• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Drew Goddard To Direct/Write ‘X-Force’ With Deadpool

Penguin

http://deadline.com/2017/09/x-force...nolds-x-men-cable-josh-brolin-fox-1202163706/

Fox has set Drew Goddard to write and direct X-Force, the X-Men spinoff film that revolves around Deadpool and Cable leading a Black Ops force of down and dirty mutant warriors who are far more ruthless than their X-Men counterparts. Kinberg, Ryan Reynolds and Lauren Shuler Donner are producing. Goddard is next directing for Fox Bad Times at the El Royale with Chris Hemsworth and Jeff Bridges, but he has already cracked the script and will roll right into X-Force when he is finished.

Seems like a solid catch

Goddard in charge of an X-Force film is a good pull, especially if he's writing/directing.

Gonna be interesting to see how Deadpool plays in that situation though, but I bet Deadpool 2 will bring the guy a little more down to earth than he was in the first film.

Blader

That's a nice pick. Sounds like this is coming together pretty quickly. I wonder if they want X-Force to release before a Deadpool 3?

Will they reintroduce Wolverine here?

Goddard in charge of an X-Force film is a good pull, especially if he's writing/directing.

Gonna be interesting to see how Deadpool plays in that situation though, but I bet Deadpool 2 will bring the guy a little more down to earth than he was in the first film.

X-Force Deadpool is my favorite Deadpool for sure, because his moments where he shows his humanity are so well done. Remender struck a good balance with the character.

Wait, didn't we already have an idea as to who Fox wanted to be in this X-Force via production art of some sort?

I hope they're riffing off Kris Anka's costume designs, because nobody's done those better.

I'd like Storm & Psylocke in here, if we could. I don't care if they're the Apocalypse versions, either. Singer did 'em both dirty. Goddard might not.

Great news.
I hope they don't rely on Deadpool too much though. His jokes don't play as well when he's part of a team unless he's used very sparingly. Still, the X-Men spin-offs continue to look very promising.

Wait, didn't we already have an idea as to who Fox wanted to be in this X-Force via production art of some sort?

I hope they're riffing off Kris Anka's costume designs, because nobody's done those better.

I'd like Storm & Psylocke in here, if we could. I don't care if they're the Apocalypse versions, either. Singer did 'em both dirty. Goddard might not.

Think we got pretty much fan art from one of the writers from the 2015's version of the script's friends.

So should be expect a mixture of the OG team and the Uncanny (Remender) team ? That's what I'd hope for as a huge fan of the Remender run.

Prompto

Banned

X-Force-concept-art.jpg

This is from when the dude who directed Kick-Ass 2 was directing X-Force.

Have a feeling it's gonna be called Deadpool and the X-Force or Deadpool: X-Force. Gotta have that name recognition to appeal to the mainstream.

I would just make X-Force the cast of Deadpool 2 + Psylocke & Fantomex.

So:

Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Colossus
Psylocke
Fantomex

I'd swap out Colossus for Storm.

Maybe we should give Multiple Man another shot?

edit: There's no way Goddard asks for, much less gets, Mangold's version of X-23, much less gets to REINTRODUCE HER after that movie.

Upgrade from his Sinister Six gig. Good choice.

Going from Sony to Fox is most certainly an upgrade.

I honestly haven't seen The Cabin in the Woods or anything else Drew Goddard has directed (has he directed anything else?). So I can't really comment on this news. But hey, I am all for more R-Rated Weapon-X Cinematic Universe.

Slayven

So:

Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Colossus
Psylocke
Fantomex

edit: There's no way Goddard asks for, much less gets, Mangold's version of X-23, much less gets to REINTRODUCE HER after that movie.
Switch out pslocke for Feral

Will they reintroduce Wolverine here?

X-Force Deadpool is my favorite Deadpool for sure, because his moments where he shows his humanity are so well done. Remender struck a good balance with the character.

Same here and it's not even close. Hell, in a way you might say Remender ruined the character for me as everything I've seen Deadpool in after that X-Force run has been known to make me cringe.

So:

Cable
Deadpool
Domino
Colossus
Psylocke
Fantomex

Swap Fantomex for NTW and you probably have the team unless they pull people from New Mutants.

ZeroX03

Banned
Cabin in the Woods was solid and his two episodes of Daredevil might be the strongest in Marvel TV. Hope this gets made so he finally gets his the superhero directing credit he's badly wanted.

MisterHero

The world was is too pure for a Reynolds DP and Jackedman Wolvie buddy movie

a good one anyways

can we at least have Wolvie's adamantium skeleton cameo?

Nah Ahab

98630-173110-ahab.jpg

or Cameron Hodge
2100116-cameron_hodge_karma_x_men_legacy_235.jpg

I'm not talking about the main antagonist, I mean the guys that you fight in the first half, but team up with by the end, like Colossus and NTW in the first Deadpool movie.

It's a Marvel tradition that can't be ignored.

They can have Tolliver and Stryfe be the actual bad guys.

People still salty about Beatz' hair, smh

Don't worry, it's just cosmetic anxiety.

Slayven

I'm not talking about the main antagonist, I mean the guys that you fight in the first half, but team up with by the end, like Colossus and NTW in the first Deadpool movie.

It's a Marvel tradition that can't be ignored.

They can have Tolliver and Stryfe be the actual bad guys.

Tolliver wouldn't needed. But Stryfe would be fun. The stinger could be the Dark Beast and Nate grey showing up.

Goddard is a good solid choice, and it would be nice if he directed another film as well. It's been five years, and while writing is fine, I'd like to see him try more. Certainly he's a better choice then whoever Fox would probably want to make the film.

I doubt if. If anything I expect Deadpool to try & top the first in terms of fourth wall breaking or something.

Top Bottom