• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Simon Kinberg in talks to direct X-Men Dark Phoenix saga movie

Status
Not open for further replies.

hidys

People have to actually get to know the character before you
turn her into a genocidal monster and then kill her.

*sigh*

They're really going to jump in to Dark Phoenix already? Give the new cast at least one more movie of breathing room before you go in to that. They're so quick to jump in to these stories without first earning the relationships that make them actually tragic.

Slayven

The responses to different comic movie news is fascianting.

Marvel="Hype"
DC="Oh god, what are they up to now?"
Fox="Oh ok, I guess. I just hope it doesn't take up the whole day"

Pachimari

I enjoyed Apocalypse. Thought First Class was better than DoFP. And I want my damn Gambit movie.

Dunno if I'll be excited about another X-Men movie but I did really like the new young ones introduced in Apocalypse and want more adventures with them.

Liamario

Banned
I don't know how anyone can support the idea of Kinberg writing and directing an X-men movies. He's wildly inconsistent at one and wholly inexperienced at the other. This is a bad idea and almost feels like they gave him the job as a repayment, rather than being the right person for the job.

Well, this is a stupid ass idea in a long series of off-and-on again stupid ass ideas.

I actually really liked Apocalypse, but after it got shredded by both critics and fans and had a huge drop in gross from Days of Future Past, perhaps betting on Kingberg again is the wrong damn move. Surely Fox has a better, more consistent, more experienced person they can tap for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom