• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 2 Screenshots... yes, they're REAL

Angelcurio

Bud said:
pd are the king of racing simulation games. their games must look jawdropping. forza2 doesn't look jawdropping. therefore, if forza2 was gt5 it would get even more bad reactions.

fact
Fixed :D

<nu>faust

gaf drama club presents a timeless classic

1552094138.jpg

m0dus said:
My obvious sarcasm aside, I was referring to the reception that one of the developers would get if they chanced to venture into this forum. That being said, If this WAS GT, people would be singing alot more praises and exercising alot more patience. Oh yes, there would be fanboys--but the vast majority would be pushing for people to 'wait until TGS' or the like.

I'd say people would be a bit worried about them rather than giving them a chance. When they say they have a new game in the series comign you know to expect something amazing looking right from the start. This is why I don't mind them holding off showing GT5, if its not in a state they're happy with then don't show it. When its ready its ready.

Teknopathetic said:
"pd are the king of racing simulation games."

That's not fixed at all.
"forza is the king of console racing simulation games" How about that? :lol

I'm kidding, I actually think Forza and GT4 were both great and had different strengths and weaknesses, unlike many I don't see why one has to be anointed supreme king and commander at the expense of the other.

Dunpeal

Banned
chespace said:
How is this guy not banned yet?

Anyhow, this is the first look at the game. More screenshots will come with more car variety, more tracks... and more importantly, hands-on impressions, etc. I dunno, there's plenty of potential for this game not to suck, especially based on 5 screenshots. :p

So this is it? Thats the level of graphics we can expect?

""forza is the king of console racing simulation games" How about that?"

Well, at least you added "Console." After that, I'd actually put Richard Burns Rally over both Forza and GT, but kiddies love their decals and wings.

Kangu

Banned
m0dus said:
Or how about the one in GT4 where the viper slams into the wall going 150 MPH, and bounces off? :)

As much as I'd like to put up right now, I have to go to work. However, time permitting, I'd try and capture that Forza vid for you myself. till then.

Looks like you're working overtime already in this thread.

Anyway I think the Forza team is extremely talented, so if this is the kind of compromise they had to make to get 60fps then it might be time to lower next gen expectations once again. Looks like these multicore procesors are built for 30.

The king of racing simulation is GTR 2, stop.

Anyway, forza was really fun to play and i think forza 2 will be fun too.

Add the new features to be implemented yet and it will probably be one of the best racing game ever.

DSN2K

If you remember Che's comments on why GT5 wasn't coming anytime soon it makes perfect sense why this looks the way it does.

"hold up now, Papyrus is the king of simulations, this isn't even disputable!"

I dunno, currently the crown is being tugged between GTR and rFactor. rFactor just needs a handful more quality mods, though.

Ajax

Banned
chespace said:

If it was just one post I'd have no problem but his post history says it all and he probably won't last long here. 90% of his posts are pure 360 trolling and his catchphrases are ****ing stupid.

DenogginizerOS

BenjaminBirdie's Thomas Jefferson
If Forza 2 came out today and was mindblowingly good, would these screenshots even matter? Of course not. So, if Forza 2 comes out in early 2007 and looks mindblowingly good, these screenshots won't matter either. Because some of you want instant gratification is not reason enought for Che or anybody on the Forza 2 team to provide screenshots or videos of something they are not ready to show. And for those of you who just want to troll Forza 2 because of these screenshots, I would like to remind you that screenshots do not a final game represent, but a troll by any other name is still a troll.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
che,

If this is how the graphics will look, then just that people have their opinions, many of which are "it looks bad".

If it will look better (you keep saying we haven't switched this on, that on etc), then why are you concerned about what people are saying?

You can't expect us to hold our opinions based on what it might look like in the future. Sporsk said it beautifully on the last page.

lovely sporsk said:
And yeah, it's okay to tell people you think these screens are shit (i dont give a shit about the game so really they look normal to me) because guess what, thats what those screens are made for. They aren't there to say "hey guys this game exists, don't judge me though!" they are there to say "this is what the game looks like right now, what do you think?" It's totally fair to say NOW you think this doesnt live up to your standards. Of course you might change your mind later down the road, but hey, things change

We can only judge based on what is in front of us.

And judging graphics doesn't mean we're judging the gamplay. Its no crime to want a game to play good *and* look good.

Majmun

DenogginizerOS said:
If Forza 2 came out today and was mindblowingly good, would these screenshots even matter? Of course not. So, if Forza 2 comes out in early 2007 and looks mindblowingly good, these screenshots won't matter either. Because some of you want instant gratification is not reason enought for Che or anybody on the Forza 2 team to provide screenshots or videos of something they are not ready to show. And for those of you who just want to troll Forza 2 because of these screenshots, I would like to remind you that screenshots do not a final game represent, but a troll by any other name is still a troll.

First impressions are still very important.

Not that I think Forza 2 looks bad, because it certainly doesn't.

It's just that the first bunch of footage can make or ruin the hype.

chespace

It's not actually trolling if you don't admit it
mrklaw said:
che,

If this is how the graphics will look, then just that people have their opinions, many of which are "it looks bad".

If it will look better (you keep saying we haven't switched this on, that on etc), then why are you concerned about what people are saying?

You can't expect us to hold our opinions based on what it might look like in the future. Sporsk said it beautifully on the last page.

We can only judge based on what is in front of us.

And judging graphics doesn't mean we're judging the gamplay. Its no crime to want a game to play good *and* look good.

I'm not saying you can't judge this batch of screens or shouldn't -- all I'm saying is that if you do so, there some things you should keep in mind, that's all. Bottomline is that these screens were put out there to give folks a look at the game in one of its recent incarnations. So yeah, folks have every right to judge.

Which is also why I've kind of just given up trying to respond directly to stuff until we have more to show and more to reveal.

DenogginizerOS

Second said:
First impressions are still very important.

Not that I think Forza 2 looks bad, because it certainly doesn't.

It's just that the first bunch of footage can make or ruin the hype.

I would agree with you on the first impressions point, but these screenshots were not leaked to GAF by the Forza 2 team and do not represent what they wanted to make their first impressions with.

Majmun

DenogginizerOS said:
I would agree with you on the first impressions point, but these screenshots were not leaked to GAF by the Forza 2 team and do not represent what they wanted to make their first impressions with.

This reminds me of the first "leaked" DOA4 footage. Everyone was underwhelmed by it and thought it was fake or an early build. The final game turned out to look the same.

Even the first footage of PDZ breaked the hype instantly. The final game looked better. But people just kept thinking/trolling about the first footage. It really ruined that game's hype.

Forza 2 will look better, I'm so sure about that. But until better footage arrives, people will stare at these underhwelming shots and come to conclusions already...

Gek54

chespace said:

Anyhow, this is the first look at the game. More screenshots will come with more car variety, more tracks... and more importantly, hands-on impressions, etc. I dunno, there's plenty of potential for this game not to suck, especially based on 5 screenshots. :p

checryy.gif

Potential? Holy shit, here we go again. Where have I heard that before? Oh right, from Sony. CG trailers, downgraded pics, over priced hardward(wheel) and now mother fuking 'potential'. Reaks of Sony.

If it wasnt for that one non blurred hood view shot I would kill myself now.

DSN2K

if this game came out next week looking like that and locked at 60fps you know I would buy it and likely enjoy it...would I be underwhelmed with the visuals ? maybe but I would be playing it next week and not in 2008 and I consider that a plus.

Zaptruder

Banned
chespace said:
I'm not saying you can't judge this batch of screens or shouldn't -- all I'm saying is that if you do so, there some things you should keep in mind, that's all. Bottomline is that these screens were put out there to give folks a look at the game in one of its recent incarnations. So yeah, folks have every right to judge.

Which is also why I've kind of just given up trying to respond directly to stuff until we have more to show and more to reveal.

Talked to logitech about full G25 support yet? No? Get to it and stop posting on stupid messageboards on the internet until you have! :p

Graphic Whores - STFU. If you were making a 60FPS racer and you released screens of it mid-way through development, I think I'd say you suck at programming AND your game has bad ART.

Xbots - Not to worry, this game isn't done yet and more to be revealed at X06

SonyBoi's - So... now that you know these are real you want GT4:HD to be released as a "game" for the PS3? :lol

I am confident the game will look great. I bet we are going to see that our impression of Forza 2 will surpass that of Forza when it came out. Even from a graphical standpoint. The shots that are released suck monkeyballs though.

Piper Az

Gek54 said:
checryy.gif

Potential? Holy shit, here we go again. Where have I heard that before? Oh right, from Sony. CG trailers, downgraded pics, over priced hardward(wheel) and now mother fuking 'potential'. Reaks of Sony.

well, i guess you won't be purchasing Forza 2 then. sorry to hear that. time to change your avatar.

Gek54 said:

Potential wasted.

Considering the vast number of games that seem to improve in a mere few months of extra development, on both PS3 and 360, I think the "potential" point is valid, especially given tangible evidence of that potential.

Kangu

Banned
VictimOfGrief said:
Graphic Whores - STFU. If you were making a 60FPS racer and you released screens of it mid-way through development, I think I'd say you suck at programming AND your game has bad ART.

Xbots - Not to worry, this game isn't done yet and more to be revealed at X06

SonyBoi's - So... now that you know these are real you want GT4:HD to be released as a "game" for the PS3? :lol

wow. this post is so bad i don't know where to begin.

pr0cs

life as a developer:

gamer: where are the screenshots!?!?!

developer: the game is too early in development sorry

gamer: the game is delayed, developer is having problems releasing game on time, game will suck, game is too far behind to hit launch window, doom, gloom

developer: we'll be releasing shots next week

gamer: game will be released next week, full screenshots, movies, gameplay video, game will own all, will make roastbeef sandwiches for me and cure cancer

developer: these are the first ingame shots of the game we're still developing, we still have probably 5 months more work yet to polish the game so take that with a grain of salt

gamer: the game sucks, I hate it, it looks worse than games 5 years older than itself, the developers are incompetant, the developers should be sacked all their houses burned to the ground and their families drawn and quartered.

DenogginizerOS

Gek54 said:
checryy.gif

Tasteless and uncalled for.

Zaptruder

Banned
pr0cs said:
life as a developer:

gamer: the game is delayed, developer is having problems releasing game on time, game will suck, game is too far behind to hit launch window, doom, gloom

gamer: game will be released next week, full screenshots, movies, gameplay video, game will own all, will make roastbeef sandwiches for me and cure cancer

developer: these are the first ingame shots of the game we're still developing, we still have probably 5 months more work yet to polish the game so take that with a grain of salt

gamer: the game sucks, I hate it, it looks worse than games 5 years older than itself, the developers are incompetant, the developers should be sacked all their houses burned to the ground and their families drawn and quartered.

review concept: B, execution: C-

Gek54 said:

How about you just pretend that hood picture doesn't exist?

Prine

Banned
pr0cs said:
life as a developer:

:lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Gek, how did you like Forza 1?
I know you're a bit of a racing game nut - I'm just wondering what you're hoping for from the sequel (ignoring the graphics for now).

Top Bottom