• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FOX orders Marvel's The Gifted to series, first teaser is up

Pete--Galactus_low_angle.jpg

I'm bumping this thread to bring you bad news, via James Gunn.

http://imgur.com/Zp31gR1

http://i.imgur.com/qCTyhhQ.jpg

Mariolee

Looks ok. Will definitely give it a watch. Interesting that a guy straight up says they don't know if the X-Men exist anymore considering this was supposed to be part of the Singer-verse.

Prompto

Banned
Eh. Will probably check out the pilot still but the full trailer didn't do much for me. At least there's still Legion season 2 to look forward to.

Looks ok. Will definitely give it a watch. Interesting that a guy straight up says they don't know if the X-Men exist anymore considering this was supposed to be part of the Singer-verse.
I thought they've said it has its own universe? Similar to how Legion is seperate. It kinda fits though if it takes place the same time as Logan.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
uu9pmDP.gif

Me when I heard that X-Men and Brotherhood line. Guess I'll be watching this show too.

Might give the pilot a watch (if only to play whack a mole with the Dallas shots) but it looks like usual superhero buffoonery with CW grade high schoolers. I'm cool with just keeping Legion.

jrDev

Is that the guy from True blood and the girl from Person of Interest?

This is obviously a prequel to Logan if it links to the movies right?

Mariolee

I thought they've said it has its own universe? Similar to how Legion is seperate. It kinda fits though if it takes place the same time as Logan.

Bryan Singer, the director and basically creative lead for the X-Men movie franchise, is directing the first episode of this series and is producing it. In addition Wikipedia (I know) states "It is connected to the X-Men film series, the second television series to be so". I'm sure there's an interview where Bryan Singer is asked this directly, but can't find it.

With Legion and The Gifted, it seems like it's connected to the movies but still kinda working in its own continuity if that makes sense. Like, they could technically fit in the universe of the films but there's no need to pigeonhole them in if they don't totally line up.

Didn't particularly care for the the trailer nor the premise but eh, I'll watch the pilot at least. I was not expecting an actual X-Men name drop.

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Yikes. They were better off with the shorter trailer.

Carcetti

I can't understand why people even want Singer involved. His boring, visually bland brand of X-Men produced a series of movies where the only good one is really Logan, with no Singer involvement. Without some amazing casting most of those movies would have nothing to them.

Ross61

As someone who has a complicated feelings about the Fox X-verse, I can say this looks decent at best. But I could see potential to be good. It looks like a Bryan Singer directed pilot. I wonder why they're leading off with his name instead of Matt Nix. It's his fucking show lol.

caliph95

As someone who has a complicated feelings about the Fox X-verse, I can say this looks decent at best. But I could see potential to be good. It looks like a Bryan Singer directed pilot. I wonder why they're leading off with his name instead of Matt Nix. It's his fucking show lol.
Going with the bigger star i guess and his directing the pilot and his shows weren't as acclaimed Fargo was and that was aimed at the FX crowd, which is why Noah Hawley name is prominent IIRc

X2 and DoFP are great movies.

Love those.

This show doesn't look particularly good though but I'll give it a shot for a few episodes to see how it goes

I think Gotham looked awful too, and it was during the beginning. But it showed potential too and as the season progressed they refined it and knew what they were aiming for and have been putting out some real entertaining schlock ever since.

I hope this ends up being a similar case, because that trailer was mediocre.

Pachimari

I thought Jamie Chung would have a larger role, but it seems like she's just gonna be one of them X-Men that pops up here and there. But I'm okay with the blonde being the main actress. I'm not convinced by the boy's acting though.

jwk94

Idk about this. As much as I like the trailer (looks interesting), I kinda have no hope for a super power show on NBC.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Uhhh....So i guess we're at the point where "Sentinels" are FBI type men in suits with little Robot spiders things.. OK
Well duh, how else are they gonna keep saying, "We have Sentinels chasing us! We have to get out of here!" Only for the MIB to show up... Then in the final episode they actually tease us with a real Sentinel flying in as back up, dun dun duuuuuuun.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
Why are they all so sad?

eh,

Why can't you kids just be happy for once. You just lifehacked the vending machine to score some sweet free microwave popcorn.

Top Bottom