• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain in talks for X-Men: Dark Phoenix villain; Kinberg to direct

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Can magneto at least be a good guy for the whole movie this time lol

Or do we have to do the same old arc where he tries to kill humans, charles defeats him, he says goodbye old friend, e.t.c.

PR_rambo

Banned
Magneto: The Shi'ar want the Phoenix. You know what this means, don't you Charles?

Xavier: I do Erik. It means Raven is the key to all of this.

I'm always in for more X-Men movies but... Lilandra sucks. I don't see how the Shi'ar can fit within the Fox universe. And fuck no to Kinberg directing.

Oh well, all my hopes are on New Mutants anyway.

A-V-B

Can magneto at least be a good guy for the whole movie this time lol

Or do we have to do the same old arc where he tries to kill humans, charles defeats him, he says goodbye old friend, e.t.c.

Charles: Goodbye, old frie---

Magneto goes in for the big fat smooch

Charles: Hello, old friend!

I'm always in for more X-Men movies but... Lilandra sucks. I don't see how the Shi'ar can fit within the Fox universe. And fuck no to Kinberg directing.

Oh well, all my hope are on New Mutants anyway.

Fascinating how the mainline X-Men films have become the least interesting films in the X-Men universe.

a0f3522a221ba0a8ef59d62d86196c00.jpg

I want every one of these MF's in the film!

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
-Simon Kinberg is directing X-Men: Dark Phoenix
-JLaw returning
-Michael Fassbender, Nicholas Hoult also returning.
-Sophie Turner
-Kinberg is producing with Hutch Parker and Lauren Shuler Donner

pxp8ubc.gif

I don't see how they can have Magneto be a bad guy again considering how Apocalypse ends with him pretty firmly on their side now

A-V-B

I don't see how they can have Magneto be a bad guy again considering how Apocalypse ends with him pretty firmly on their side now

Magneto: But I killed all those homo sapiens, Charles. Doesn't that anger you?

Charles: Well, no. I've just come to your side is all. Call me... Wheels.

Anung

Un Rama
Who's gonna play gladiator? The Rock or Vin Diesel?

It'll be weird seeing them do the Corsair stuff with Cyclops. Might be a bit too close to GOTG2?

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
You're making way more sense than these movies deserve.

He'll be angry and resentful of humans again for no reason at the start of this movie, and just hope you forgot all the other movies.

Lilandra, the villain in the Dark Phoenix movie?

...... okay?

Still kinda pissed they didn't portray the Hellfire Club right in First Class. It is something I would've loved to see in this movie (considering Dark Phoenix became Black Queen).

Though, if Chastain takes this role, I hope that means she's open to portraying adult Beverly Marsh in the second It movie. Someone brought it up to the director of that one and he liked that idea (especially since he worked with Chastain on Mama).

"Hold my beer"
--- Fox

*steals beer*

You're making way more sense than these movies deserve.

He'll be angry and resentful of humans again for no reason at the start of this movie, and just hope you forgot all the other movies.

I mean it was confusing as fuck to see him in the middle of nowhere with a family in Apocalypse so maybe it'll be some other thing where he's back on his bullshit

Slayven

But no cast for the Hellfire club

HellfireClub.jpg

People always skipped over the fact them seducing Jean is the reason the Phoenix gets a taste for pleasure, causing it to get off on destorying stars and shit

Will Quicksilver be back? He gotta bond with his pops(comic retcons be damned)
Who's gonna play gladiator? The Rock or Vin Diesel?

It'll be weird seeing them do the Corsair stuff with Cyclops. Might be a bit too close to GOTG2?
They probably ain't gonna bother with Corsair.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

He went from neutral to bad again in apocalypse in like 5 minutes.

Or maybe it will be like xmen 2 where he works with the xmen but then he suddenly realizes [insert plot device] can be used to achieve mutant world domination.

SYNTAX182

Don't know why they bringing Lawrence back, waste of money. Mystique isn't even that important as a character. Should've just slowly phased her out. They need to reboot the production crew.

J-Law is now Cyclops's father.

Actually, Claremont's original plan was to have Mystique turn out to be Nightcrawler's father (and Destiny his mother). The idea being that Mystique has functional sperm when shapeshifting into a man.

Unfortunately, the bosses wouldn't let him do it.

damn it Slay

jrcbandit

Just because J-law is back doesn't mean they will try to force her down everyone's throat and try to make her the star of the film again, right, right????? At first I was excited when I saw that Brian Singer was not directing and had no idea who this new director was.....

But no cast for the Hellfire club

HellfireClub.jpg

People always skipped over the fact them seducing Jean is the reason the Phoenix gets a taste for pleasure, causing it to get off on destorying stars and shit
I don't think you'll get this in a feature film:
86152fe816628d7b3e478d9dca58ead2.png

Don't like how Cyclop's visor looks like it's made out of aluminum foil, or that cheap chrome paint they'd put on action figures back in the day. The kind that scratches off and it's white plastic underneath.
477ce884-5e8f-4ff2-b128-a7576ab8c2e7.jpg
Y'know, they probably did use the same type of cheap chrome paint for his visor.

Top Bottom