• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fourth playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze probably leaked by Amazon

Poor Kiddy.

1269738-0.jpg

Kiddy Kong more like Shitty Kong

Camjo-Z

Would have much rather seen Kiddy or even K. Rool as the 4th character, but I guess Cranky being playable is better than watching him sit around spouting boring, unfunny lines like he did in DKCR.

At this point i'm just wondering how Cranky would animate as a playable character.
Is he secretly packing some mad platforming skills as to support his bragging? or is he going to be hobbling around, looking as if he can barely keep up with the pace of other characters in his old age? in either case I want to hit things with a walking stick, maybe he can vault off of it to jump.
I was going to avoid any further footage of the game but in this case I just need to see how he'd be handled.

Hiltz

I wonder if Retro will be bringing back another animal mount. With underwater areas being included, then maybe we'll see Enguarde the Sword Fish.

Wait a second,
if Cranky Kong is the OG Donkey Kong how old does that make Mario?

Gorillas reach maturity at 8 years and Donkey Kong Jr. was already around back then. The original events could have happened six years before current events.

Yes I know I'm trying to apply logic to Mario.

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
That would actually get me to buy the game after
having to put up with all his bragging ever since the first DKC. Let's see YOU find all the secrets in less than an hour without losing a life!

FYI the time between the release of Donkey Kong Country and now (19 years) is greater than than the time between the release of the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country. (13 years)

So this Donkey Kong should be old, and Cranky Kong should be dead.

At this point i'm just wondering how Cranky would animate as a playable character.
Is he secretly packing some mad platforming skills as to support his bragging? or is he going to be hobbling around, looking as if he can barely keep up with the pace of other characters in his old age? in either case I want to hit things with a walking stick, maybe he can vault off of it to jump.
I was going to avoid any further footage of the game but in this case I just need to see how he'd be handled.

I hope he wobbles around a lot and hits enemies with his walking stick.

This will be glorious.

Lijik

This is better than I could have hoped.

I bet he makes some wisecrack early on about how he could beat the game in some insane way like he did in the old DKCs and those are actually his unlock requirements

Very cool, although one of these days, I'd like to finally see what happened to this guy, and maybe have him come out of retirement... behold, DK's dad/Cranky's son:

Donkey_Kong_Jr..jpg

Steroyd

this game is gonna be amazing. A lot of people gonna be eating crow like they did with 3D world.

At first glance you can't blame 3D World looking like more of the same from it's predecessors on the surface akin to the perception that the Wii U is a Wii add-on.

Great news, albeit a little expected. DKCR was arguably the best side-scrolling platformer last gen, so I really hope they come through with this sequel.

prag16

Banned
NINTENDO AT VGX SURPRISE CANCELLED.

Hahahah if this was intended to be "Reggie's big announcement"...

...there are no words. This would be worse than the "big" Wii Fit trainer in SSB announcement, because this one had more/earlier buildup/teasing.

Top Bottom