pretty big meaty chunk and one thats mostly just tracks and cars. The Storm Island xpac for FH2 for example was $24.99 and a completely seperate area with tons of new cars, tracks, races, etc - a good 20-30 hours, at least.

Hawk269

Sorry for asking but I just want to make 100% sure. If I buy this digital on XB1 I get the PC version as well?

Yup. Once you buy it, go to your PC and go to your Windows Games and it will show up. All you need to do is download it and your done. Pretty nifty!

DirtyLarry

I'm jealous. Fucked up on this one myself by picking Wednesday.

*shakes fist at uncaring sky*
Damn. That is unfortunate.

Speaking of unfortunate, I am not sure if my Logitech Wheel is going to work.

It is a Logitech Driving Force GT. A bit older but still does the job.

When I hooked it up just now, Windows took awhile but eventually installed a driver. It looks like it thinks it is a Thrustmaster T80.

When I Googled it, I found this Logitech page about needing the older version of Logitech Gaming Software (5.10) for the wheel. Okay, followed the instructions and uninstalled the current version (needed for my mouse and keyboard), installed the older version then the newer one, and still no luck. Older version of LGS not detecting it.
Which led me to Google again and then I found this page about some Wheel Driver Uninstaller.

So it looks like I have a couple of options...
  • Wait until tomorrow and see if it works with the T80 drivers Windows Installed.
  • Remove the device listed as Thrustmaster T80 from my devices and see if the LGS then sees it.
  • Give up and accept my wheel is older and not supported.
So does anyone have any experience with getting these older Logitech Wheels to work with Windows 10 and if not, what would you do?

Any advice is appreciated as I was really looking forward to playing with a wheel. So much so I may pick up a newer one if necessary.

robotrock

Banned
If you love car variety and play a LOT, then yes. You get a ton of extra cars, many (all?) are DLC only so buying the car packs individually for $ or the ultimate edition is the only way to get them. UE also includes the VIP pass which gives you more events and bonuses for every race and stuff, while you don't "need" any of it to progress in the game it just makes things faster.

I've bought UE for F6 and normal for FH2, FH, and F5 and honestly its not that different, except ultimate just gives you a bigger set of cars to choose from for each class of car racing.

For new forza players, ultimate edition does NOT include content DLCs, which must be bought seperately. There were two each for FH2 and F6 I believe, one thats a pretty big meaty chunk and one thats mostly just tracks and cars. The Storm Island xpac for FH2 for example was $24.99 and a completely seperate area with tons of new cars, tracks, races, etc - a good 20-30 hours, at least.

Thanks! Splurged on the UE.

Strider

Clicking on all the PC streams i see on twitch and it looks sooooooo good

less than 10 minutes :D
assuming unlock problems are fixed and that goes ok

Rocketz

Key word here being launch
Didn't Forza 6 get microtransactions patched in like a month after it released?

All the Forza games on the Xbox One have added them at some point I believe. Example

I've never even felt the need and they can be hidden in older titles. I started up FH2 the other day and I have 6.5 million credits on my account. My drivatar have been earning them for months without me even playing. My one payout was 100k from him.

Rocketz

I+love+guinea+pigs+_e283bccc6458532a2626eef0393d6d4f.gif

GHG

Just woke up and it's unlocked for me now but...

I'm going to spend the day at the beach and fm with the wife. Could be worse I guess. Will play when I get back home this evening :) .

blado

I bought the ultimate edition on Newegg and I don't even have the option to download still. Not sure what to do.

Rip

Sorry if this has been answered before, but to receive the pc version for free I need to purchase the digital version on the xbox one? Physical copies do not work correct?

Bsigg12

Sorry if this has been answered before, but to receive the pc version for free I need to purchase the digital version on the xbox one? Physical copies do not work correct?

Yes. Play Anywhere is only for digital purchases.

Top Bottom