• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fourth playable character in DKC: Tropical Freeze probably leaked by Amazon

Doogdogg

kUdkHgA.jpg

Bunch of Rare stuff there, was this the reason why DKC games got remove from the VC?

Considering that he's right on the cover, I wouldn't be surprised if he's actually available from the start and that there is a 5th unlockable character.

I'M FINISHED!

Um exCUSE me Sakurai but CLEARLY the best choice for Smash Bros would be my fav niche character HOWEVER you are clearly INCOMPETENT and
I'm wearing my boring on my middle finger.

SirShandy

Any post that starts with "knowing Nintendo" is fundamentally wrong.

Nobody knows Nintendo. They are completely unpredictable.

* Pfft, random September or January direct - nothing is going to be announced, you guys are wasting your time.
* (everything is announced)
* Their big E3 reveal, all the marbles are on this one
* (20 minute Nintendo Land demo + fireworks).

This is precisely why I'm so fascinated by Nintendo. They avoid Pavlovian conditioning by doing things in such an odd fashion. The reward system is quite off-kilter and usually unexpected. They don't really have much concept of hype, and usually are more to the point with the things they want to share. Nevertheless, as a result of these things, when they do surprise, it's usually quite rewarding.

Downhome

It would amuse me a great deal if they did a DKC game and it was revealed at the very end that Mario was the true bad guy the entire game and the end boss.

Toad.T

Banned
Very cool, although one of these days, I'd like to finally see what happened to this guy, and maybe have him come out of retirement... behold, DK's dad/Cranky's son:

Donkey_Kong_Jr..jpg

You've already seen him as Scrappy Doo. PUPPPPPPPPPPPYYYY POOOOOOOWEEEERRR MONKEEEEEEEEEYYYYYYYY MUSCLLLLLLLEEEEEEEEEE.

I am a bit bummed that the fourth character wasn't Kiddy/K.Rool. Maybe for DKCR: Citrus Tsunami. (You know it's going to be a trilogy.)

Soulstar

Awesome if this is true and thank god it wasn't K Rool. That garbage character can stay in the trash bin of history.

TheBlowfish

Neo Member
Too bad the year of Luigi is over when this game is released, I wanted to see the obvious secret fifth character running around with a Green hat.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
FYI the time between the release of Donkey Kong Country and now (19 years) is greater than than the time between the release of the original Donkey Kong and Donkey Kong Country. (13 years)

So this Donkey Kong should be old, and Cranky Kong should be dead.
cranky had good genes

spliced

Not bad, hopefully he has some funny animation and or moves.

Looks like by the way he's holding on to DK he's also a secondary character.

After getting so much spoiled for Mario and Zelda I should really start a blackout for this...hmmm do I have the willpower for that.

I CALLED IT

Cranky Kong mode will be the old school mode. Back in my day, you got ONE hit, and that was it! You young whippersnappers with your Super Guides and your DLCs and your health meters and shit

lol, this game just keeps getting better and better. I'm glad they didn't go with someone like Kiddy. I thought it'd either be Cranky or dat Funky Kong.

D-e-f-

Banned
I CALLED IT

Cranky Kong mode will be the old school mode. Back in my day, you got ONE hit, and that was it! You young whippersnappers with your Super Guides and your DLCs and your health meters and shit

And he can't pick up shit 'cuz he's old!

Can you imagine the pain you must go through to buy the game and starting it if you don't want to know the 4th character :(

It's especially awkward if you don't know he's on the box and then go to the store and grab the box after which you notice---AAWWW SHIT GAME SPOILED #thanksiwata

Daingurse

Cranky Kong was the original Donkey Kong? Wow learn something new everyday. Never knew much about Donkey Kong that's kinda neat.

Tripon

Cranky Kong was also Mario's pet and kidnapped Pauline to teach Mario a lesson for abusing him.

Mario is an asshole.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still hope K. Rool appears in the game.

Maybe Kremlin Island will be one of the islands taken over by the Snowmads, and you'll end up saving him...

But then he back stabs you setting up DKCR 3: Return of the King

P1 is always DK. Can't play as Diddy/Dixie in SP

I thought one of the recent trailers proved you could now select to play as Diddy or Dixie standalone?

Top Bottom