• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

X-Men Marvel Drama Gets Fox Pilot Order

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://deadline.com/2017/01/x-men-marvel-drama-fox-pilot-order-matt-nix-1201893509/

Fox has made it official, handing its first drama pilot order of the season to an X-Men-themed Marvel action-adventure drama from Burn Notice creator Matt Nix, 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television.

The drama, which had a put pilot commitment, focuses on two ordinary parents who discover their children possess mutant powers. Forced to go on the run from a hostile government, the family joins up with an underground network of mutants and must fight to survive. The show appears particularly timely, dealing with the plight of minorities in society where there may not be enough tolerance for them.

Nix exec produced with Bryan Singer, Lauren Shuler Donner and Simon Kinberg, key auspices of the X-Men feature franchise, as well as Marvel’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory.

X-TV starting to look interesting...

guek

Banned
Does Fox have the rights to Molly Hayes?

I guess I shouldn't worry since a Runaways show is still technically in development at Marvel.

If people think that MARVEL is bad at integrating their TV/movie properties, I expect Fox to be even worse. Article says it's "produced" by the same people behind Legion, but I have zero faith they'll try to place it in either universe. Hell, they can't even have their own movie canon line up in a meaningful way.

I really like how Fox is taking the superhero genre and trying some different things with it. Kind of like how Disney/Marvel is doing with the Netflix shows.

I can't stomach more samey Disney/Marvel big screen movies.

If people think that MARVEL is bad at integrating their TV/movie properties, I expect Fox to be even worse. Article says it's "produced" by the same people behind Legion, but I have zero faith they'll try to place it in either universe. Hell, they can't even have their own movie canon line up in a meaningful way.

I'd be happy if Logan, Legion and this upcoming show all have nothing to do with each other.

I don't think Fox is gonna pretend like they're connected in the first place.

I'm not too concerned with whether or not the shows are connected with the movies or each other. The first focus should be on making sure the shows are good, and as long as they are I'll be perfectly happy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Assuming same thing they got with Legion, co-producing credits and a way to make money without doing work

X-Men Homecoming, 2018 baby!

it has to be the First Family

reeds-promise.jpg

Who cares. As long as we get good shows and movies out of this

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.

Meh, I'm ok with movies being movies sometimes. Hell, I'm happy with the Netflix Marvel stuff being more or less stand alone crime dramas.

I think Arrowverse got to be more than I was willing to keep up with so I dropped it.

Comics ignore continuity all the god damned time. Fox isn't trying to world build towards some big set piece movie, so slightly contradictory time lines is a ok with me.

The X-Men universe is large enough for spinoffs to not have to connect too much to the main storylines. Just look at Deadpool. There's a ton of stuff that they haven't touched yet, they just need to stop focusing on the same characters and making their histories super complicated in doing so.

Jag

I don't really like "on the run" shows. It gets exhausting. I think TV comics needs to stay true to the basic comic hero/anti hero/villain formula. Legion sounds fantastic, Gotham is great, Shield, Arrowverse, all good. Shows like this and "Powerless" by DC i just don't see making it.

Of all the things to complain about, we're really going to complain about continuity here?

Not like.....if it's good or not?

What is it with these companies not wanting to put their big characters on tv? An x-men TV show would be awesome. I dont understand it. WB does it too. A Batman TV show would be way better than whatever the fuck Gotham is

FWIW, the creators have implied that this is much more closely tied to the "X-Men universe" than Legion is. Though I'm more than fine with Legion being its own thing.

Sesha

Does Fox have the rights to Molly Hayes?

I guess I shouldn't worry since a Runaways show is still technically in development at Marvel.

Marvel has the rights to Molly, I think, but they probably can't call her or her parents mutants.

Ego the Living Planet, if I remember correctly.

I thought they got Ego in exchange for letting Fox make changes to Negasonic Teenage Warhead.

What is it with these companies not wanting to put their big characters on tv? An x-men TV show would be awesome. I dont understand it. WB does it too. A Batman TV show would be way better than whatever the fuck Gotham is

Because an X-Men TV show would be too expensive and time-consuming to produce, with their powers and what not.

TV shows require characters that don't need a lot of choreography, excessive makeup/props, or expensive visual effects, and can carry the show without a lot of action scenes or expensive set pieces.

Even Agents of SHIELD had to chop down their budget significantly for the current half of this season, because they blew their budget on CG for the Ghost Rider in the first half, and that's just due to one character with average 5 minutes of CG per episode.

Jag

Really weirded out that they're still avoiding doing a school show. Seems like easy money.

It's been the basis for the movies. If they are following the MCU formula, they will keep the movies and TV fairly separate. Even though some MCU minor characters cross over (Coulson being the most prominent).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom