• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fourth playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze probably leaked by Amazon

AniHawk

DKC5_box_art.jpg

i knew i wasn't crazy. interesting that they modified the box art for that.

Mariolee

Sad thing is, it isn't completely unbelievable this was the actual surprise there.

OH GOD NO. It never even crossed my mind this would be the surprise.

Sad thing is, this is entirely possible.

Knowing Nintendo, I wouldn't doubt this being the big surprise they're planning.

lol :(

You joke, but in reality you are right.

From the company who's special surprise at E3 was "Wii Fit Trainer in SSB," I can completely believe this.

Hahahah if this was intended to be "Reggie's big announcement"...

...there are no words. This would be worse than the "big" Wii Fit trainer in SSB announcement, because this one had more/earlier buildup/teasing.

Your tears taste delicious.

Gartooth

Called it!! (Don't know if I explicitly said it on this forum, but I always joked with friends that they would make
Cranky playable rather than K. Rool or Funky)

Sheroking

Any post that starts with "knowing Nintendo" is fundamentally wrong.

Nobody knows Nintendo. They are completely unpredictable.

* Pfft, random September or January direct - nothing is going to be announced, you guys are wasting your time.
* (everything is announced)
* Their big E3 reveal, all the marbles are on this one
* (20 minute Nintendo Land demo + fireworks).

Qurupeke

I don't really think that this was their VGX surprise... Sure, they'll show a DKC:TF trailer but certainly not only this. There are bigger things there guys... BIGGER.

That's not K. Rool. What is this noise.

Cranky's all right, but I can't really imagine him moving outside of rocking on his chair. More than anything, I sincerely hope that this wasn't their VGX surprise, because if so... well, it's a huge bummer.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
VGX Reggie:

- Cranky Kong revealed for DKC: Tropical Freeze.
- Cranky Kong revealed for Mario Kart 8.
- Cranky Kong revealed for Smash Bros. 4.
- 2014 = Year of Cranky.

Lebon14

Wow, that's a good surprise! I wonder how he'll play. After all these years of throwing us "in my days, I'd be kicking yo a**", I hope he'll be up to our expectations.

Thanks gaf for the potential leak!

Wait a second,
if Cranky Kong is the OG Donkey Kong how old does that make Mario?
According to Wikipedia:

A gorilla's lifespan is between 35 and 40 years, although zoo gorillas may live for 50 years and more.
So, assuming Mario started his plumbing career fresh out of high school and that he was roughly 20 years old when he was Jumpman, he'd probably be around 50 now.

well, not really exciting but I wasn't expecting anyone interesting anyway. Now to continue waiting for this game to come out...

Neiteio

I'm cool with this. Also, really not necessary to spoiler-tag Cranky Kong in a thread that clearly warns its contents are about the fourth playable character. One who will be on the freaking cover, for that matter.

JDSN

Banned
I had no idea there was a surprise in store.

But then again nothing can top the punch-in-the-cock surprise that was Retro working on another one of these.

Top Bottom