• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

This game is the ultimate " I can survive a horror movie" simulator.

Teleport grab needs to be nerfed.. its way too cheap. Teleport cooldown is fine.

Looking for PSN people to play with I'm in game I haven't had any problems signing in so if anybody else is in feel free to add me.

PSN : xxRONN1Nxx

Bizzquik

Just logged into the server on Xbox. The game has been searching for a session for 11 minutes.

Is there a game here, or just an interesting main menu...?

Perks don't work right? I've tried firecracker one at the start of the game and map and both give me nothing. Is it safe to assume no perks work? On PC btw.

I only started the game up a few minutes ago and ran into a bug / poor design choice. If you bring up the guide on Xbox One then it will cancel the matchmaking.

Xater

I feel like this has some nice ideas but that it doesn't quite hang together and some of the mechanics end up feeling redundant. Or, at least, that the game doesn't do a very good job of showing you how some of them work.

For example, fear. At the moment it seems such a nebulous mechanic and I can't quite fathom the impact it actually has. You have perks like 'fear decreases 16% faster when in a hiding place'. Ok, but I'll be damned if I can tell when my character is scared or not apart from if they scream when they see Jason or a dead body. I'm not sure I would know when to go hide to decrease my fear because I can't really tell when I'm scared.

The hiding places in general feel like...why would you bother? The amount of time you can hold your breath for is small. I hardly see anyone use them because it feels like too big a risk compared to just keeping moving.

In all the games I've played I've never once seen the police get called. In fact, I've never even seen the first step of that objective be completed. I feel like it must be too opaque or difficult to how to get it started which is why it always seems to revolve around the car or the boat.

I think it just doesn't quite give enough feedback to the player, especially the counsellors, as to why they should use, or even care about, certain mechanics. On the surface it's interesting that being in the dark and alone causes more fear than being in a lit room with other people but the fact that after several hours I couldn't really quantify the difference in gameplay terms is a failure on the part of the game.

There's fun to be had for sure but I think it needs quite a bit of work at a fairly fundamental level.

The faces show fear. Fear is more relevant to Jason because you make more noise, and it becomes easier for him to find you.

I have had multiple games in which the police was called. If you find the fuse it's not really hard.

catspit

I don't have the game... but can't you guys on PS4 create a game with a set group? (Private match)
would solve some issues... not sure if possible or not on the PS4, but you can on PC.

ron_bato

Anybody playing in South East Asia know if they have servers in the region?

I want to buy but not sure if the nearest servers are in asia or australia.

Jacqli

I feel like this has some nice ideas but that it doesn't quite hang together and some of the mechanics end up feeling redundant. Or, at least, that the game doesn't do a very good job of showing you how some of them work.

For example, fear. At the moment it seems such a nebulous mechanic and I can't quite fathom the impact it actually has. You have perks like 'fear decreases 16% faster when in a hiding place'. Ok, but I'll be damned if I can tell when my character is scared or not apart from if they scream when they see Jason or a dead body. I'm not sure I would know when to go hide to decrease my fear because I can't really tell when I'm scared.

The hiding places in general feel like...why would you bother? The amount of time you can hold your breath for is small. I hardly see anyone use them because it feels like too big a risk compared to just keeping moving.

In all the games I've played I've never once seen the police get called. In fact, I've never even seen the first step of that objective be completed. I feel like it must be too opaque or difficult to how to get it started which is why it always seems to revolve around the car or the boat.

I think it just doesn't quite give enough feedback to the player, especially the counsellors, as to why they should use, or even care about, certain mechanics. On the surface it's interesting that being in the dark and alone causes more fear than being in a lit room with other people but the fact that after several hours I couldn't really quantify the difference in gameplay terms is a failure on the part of the game.

There's fun to be had for sure but I think it needs quite a bit of work at a fairly fundamental level.
The problem is that you cannot see how Jason works until you are lucky (or unlucky :p) to control him. I remember in one match that Jason's music suddenly stopped and one of my teammates was like "I think he is gone" and I was pretty sure he was using stalk (and I was right), but my teammate probably did not play as him (I have only played one match as him though). In DBD, however, you decide when you want to try a side (because the tutorials for both games could improve).

When you have high fear, you cannot see the minimap and your stamina either. And the screen goes darker. And you are more vulnerable against Jason. So it is quite important, but I agree with you, I know several things from watching streams.

And hiding is good depending on the composure of the character, because some counselors might say "OH MY GOD HE IS HERE" and others remain silent.

This game is the absolute shit. It reminds me so much of Resident Evil Outbreak. All of the coop options, the variety of ways to complete your objectives, the teamwork involved. Like some of the scenarios that pop up are just golden. I was just in a game where a rogue teammate drove half the team over, while I snuck in the back seat and we ran off to victory.

I'm also enjoying rolling counsellor perks right now, I've yet to find anything really good though. I'm sticking with Deborah Kim so far.

Had a great party group that met up in a match. After we were booted out of a game we decided to group up and stood together for 2 hours. At one point we pulled a Judas on a random person in our match who was hiding in a tent. One of our guys lured Jason over to him and had him pulled out of the tent in a sleeping bag and killed. We could not stop laughing at how messed up that was. Really fun game for sure.

HiiiLife

I'm hoping this game has longevity. Played for about 9 hours today. More maps would be nice. People are already figuring out how to cheese Jason with certain counselors.

I'm hoping this game has longevity. Played for about 9 hours today. More maps would be nice. People are already figuring out how to cheese Jason with certain counselors.

Wasn't the game in early access for months?

You'd think the cheese/opcounselors/bugs would have been fixed by now

HiiiLife

Does PS4 not have a group finder like Xbox?

That's been clutch for finding matches all afternoon for me. Added a few people too.

Just had two people get very upset at me when I was Jason. It funny picking people up and having then talk shit to Jason as he's killing them.

One of them was some guy who made us wait for ten minutes the prior round while he hid under bed, so that felt good.

HiiiLife

Oh no... is that a thing? Worse yet, I'm not sure the game is even big enough to have nimble moderation...

I've played Overwatch and Siege a lot this generation. And I mean a lot. Since they launched. I can probably count on one hand the times I've dealt with racist players regarding both games.

I've started playing this game today and in the few hours I've invested I already heard numerous lynching jokes for black people, or why certain characters look like dirty Mexicans. This is only the first day lol.

Guess Jason just attracts these assholes.

I've played Overwatch and Siege a lot this generation. And I mean a lot. Since they launched. I can probably count on one hand the times I've dealt with racist players regarding both games.

I've started playing this game today and in the few hours I've invested I already heard numerous lynching jokes for black people, or why certain characters look like dirty Mexicans. This is only the first day lol.

Guess Jason just attracts these assholes.

Should have bought the game on PS4, we back in the 80s, no voice chat. Woohoo.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Someone almost called the cops but Jason got them. When I managed to get back to the phone, it was floating and flailing in the air. Dammit!

Top Bottom