• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jessica Chastain in talks for X-Men: Dark Phoenix villain; Kinberg to direct

X-MEN: DARK PHOENIX - FRIDAY, NOVEMBER 2, 2018

-Officially, Simon Kinberg is directing X-Men: Dark Phoenix
-JLaw returning
-Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult also returning.
-The young cast Alexandra Shipp, Sophie Turner, Tye Sheridan, and Kodi Smit-McPhee also reprising their roles in this sequel.
-Jessica Chastain is in talk to join the cast as Shi'ar Empress Lilandra
-Kinberg is producing with Hutch Parker and Lauren Shuler Donner

Source: http://deadline.com/2017/06/x-men-d...bender-james-mcavoy-simon-kinberg-1202113290/

JLaw coming back to bitch about the Mystique make up yet again?

5tkRUoz.gif

Blader

That villain being Lilandra of the Shi'ar.

Jessica Chastain is in negotiations to star as the villain in X-Men: Dark Phoenix, the latest installment of Fox's banner-carrying X-Men movie franchise.

At the same time, Fox is getting the band together one more time and has closed deals with Jennifer Lawrence, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy and Nicholas Hoult to return to the franchise after their original three-picture deals expired.

Longtime X-Men steward Simon Kinberg is writing and due to make his directorial debut with the tentpole, which is aiming to retell the defining Dark Phoenix storyline from the early 1980s comic book.

If a deal makes, sources say Chastain would play Lilandra, the empress of an alien empire called the Shi'ar, who leads the quest to imprison and execute Dark Phoenix, leading her into conflict with the X-Men.

The movie is prepping for a Montreal shoot and has a Nov. 2, 2018 release date. Also returning to the movie will be Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan and Kodi Smit-McPhee.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/he...x-villain-jessica-chastain-talks-role-1013462

ZeoVGM

Banned
Looking forward to a grounded and leather-clad version of Lilandra where she's actually a scientist from Detroit and Jean Grey is injected with an experimental drug called "Dark Phoenix."

Are we due for a good X-Men movie after Apocalypse or did Logan already take that spot? I forget how this works from time to time.

Jlaw, Fassbender and Macavoy previously explained they'll be back only if they work together. That and they're probably making GOOD MONEY.

Funny enough, all three actors lack massive franchises to bounce off, so it makes sense coming back to something familiar.

Jlaw, Fassbender and Macavoy previously explained they'll be back only if they work together. That and they're probably making GOOD MONEY.

Funny enough, all three actors lack massive franchises to bounce off, so it makes sense coming back to something familiar.

I like how they got them back and Hoult is like 'eh, I'll come back too'

Shaanyboi

Banned
Kinberg directing is... scary. Him just working in-proximity to other directors doesn't mean this dude can control a massive project like this. Not as a first film.

J-Law actually returning. Doesn't she have enough money, it's clear she doesn't care about this franchise at this point, otherwise her performance wouldn't have seemed so phone in like it was last-time.

Why are they turning her into a villain?

So they can actually have a forced conflict, I'd imagine.

J-Law actually returning. Doesn't she have enough money, it's clear she doesn't care about this franchise at this point, otherwise her performance wouldn't have seemed so phone in like it was last-time.

I mean, not to be mean or anything, but she's having a string of back-to-back flops lately.

Sophie Turner is fine on GoT, but she was a terrible Jean in the last (terrible) X-Men movie, so not looking forward to a movie revolving around her (which I presume will be the case from the title).

And in a post Alien world, I need at least two Fassbenders for that hot Fassbender on Fassbender fingering action.

Shaanyboi

Banned
The worst thing about the X-Men franchise is its unwillingness to leave the 80s storylines behind.

Unless they could do House of M, there really aren't many relatively modern X-Men stories I'd say are worth a damn.

The limp-dicked way they attempted to adapt Whedon's Astonishing X-Men was a massive waste.

Slayven

So they can actually have a forced conflict, I'd imagine.

No I mean turn a good character evil. Not like there isn't a death bird

Deathbird-Marvel-Comics-X-Men-Shiar-Modern-j.jpg

Top Bottom