• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freedom Wars - Import |OT| War, what is it good for? A HOVERBOARD!!!!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
I really dont think so, I think Sony wanted the game out as soon as possible.

there is even less proof of that than the producers general attitude of things initially like with pretending there were not any issues.

the overall package of the game while you get your $$$ worth its pieced together in a haphazard fashion that it shows they were not too sure what direction to go in. including how the weapons functioned in general and end game contents.

the story and scenario paints itself into a corner and they will be losing a large unique feature with an expansion of what goes on with any sort of continuing plot.

all of these here and more which do exist point more towards a lack of clear direction than a title that was rushed. as its not that the title is a buggy mess which is a good sign of a rushed title since most issues are waived instead of addressed.

even the best player was highly concerned about various issues with the title. those hilarious time trials were to show that something indeed was broken with the game thengot bugged so much thats why they made the post lf how to create the barbara. they didnt write those thoughts on the blog but heard about it from someone i know thats personal friends with them.

Soulhouf

there is even less proof of that than the producers general attitude of things initially like with pretending there were not any issues.

the overall package of the game while you get your $$$ worth its pieced together in a haphazard fashion that it shows they were not too sure what direction to go in. including how the weapons functioned in general and end game contents.

the story and scenario paints itself into a corner and they will be losing a large unique feature with an expansion of what goes on with any sort of continuing plot.

all of these here and more which do exist point more towards a lack of clear direction than a title that was rushed. as its not that the title is a buggy mess which is a good sign of a rushed title since most issues are waived instead of addressed.

even the best player was highly concerned about various issues with the title. those hilarious time trials were to show that something indeed was broken with the game thengot bugged so much thats why they made the post lf how to create the barbara. they didnt write those thoughts on the blog but heard about it from someone i know thats personal friends with them.

That's very true. I think what made things worse is the fact that the game was developed by 3 different studios. Things tend to go out of control under these conditions. While the deadline and the specifications in general must've been respected, there were many non critical issues here and there resulting to an unpolished and unfinished product.

I think the game's director(s) is to blame as well for the poorly thought out game design and the lack of game balance.

Is Masami Yamamoto the producer ?

Parakeetman

That's very true. I think what made things worse is the fact that the game was developed by 3 different studios. Things tend to go out of control under these conditions. While the deadline and the specifications in general must've been respected, there were many non critical issues here and there resulting to an unpolished and unfinished product.

I think the game's director(s) is to blame as well for the poorly thought out game design and the lack of game balance.

Is Masami Yamamoto the producer ?

Basically as I had initially stated this is a prime example of too many chefs in the kitchen. Lack of real leadership and direction caused the project to shotgun all over the place with its design and it shows. The only thing consistent was the art style really.

Junichi Yoshizawa is the producer.

The melee system totally felt like it was designed by someone who has little to no concept of how it should actually function in this type of genre, with the overly flashy / useless animations that waste far too much time vs. how the game actually plays on top of the enemy design and their movement patterns. Along with the other idiotic decision of having to stop to do your weapons charge attack, which wouldnt be so bad if it did not take so goddamned long. Asides from sawing off parts, melee in general totally feels like an after thought.

baekshi

Banned

But the game wasn't even finished when it released, they had patches planned to bring in. I really think it was rushed by SCE, maybe game was cut in pieces to make possibly a room for the expansion version... I don't know, whatever it is... It wasn't finished and SCE put it out. The producer did get the concept of game right, the setting, - futuristic android companion, imprisonment wars, fighting for freedom, the ideal online component fighting across cities/prefectures.. etc. The balance issue should be game designers fault also which I believe Dimps did it. Something obviously felt apart with development team. But ultimately it's producers if he knew game was this bad when it launched but SCE could have got it rushed out also...

This game started development in 2011. By that, I mean the planning (not programming).

Things in the game points to them banking on the social aspects of the game - something you cannot do successfully if your game does not have any longevity.

The entire thing was done as if it was an F2P game. Grindy, real-life timers, randomness on a major element of the game, "event" missions. All/most of these help extend the life of the game.
Which is ironic considering how low used copies have gotten.

And those updates you were talking about stands more as a "feature update", rather than as a "we didn't finish this in time". Which aligns to the "extend longetivity" they're trying to pull..

The only real one valid was the infrastracture mode, since that should have been in the game from the beginning. And do take note that it wasn't even the main focus of the (original) two planned updates: Update 1: PvP and Update 2: Ideology Warfare. They only later slapped "Update 1" unto online infra and packaged both PvP and Ideology onto "Update 2" right before they released 2.

Oh, while we're still on producers, I am actually quite vague on what exactly they do in gaming, but I know that they can get very involved in the game down to the finer features. I at least know that Terada Takanobu was doing game design decisions for their game.

Soulhouf

Oh, while we're still on producers, I am actually quite vague on what exactly they do in gaming, but I know that they can get very involved in the game down to the finer features. I at least know that Terada Takanobu was doing game design decisions for their game.

They don't only make sure that the game is produced as planned i.a. respects the specs, budget and schedule.
They usually have the final word on the decisions regarding the game itself such as the game design, characters, music...

Parakeetman

to answer this quickly a good producer is the glue that holds a project together and is literally everywhere at all times making sure all things with each section are going according to schedule. they are also the ones who deal directly with sony, microsoft, nintendo etc. its a pretty tough job as the project rests heavily on your shoulders.

baekshi

Banned
Remember back in November when they said up to 8 players, and 16 with accessories. That never happened until PvP patch.

Soulhouf

Are there people who are still playing the Japanese version here?
I would like to try some co-op and platinum the game while I'm at it, since I spent so much time playing this game.

Parakeetman

Are there people who are still playing the Japanese version here?
I would like to try some co-op and platinum the game while I'm at it, since I spent so much time playing this game.

unfortunately do not think that many people here are esp since the eng ver came out. (´д`|||)

Soulhouf

By the way, every time I want to play online, I'm redirected to the PS Store and the game asks me to enter the online pass. And of course the online pass I have doesn't work because this is my american account.
Didn't one of the last updates remove the online pass?

baekshi

Banned
By the way, every time I want to play online, I'm redirected to the PS Store and the game asks me to enter the online pass. And of course the online pass I have doesn't work because this is my american account.
Didn't one of the last updates remove the online pass?

That's for the English version only, not the Japanese version.

Soulhouf

Tell you more about what? I don't know what trophy you're trying to get but they are no online trophies. The game came without online also.

These 2:
新たなる仲間
これぞ共闘だ!

Top Bottom