• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Forza Motorsport 6 |OT| Forza turns 10

Another thing about the brakes (with a controller) is to set the dead zone to 0 and 100. The feel of the vibration is so much better. I'm not sure why T10 doesn't do this by default.

As for brake pressure, I actually like it high even w/o ABS. I run 110 to 140%, and it feels great. I used to run 200% in FM5.

If the simulation is similar to real life the downforce is vital for grip in an F1 car and that means maintaining as much speed as possible otherwise there won't be enough grip for acceleration. Without watching gameplay of you attempting it I can't really comment accurately but my suspicion is you are losing slightly too much speed.

I'm not sure to be honest, I can't post game DVR until after the normal version is release, it doesn't show up.

I've changed the throttle and braking deadzone to zero. It now feels better, I just won a pro race on Monza by a country mile, mostly because you can only have 1 F1 car it seems.

I found it better, but say you're going in to the Parabolica, in F1 2015 and Pcars, you brake slightly, shift down a couple of gears and go in, I can't do this in Forza, it doesn't stick. I then drop to less than 100, lose downforce and drift. If I enter slower, then in 5th build up again, I can do it.

I'm sure part of it is a lack of skill on my part :)

Hawk269

I'm not sure to be honest, I can't post game DVR until after the normal version is release, it doesn't show up.

I've changed the throttle and braking deadzone to zero. It now feels better, I just won a pro race on Monza by a country mile, mostly because you can only have 1 F1 car it seems.

I found it better, but say you're going in to the Parabolica, in F1 2015 and Pcars, you brake slightly, shift down a couple of gears and go in, I can't do this in Forza, it doesn't stick. I then drop to less than 100, lose downforce and drift. If I enter slower, then in 5th build up again, I can do it.

So changing dead zone was that with controller or wheel you are playing?

Mr White

So. What about career mode? Is it same as Forza 5? Just bunch of 2-3 lap races, when you start from end of the grid?

frontieruk

You can upload to onedrive and share from there.

Made it for myself but if anyone wants it it's up for download =)

21204413080_16d693cde2_o.jpg

21366280316_9896a19125_o.jpg

Another thing about the brakes (with a controller) is to set the dead zone to 0 and 100. The feel of the vibration is so much better. I'm not sure why T10 doesn't do this by default.

As for brake pressure, I actually like it high even w/o ABS. I run 110 to 140%, and it feels great. I used to run 200% in FM5.

What is this about dead zone settings? What does that do exactly? Will my performance be better?

What is this about dead zone settings? What does that do exactly? Will my performance be better?

Probably. Dead zones are a matter of preference, but they tend to be too soft in FM5 and, to a lesser degree, in FM6.

I'd set the steering, acceleration and deceleration dead zones to 0 to 100 and see how you like it.

Made it for myself but if anyone wants it it's up for download =)

That's cool. I'll definitely use it.

willbsn13

So. What about career mode? Is it same as Forza 5? Just bunch of 2-3 lap races, when you start from end of the grid?

A lot different. It's split in to two sections - showcases and stories of motorsport. Stories of motorsport is all your races, they start off 2-3laps but then get longer as the career goes on. The end level content is locked off so it's not a case of pick any car you want and go, you still do have some choice based on what volume you're in though. Showcases are all themed events like Endurance races, Autocross, Passing challenges etc.

Naked Lunch

Monza is 100% in. Main track, main track without chicane, and the short version. Seems like you encounter the chicane-less version way more often in career.
Good to hear. Thanks for that.

I don't think Suzuka is going to be in any time soon as well :(

PCars couldn't get the license and promptly had to call it Sakitto and change the layout a little bit.

And you'd think surely, why wouldn't T10 just do that?

Well listening in to the Forza friday stream, they pretty much said they'd never do something like that ever again. The main reason being that Microsoft is a bigger company and they wouldn't be able to get away with it like they used too - referring back to Forza 1 when they had a clear Bathurst rip off called Blue Mountain Raceway.

So unless they can get the license which seems incredibly hard at this stage, then Suzuka is a no go :(
Ah thats very disappointing. The track just flows unlike any other ive played in a game like this. Wonder why the license is so tightly guarded? Saved for Gran Turismo? :)

Mr White

A lot different. It's split in to two sections - showcases and stories of motorsport. Stories of motorsport is all your races, they start off 2-3laps but then get longer as the career goes on. The end level content is locked off so it's not a case of pick any car you want and go, you still do have some choice based on what volume you're in though. Showcases are all themed events like Endurance races, Autocross, Passing challenges etc.
Interesting. Is there some video review that goes in depth with career mode?

Fox Mulder

It's in F1 2015. If there was exclusivity outside of the F1 license, I think we'd know about it. Plus, it seemed implied that SMS was in negotiations for the license at some point.

SMS couldn't get it and went with a slightly changed fantasy version. The track has been in a bunch of games since forever. Forza, GT, iracing, Shift 2, and even EA's mobile racing game have had it. Maybe Honda just got stingy recently.

Chumpion

FY'AI, the acceleration times & braking distances stats have been completely fucked for a long time. I don't know if they ever showed correct numbers.

Thank goodness for the rewind button. Although you are not supposed to drink and drive, I've been doing it all day. Every game should have a rewind button.

DirtyLarry

Quick question.
This is the first game I have preordered digitally on the XBox One, and I am assuming it will preload on its own? Is this correct? Or do I manually have to download it?

Also I have two XBox Ones so wondering will it download on both automatically or the one I have deemed my main one? TBH, I am not even sure if I have deemed one my main one, and I am just assuming my first one is considered the main one.

TIA to anyone that can answer. I really want to know if I need to jump start the download while I am at work on Tuesday so it is ready to go when I get home Tuesday night.

ZeroX03

Banned
Any arcade racing options or is it still totally sim? I've got Forza 5 and I think it's a well crafted game but just not for me.

Lima

Just did the Ring Endurance Challenge

I'm scared to attempt the others lol

Just did the same.

Fucking M.Rossi in his BMW is so quick on Unbeatable I could only beat him by pitting less than him. AI pits every two laps so 3 stops total. I only made 2 pit stops which won it for me in the end but he came close at the end again. Tires were just too fucked up on the third lap.

Also almost missed my braking point at the end and dodged a crash by recovering the car. That would have been 1 hour and 10 minutes or something down the drain considering I play without rewind. Wuff

Any arcade racing options or is it still totally sim? I've got Forza 5 and I think it's a well crafted game but just not for me.

Bumping this question up. I'm interested too. I am bored of horizon 2, and looking for something a little more simulation, but would prefer if it had some arcade physics, or at least the option.

VRMN

Just did the same.

Fucking M.Rossi in his BMW is so quick on Unbeatable I could only beat him by pitting less than him. AI pits every two laps so 3 stops total. I only made 2 pit stops which won it for me in the end but he came close at the end again. Tires were just too fucked up on the third lap.

Also almost missed my braking point at the end and dodged a crash by recovering the car. That would have been 1 hour and 10 minutes or something down the drain considering I play without rewind. Wuff

Must be weird having balls the size of a house. I will never, ever play without rewind on an endurance race.

Lima

Must be weird having balls the size of a house. I will never, ever play without rewind on an endurance race.

I'm not going to lie. My hands were shaking and my heart was pounding near the end. I was so afraid of making a mistake. Feeling that pressure. That shit is my jam.

Azzawon

Bumping this question up. I'm interested too. I am bored of horizon 2, and looking for something a little more simulation, but would prefer if it had some arcade physics, or at least the option.

FM6 has an option for Normal steering or 'Simulation' steering, opting for normal may give you something similar to Horizon 2 but I can't compare as I use the simulation option. The simulation option is definitely a step above Horizon 2 if that's what you're looking for.

Regarding the 'totally sim' comment, it is honestly more of the same if you take it from that perspective. However, there's a demo for you to try and see how you like it!

Edit: Just reached Volume 4 in Career, sweet Jesus. This is where the game really starts to shine.

Forza 6 is imo pretty much Forza 5, with almost everything better done but with a lot less Top Gear trio voice overs. If you don't like F5 much (I don't) I don't see how F6 will change your mind much.

I have F5, FH2, and F6 and my preference is for FH2 style. I also have Driveclub, don't really like that game at all - I screw up constantly and get frustrated and rage - although DC Is absolutely the most beautiful of the group.

I sort of regret preordering F6 ultimate honestly, while its pretty and all, its F5 play style wise - just more cars, better visuals, and a few reorganizations to make things more streamlined. Still, I used my Golden Crisp discount codes so paid $60 for it and can't really complain, I just see myself still playing FH2 over F6 honestly.

You could also try out need for speed beta, signups are up on the website although I didn't like Rivals that much.

Grassy

do you mean that the brake stat for the car actually changes just because you fiddle with the break pressure?

I'm no brake expert, but lowering the pressure on the brakes shouldn't impact brake distance in a good way.

Yeah the actual distances change depending on what brake pressure percentage you choose. It doesn't feel like your brakes become stronger/more effective in-game though, but it does feel better as far as braking goes. I guess the tweaks I made to the suspension made more of a difference than what I thought they would in terms of stability and traction out of corners. The 288 GTO was a handful at B600 until I tuned it. The Maserati on racing tyres felt way too slippery as well.

It's weird because I never used to feel like I had to tune cars in previous Forza's, just upgrade them and adjust ride-height and they felt good to go. In Forza 6 some of them seem to handle like pigs once modified and benefit a lot from having the suspension fine-tuned.
I just thought it was odd that performance *looked* like it was being affected by brake pressure, but looks like it's just a bug:

FY'AI, the acceleration times & braking distances stats have been completely fucked for a long time. I don't know if they ever showed correct numbers.

I think I remember around Forza 3/4 there might have been talk of this? I can't remember anything specific other than a few threads on the FM.net forums or Forzacentral, but it's strange they wouldn't have fixed it by now.

I'm going to have a play around with the dead zone today, it just doesn't feel right on default.

Noobcraft

Anybody interested in getting a custom lobby going? The more people the better. I'll host it.

Message me on Xbox Live if you want in.
GT: Mr Noobcraft

Yeah the actual distances change depending on what brake pressure percentage you choose. It doesn't feel like your brakes become stronger/more effective in-game though, but it does feel better as far as braking goes.
I played with the tyre pressure for acceleration in FM5 and there was a sweet spot between 1.8 and 2.1 bar in the calculated acceleration. Going to the drag strip I could replicate the times getting worse the further away you were from that sweet spot. With the brake pressure there is the same sweet spot for the mustang I was just using at 80% brake pressure.
I haven't tried it, but I bet that you could replicate that as well with ABS turned on. And the reason I'd guess, why lower than 100% brake pressure could lead to better braking distance with ABS, is that the ABS pulsing times for brakes 100% engaged to 0% engaged have a too long 100% ON time for some cars which leads to a super short overbraking in every ABS brake-pulse... at least for some cars with too much weight shifting and too little grip on just the front tyres. It would make sense for my old-ass mustang with leaf-spring suspension and a very high ride-height, old 60's tyre compund, but race-grade carbon brakes.

If the brake distance calculation would engage the brakes to just the right amount considering the available friction for each car under deceleration and calculate the value without ABS, my theory wouldn't work though.

Does anyone know whether you can buy a car in career with the stock upgrades? Hate the way it automatically upgrades things the moment you buy it, no idea why they did that.

Anybody interested in getting a custom lobby going? The more people the better. I'll host it.

Message me on Xbox Live if you want in.
GT: Mr Noobcraft

Early morning for me so can't tonight, will hopefully be free to hop on tomorrow before Monday Night Football.

Will use the pad so I can go round more than two corners before spinning out.

ZeroX03

Banned
Forza 6 is imo pretty much Forza 5, with almost everything better done but with a lot less Top Gear trio voice overs. If you don't like F5 much (I don't) I don't see how F6 will change your mind much.

I have F5, FH2, and F6 and my preference is for FH2 style. I also have Driveclub, don't really like that game at all - I screw up constantly and get frustrated and rage - although DC Is absolutely the most beautiful of the group.

I sort of regret preordering F6 ultimate honestly, while its pretty and all, its F5 play style wise - just more cars, better visuals, and a few reorganizations to make things more streamlined. Still, I used my Golden Crisp discount codes so paid $60 for it and can't really complain, I just see myself still playing FH2 over F6 honestly.

You could also try out need for speed beta, signups are up on the website although I didn't like Rivals that much.

Sounds like you've got the same preferences as me. Sticking with FH2 it is.

witness

Does anyone know whether you can buy a car in career with the stock upgrades? Hate the way it automatically upgrades things the moment you buy it, no idea why they did that.

You just buy it from the main menu, it's in find cars. I just go back there and buy the stock version, hate that I have to upgrade it to a certain level though to be competitive. I really want the option of having the AI cars scaled based on whatever you're driving, I don't understand the design decision. That one thing puts it below FH2 even though I love the great courses and the car list.

willbsn13

You just buy it from the main menu, it's in find cars. I just go back there and buy the stock version, hate that I have to upgrade it to a certain level though to be competitive. I really want the option of having the AI cars scaled based on whatever you're driving, I don't understand the decision.

I believe its because the PI system is scaled way differently due to FM6 having race cars and the like. Not sure though

DirtyLarry

It will be downloaded. It probably already is.
Nope. It actually was not downloaded on either console. I had to manually start the download. Would there be any reason for this?
Currently at 96%. I did pick up the Deluxe Edition that is why there are the other files.
105b.jpg

Orca

Quick question.
This is the first game I have preordered digitally on the XBox One, and I am assuming it will preload on its own? Is this correct? Or do I manually have to download it?

Also I have two XBox Ones so wondering will it download on both automatically or the one I have deemed my main one? TBH, I am not even sure if I have deemed one my main one, and I am just assuming my first one is considered the main one.

TIA to anyone that can answer. I really want to know if I need to jump start the download while I am at work on Tuesday so it is ready to go when I get home Tuesday night.

Not sure if anyone answered, but whichever one is labeled your home Xbox will download it automatically. You need to queue it up on the other - and don't forget to go into 'manage game' and install all the extras.

timlot

Banned

Your sentiments are pretty much why I've decided to wait on Forza 6. I'm sure I'll pick it up this holiday, but I already have F5, FH2, The Crew, and NFS Rivals via EA Access. I did love the F6 demo though, but spent a few hours today playing some FH2 and I have to say that is still funniest racing game I have ever played. I had only been playing online matches here and there so I had forgot just how amazing the single player championship events were. From the lap races, the long point to point runs, those epic cross country races, and the craziness of Storm Island. I implore those who have Forza 6 and also have FH2,( but haven't played it much lately) to jump back into those championship events. I know motorsport and horizon are going for different end of the spectrum, but for me playing F5 and F6 demo just made me appreciate FH2 that much more. Can't wait to hear whats in store for FH3.

Anyone else thinks the volume of the other cars is too loud? Sometimes I can barely hear my own engine and tyres, which is annoying...

Probably the biggest problem with game for me. I can't hear my own car. That's silly.

And FH2 has a separate volume slider for everything, why can't we have this in F6? Seems backwards.

Hawk269

Probably the biggest problem with game for me. I can't hear my own car. That's silly.

And FH2 has a separate volume slider for everything, why can't we have this in F6? Seems backwards.

Perhaps Helios will read some of the stuff that is being posted and that they look into things, especially like this and they do something. T10 outside of making more DLC cars and a "few" tracks, traditionally don't do a lot of updates to the game to make things better, hopefully this will change with F6, but not holding my breathe.

willbsn13

Perhaps Helios will read some of the stuff that is being posted and that they look into things, especially like this and they do something. T10 outside of making more DLC cars and a "few" tracks, traditionally don't do a lot of updates to the game to make things better, hopefully this will change with F6, but not holding my breathe.

Theres also a 5 page thread over at the fm.net forums so they're bound to see the issue. Whether they do something about it, is another story.

Top Bottom