• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 5 announced

p3tran

Banned
The 'Ring decisions were from an old era which survived far too long for obvious reasons.

The city received the standard beauty corrections for city environments in a racing game. Removing some race flow hindering bits like poles, pavements, ..., nothing serious.

...as long as its not the same person taking decisions now about "enhancing" stuff for gameplay that was taking decisions back then, when it was decided to enlarge the ring by 10% :D

by the way, can you tell now what you meant by that mysterious "The wind blows with 120 km/h! "?

derFeef

Gamespot prepping for some Forza 5?

yIPwO9x.png

FordGTGuy

Banned
The 'Ring decisions were from an old era which survived far too long for obvious reasons.

BADNED that wording makes it sound like it stopped surviving. :p

I'm hoping now that we have Forza Horizon that Motorsport can try to focus on being more realistic.

Mascot

BADNET is most definitely not a troll but he does have fun with people.

I love his cryptic clues (TAKE NOTE HELIOS) but there's often not much of a payoff. It'd be nice if every one of them from the past six years was listed along with an official explanation from BADNET as to what they meant.

At the moment it's kind of like sitting through six seasons of Lost and then missing the final episode. Actually, that would probably be a good thing.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Shut up, I'm trying to get him to respond!

BADNED responds only when he wants to.

I love his cryptic clues (TAKE NOTE HELIOS) but there's often not much of a payoff. It'd be nice if every one of them from the past six years was listed along with an official explanation from BADNET as to what they meant.

At the moment it's kind of like sitting through six seasons of Lost and then missing the final episode. Actually, that would probably be a good thing.

Giant Island Butt Plug... greatest minds of hollywood came up with that...

Mascot

Mad Catz to make officially licensed Xbone products

Fuckitty fuck-shit turd-ass fuckpipes.

I'll bet my ass that Mad Catz reveal some shitty clutchless plastic abortion of an flimsy-ass FM5 racing wheel at E3, hammering the final nail into the Fanatec compatibility coffin in the process. Fuck, I can picture it now. It'll be made from recycled incontinence pants and break in two if you even breathe on the fucker.

Edit: wow, my language really suffers after a couple of Glenmorangies. Apologies all round.

FordGTGuy

Banned

I'll bet my ass that Mad Catz reveal some shitty clutchless plastic abortion of an flimsy-ass FM5 racing wheel at E3, hammering the final nail into the Fanatec compatibility coffin in the process. Fuck, I can picture it now. It'll be made from recycled incontinence pants and break in two if you even breathe on the fucker.

Edit: wow, my language really suffers after a couple of Glenmorangies. Apologies all round.

Nothing says they have a exclusive to make Xbox One peripherals, also we still have no word from Turn 10 that old Fanatec wheels won't work.

Mascot

Nothing says they have a exclusive to make Xbox One peripherals, also we still have no word from Turn 10 that old Fanatec wheels won't work.

I admire your optimism, GT. I just wish I could share it.

Bah, maybe I'm just in a bad mood. Spent all afternoon changing energy suppliers and insuring my car. So in other words I've spent half the day dealing with charlatans and snake-oil salesmen.

FordGTGuy

Banned

Bah, maybe I'm just in a bad mood. Spent all afternoon changing energy suppliers and insuring my car. So in other words I've spent half the day dealing with charlatans and snake-oil salesmen.

Holy crap dude you should treat yourself after a day like that.

In the link there is a video where they mention that Phil Spencer says that the Forza 5 video is a month old.

HokieJoe

Absolutely. That's something I've been harping about for years. It's a key component of action movies and games should be no different.

Not sure exactly how it works, but there's a pretty big jump in quality from DVD audio to BluRay audio(one of the more impressive things for me about BluRay), so I'm guessing something along those lines.

Megasoum

Banned

LOL....from Fanatec to Mad Catz

HokieJoe

Yeah, I was never a big NYC fan. I much preferred Tokyo honestly. Chicago (PGR2 style) would be even better.

I always wanted New York out. I HATED that circuit in every fashion. I couldn't have cared less about the low resolution/5fps billboards and everything else....the layout was boring and just god-awful. DO NOT WANT

Shaneus

Doesn't necessarily mean they're the only ones, does it?

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess

Madcatz and Turtle Beach as "official" partners...

Both famed for their build quality.

Am cry :'(

Surely you don't live in America. We only have 1 provider for everything in our location.
Move to a place? Only 1 cable provider, 1 land line phone provider, 1 satellite provider, 1 energy provider, 1 gas provider... etc.

Anyway, that's off topic.

FordGTGuy

Banned
Surely you don't live in America. We only have 1 provider for everything in our location.
Move to a place? Only 1 cable provider, 1 land line phone provider, 1 satellite provider, 1 energy provider, 1 gas provider... etc.

Anyway, that's off topic.

Really depends on where you live.

GAF has been pretty bad lately. Good thing you got to unwind and pay some bills in the other half.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly

Their force feedback wheel looked pretty cool.

41oSVwEf8qL.jpg

I can't remember if I said this or not..

Anyways, watching the Xbox One premiere I found this game graphically underwhelming. It just didn't wow me for whatever reason.. I suppose Im not a big racing game guy, but have always found them visually outstanding, and was expecting something unrealistic.

That said..I was bored, and downloaded the HD trailer.. Um wow. Pretty damn good looking. Not sure why it didn't click the first time I watched, haha.

I can't remember if I said this or not..

Anyways, watching the Xbox One premiere I found this game graphically underwhelming. It just didn't wow me for whatever reason.. I suppose Im not a big racing game guy, but have always found them visually outstanding, and was expecting something unrealistic.

That said..I was bored, and downloaded the HD trailer.. Um wow. Pretty damn good looking. Not sure why it didn't click the first time I watched, haha.

I thought the trailer looked really good. Can't wait to see them demo it on stage at E3.

Anyone else on this thread aiming to 100% complete Forza 4 before 5 comes out? I'm guessing most of the diehards here did that ages ago.

But man, what a grind that event list is!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

Believe it or not, MadCatz has done a complete 180 from what they used to be. I just don't think they're interested in the racing wheel space ATM, especially this early in the generation.

SatansReverence

Hipster Princess
Anyone else on this thread aiming to 100% complete Forza 4 before 5 comes out? I'm guessing most of the diehards here did that ages ago.

But man, what a grind that event list is!

Whenever I try to go through some events, I immediately lose the will to do it when it feels like I spend more time loading races than actually racing.

Mascot

Whenever I try to go through some events, I immediately lose the will to do it when it feels like I spend more time loading races than actually racing.

Yeah, I was intent on finishing up the career grid and was so very close until my save was wiped. Finishing was more a matter of principle than anything else as I'd got 100% achievements on FM2 and 99% on FM3 (still got that pesky drift cheeve to do one of these days) but it did involve grinding through a lot of events that I didn't enjoy, which really goes against the whole point of playing a video game in the first place. But once you get so far it's hard not to turn it into an obsession.

It wasn't cheap either, cost over twice what the MS wireless FFB wheel did iirc.

As it happens I bought a new wheel for every FM on 360 and I'm not doing it again, knowing how well it plays compared to a pad is kind of sickening and if there's no cheap solution to I'd rather not play than be stuck without a wheel.

Believe it or not, MadCatz has done a complete 180 from what they used to be. I just don't think they're interested in the racing wheel space ATM, especially this early in the generation.

Yeah, everybody loves MadCatz these days. Shows how making good products can speak for itself in terms of public perception. Their Street Fighter stuff was awesome - I bought a six button bad just to play Sega Mega Drive Collection; it has a superior d-pad.

FordGTGuy

Banned
It wasn't cheap either, cost over twice what the MS wireless FFB wheel did iirc.

As it happens I bought a new wheel for every FM on 360 and I'm not doing it again, knowing how well it plays compared to a pad is kind of sickening and if there's no cheap solution to I'd rather not play than be stuck without a wheel.

I think it's a little silly to think they won't offer any racing wheel for Forza 5.

amar212

I think it's a little silly to think they won't offer any racing wheel for Forza 5.

Well, I can only presume many, many owners of Microsoft Wireless Speed Wheel will also not be very happy once they learn they can't use it on One.

I really hope MS will solve this situation. It is their Top3 first-party franchise with strong emphasis on branded "FM" wheels in past 5 years on current generation.

People who were buying Forza Motosport Fanatec wheels - CSR and CSRE were officially branded as "Forza Motorsport" wheels, while PWTS and GT2 were *only* branded as "X360" wheels - were also buying pedals, shifters, wheelstands, cockpits, etc. Every one of us spent at least 500€ on their Forza setup, while actual overall expenditure were probably higher.

What MS is *suggesting* now is not only we should buy new console + game + Gold subscription (at least 600€), but we should invest even more money on the wheel that will probably work with XBOne only (I mean, if they offer XID/HID wheel but with locked XBOne only functionality in wireless Xinput mode - and they do not offer HID for XBOne, meltdowns will be glorious).

Also not even to mention how any *new* wheel will not be able to match performance of CSR/CSRE models and CSE/CSP pedals in some normal price-range.

I don't know, longer I think about the whole situation more I do not like it.

I really, really hope the E3 will give us answers. HID-support would be Godlike for driving games. I really hope Microsoft has come to the same conclusion by some mean.

Top Bottom