• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain in talks for X-Men: Dark Phoenix villain; Kinberg to direct

Epcott

JLaw +
No Logan +
X-Men in space +
Crew from Apocalypse +
Directed by writer of that horrible Phoenix film =

This will either be so bad, it'll live on as a cult comedy

Or

It'll be so bad, the only X films we'll see in the next 10 years are New Mutants, X-Force, and Deadpool. Toxic, toxic, toxic.

I read "jlaw" and audibly groaned. I'm tired of mystique and tbh I'm also tired of Charles and Magneto being the most important mutants in these films. Literally, all three of these prequel films has Charles having to convince Magneto to act like a good guy and help them defeat the big bad. I'm just tired, my dudes. I'm 100% all in on new mutants.

The only hope I have for this is that the new director will do a good job since he's not Singer.

Cwarrior

On the bright side at least they can't spin this movie to be about wolverine for the 9th time.

Or can they?

Maybe 1 day we will get an actual x-men movie not one focused on individuals.

Could be worse could be Bryan singer directing,

I just hope this movie is good.

I love the First Class crew, but yeah, that last movie was bad. Kind of amazing they fucked up Apocalypse.

This director wrote the scripts to the prequels sans First Class and Fantastic Four 2015
:(

Hope slightly diminished but I'm still glad Singer's out. And besides, writing a film and directing a film are different things. Also weren't there like four other writers for Fant4stic?

HMD

Fox why can you do so much good and so much bad with this IP. Please try to have some consistency, I'm sick of the roller coaster rides.

In case you couldn't tell by Apocalypse that the franchise is back to being shit, here's Dark Phoenix!

I kinda want to watch Chastain but.......nah her role is bound to be badly written.

Laplasakos

I was sure that JLaw would not return for all the money in the world after how she talked about her role. What happened? Good script maybe?

.JayZii

Banned
I was sure that JLaw would not return for all the money in the world after how she talked about her role. What happened? Good script maybe?
Someone said, "We'll pay you a bunch of money, you don't have to wear any makeup, and feel free to not give any shits at all in your performance."

The Kree

Banned
They're paying her 20 million bucks to hang out with her friends in a blue bodysuit for four months while she thinks about which Oscar bait to work on next.

What would you do?

Slayven

They're paying her 20 million bucks to hang out with her friends in a blue bodysuit for four months while she thinks about which Oscar bait to work on next.

What would you do?

Give me 10 million and I will play Maggot and put in the same work she did in Apocalypse

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
I don't give a shit who plays Mystique, I give a shit that Mystique is being treated as more relevant than Storm and Cyclops. Everything they do with these movies is ass backwards.

exactly

no one wants another mystique / xavier / magneto song and dance

people want this, sans quicksilver and mysitque. throw in jubilee and maybe rogue or someone

ffkkigj.jpg

I don't give a shit who plays Mystique, I give a shit that Mystique is being treated as more relevant than Storm and Cyclops. Everything they do with these movies is ass backwards.

Only reason Mystique is sooo damn important is because JLaw plays her and executives are dancing around a stack of money chanting:

Jennifer Lawrence, Hunger Games
Teen demographics all love her the same
Only Mystique will get them in the seats
Hunger, Hunger, Games, Games!!!

The Kree

Banned
Only reason Mystique is sooo damn important is because JLaw plays her and executives are dancing around a stack of money chanting:

It's interesting that Storm didn't get the same treatment after Halle won her Oscar and GG Awards.

But that's none of my business.

J2 Cool

Somehow Kinberg behind-the-scenes wrestled away X-men, aftet the solid DotfP, and fucked up Apocalypse. I dont know how these things happen......what credidentials?

Xmen were making bank before JLaw. She has overstayed her welcome.

Prompto

Banned
It's interesting that Storm didn't get the same treatment after Halle won her Oscar and GG Awards.

But that's none of my business.
She kinda did. Storm had a much bigger role in X3 than the other 2. Went from barely being a supporting character to Proffesor X saying she should take over the school instead of Cyclops and getting the most screentime out of anyone besides Hugh Jackman

Ugghh, I didn't want Jennifer Lawrence again, I don't hate her per se, just how she portrays Mystique and her constant whining about the make up...

Ither than that, I really hope they make a good movie now.

jelly

I love Quicksilver in the last two films but he is just too powerful for a main role.

JLaw doesn't really care but honestly, neither do Fassbender and McAvoy, they just do a slightly better job of hiding it and have roles they can go ham on. Mystique just isn't interesting as they've written her, same as the original version.

Hesh

Ugh, I thought we were freed from "The Adventures of Mystique and some people called the X-Men, I think?" I guess I can hope for Jean & Scott's story getting the spotlight since the damn movie is titled "Dark Phoenix", but if Mystique saves the day again I'm declaring Shenanigans.

Top Bottom