• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain in talks for X-Men: Dark Phoenix villain; Kinberg to direct

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
if fox keeps is making these shitty x men movies in space they may not have given the mcu ff/cosmic

damn

ryseing

J-Law going to phone it in again. Fucking joy (pun intended).

Substantial Jubilee screen time or riot. And get an actual accent coach for Sophie, especially if she's going to be at the center of the movie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Jessica Chastain as Lilandra is actually kind of dope.

Shame it's tied to the abombination that is the X-Men movies today.

Blader

That Xorn/Magneto reveal is what made me quit reading X-men comics back in the day. Still pisses me off to this day.

Probably the most egregious revival.

If it's any consolation, that was retconned (in a pretty convoluted way) to not be the case. I actually like the different angle they came up with for Xorn, but think I'm the only one to have that opinion.

I mean they were in First Class.

Barely resembled anything to the comic Hellfire Club other than a few members present. Hellfire Club was supposed to be a secret organization of wealthy members (humans, mutants, ... cyborgs...) that would influence the world from the shadows. First Class's depiction was, well, yet another "evil mutant team". If they wanted "yet another evil mutant team", they have plenty to choose from (a dime a dozen).

That Xorn/Magneto reveal is what made me quit reading X-men comics back in the day. Still pisses me off to this day.

Probably the most egregious revival.

Wait, you disliked the reveal that he was Magneto, or the revival of Xorn/retcon that erased said reveal?

sans_pants

avec_pénis
such a shame. i love the xmen and it seems like they will never get a really good movie

hopefully they kill off jlaw in the first 10 minutes

The Kree

Banned
You can thank Marvel Studios for this since they made the Guardians pop off, reminding Fox that they have alien space characters they can adapt poorly. Otherwise you'd be getting Wolverine Part 9 right now and Chastain would be playing Spiral or some shit. This is going to be bad.

You can thank Marvel Studios for this since they made the Guardians pop off, reminding Fox that they have alien space characters they can adapt poorly. Otherwise you'd be getting Wolverine Part 9 right now and Chastain would be playing Spiral or some shit. This is going to be bad.
When we getting Mojo tho

Shit, they'll just make him like Ultimate Deadpool but a fat guy.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action

seriously

this is terrible news - fox was reminded that they own a ton of cosmic shit they can ruin

fallengorn

Bitches love smiley faces

The stinger is going to be the Starjammers meeting the X-men.

Cyclops: Who the hell are you?

Corsair: I'm your dad, Scott.

Loved DOFP quite a bit. It's getting more apparent since then that the xmen (and kinberg) should have ended at that point for a break for a while and that they focused more on other side stuff like new mutants and Deadpool and Logan for example

Sou Da

Remember when Magneto killed scores of innocent people and Charles repaid him with an invitation to the X-Men?

Remember when they did a great job getting you invested in this Jean Grey so that this movie will actually resonate with audiences?

anaron

Jessica would be one of the only substitutes for Famke I could live with...and of course it's for fucking Lilandra. Lol

What is it about these third rate screenwriters that makes them think they're capable of directing.

The bigger question is what is it about these third rate screenwriters that makes the studios think they're capable of directing $200 million movies.

The Kree

Banned
What is it about these third rate screenwriters that makes them think they're capable of directing.
Watching people fail upwards in Hollywood is my favorite pastime. I especially enjoy it when they ruin cool shit from my childhood.

Slayven

a0f3522a221ba0a8ef59d62d86196c00.jpg

I want every one of these MF's in the film!

That pic is hilarious.

"Angel you take the guy that has super strength, Super speed, and is invulnerable"

Top Bottom