• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

could you explain why ?? i'm still not sure if i want to buy it, i love the it's idea because it's unique and i haven't played anything like it

For me it's worth $40 but if you haven't purchased it already I would hold off until things are fixed. At least on PC servers are borked, it's a toss up if you get CP at the end of matches to roll new perks, perks themselves haven't worked a single time for me, or your progress(including unlocked characters) might just disappear.

Fun game but with significant issues currently.

xviper

For me it's worth $40 but if you haven't purchased it already I would hold off until things are fixed. At least on PC servers are borked, it's a toss up if you get CP at the end of matches to roll new perks, perks themselves haven't worked a single time for me, or your progress(including unlocked characters) might just disappear.

Fun game but with significant issues currently.

i'm really bored and want anything to keep me waiting for Tekken 7, and this game seems very fun for me, but i'm afraid of the connection issues

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
It's just the damnedest thing. The beta ran great. My PC is plenty strong to run this at 4k. Jason is such a huge character in my life, too. I wanted, really wanted, this to knock my socks off like the beta did.

I don't know how, in my opinion, they could drop the ball so entirely. I uninstalled Nvidia Experience, manually deleted my driver, and manually installed the latest, all to no effect. Still doesn't matter if I'm playing in 4k or 640x480, epic detail or lowest, I get between 9 and 30 fps.

Clearly they have technical ability due to the beta, and a real love of the source material. I hope they get their shit together. I know most people aren't having bad performance like I am, but it's super bad.

CREMSteve

Does anyone want to try a private match on PS4 to mess around a bit and try things out? Just post your psn id and I'll fire you an invite.

ksdixon

Is this game region locked on PS4 digital?

I (UK) cannot invite my friend (USA) to my party lobby. She cannot add me either. We both get a ''View In PStore'' menu instead.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

kodecraft

I am really enjoying the game, there are several times where I am actually feeling stressed out. Like when the killer was breaking beds and I was hiding under one, but he missed that one so I got up, use my flare gun and the time run out. I was like holy shiiiiit. And the voice chat is also really funny (when people are willing to talk).

The killer's name is Jason, put some respek on it. This ain't Dead By Daylight. Just sayin'

H1PSTER

I'm not sure why but after playing 200+ hours of DBD this game didn't click with me.

I love the voice chat, I hate dying in 4 seconds.

CryptiK

could you explain why ?? i'm still not sure if i want to buy it, i love the it's idea because it's unique and i haven't played anything like it
Its gameplay loop isn't anything exciting it ends up being so much of the same and does have some "flair". Not sure how to explain it, it just gets boring quick.

groansey

Jason is difficult to play but his move sets are clear and slick, whereas the counselor gameplay needs a lot of work, the movement is too restrictive, should be able to go prone and vault over things.

Item searching cabins is mostly dull and fruitless if you dont have mic-play with others. Most drawers are empty and the interiors are straight out of an early 00's game. Some client-side incidental item physics wouldn't hurt.
Also instead of having a single fuel can to fuel for the car, why not have lots dotted about with different volumes and the players need to fill up the car past a certain point to use -
I know it wouldnt be realistic, but it would give counselors more to do. Maybe allow counselors to push/pull furniture to block doors, force them to push the boat into the water.

It feel like devs focused a lot on the Jason game, but I hope future updates bring major revisions to how the counselor games play out.

gafneo

Banned
This game and Player's Unknown make me never want to play standard death match multiplayer again. Who would have guessed a mindless slasher movie would be so thought provoking as a game?

Laieon

It's just the damnedest thing. The beta ran great. My PC is plenty strong to run this at 4k. Jason is such a huge character in my life, too. I wanted, really wanted, this to knock my socks off like the beta did.

I don't know how, in my opinion, they could drop the ball so entirely. I uninstalled Nvidia Experience, manually deleted my driver, and manually installed the latest, all to no effect. Still doesn't matter if I'm playing in 4k or 640x480, epic detail or lowest, I get between 9 and 30 fps.

Clearly they have technical ability due to the beta, and a real love of the source material. I hope they get their shit together. I know most people aren't having bad performance like I am, but it's super bad.

Complete opposite here. The beta ran absolutely terrible on my machine, release is running smooth as butter.

Milly79

Seems like first to die plays Jarvis? Happened to me a few times last night that way.

One time I was the last alive and hid under a bed for 5+ mins. Jason cased the house and never found me. I wouldn't recommend this strat. People get pissed off.

Also has anyone has an issue going into a game and the screen is entirely black and you can't do anything at all aside from quit?

groansey

I feel like playing as the counselor is kind of a grind. I have to run around and memorize the map before I can think of strategies, while as Jason it's pretty clear what you have to do and can work on a method to improve.

Yeah this is what the devs really need to focus on (besides bugs). The counselor game is dull, partly because movement is so janky. Like, I get these characters aren't adept fighters, but vaulting, dodging, lock-on melee are all mechanics that should be introduced, at least as unlockable perks. Then they need to focus on giving them more to do.

Seems like first to die plays Jarvis? Happened to me a few times last night that way.

One time I was the last alive and hid under a bed for 5+ mins. Jason cased the house and never found me. I wouldn't recommend this strat. People get pissed off.

Also has anyone has an issue going into a game and the screen is entirely black and you can't do anything at all aside from quit?

Once two people die you have a 50/50 chance to spawn as Jarvis.

Anyone know how to get perks to work on PC? Still can't get my freaking starting map. No matter how many times I log in and out.

I, for one, gladly sacrifice myself for the greater good if I'm around someone without a pocket knife/stun weapon and I do.

Makes me feel like a badass hero. Bring it, Jason!

Milly79

Once two people die you have a 50/50 chance to spawn as Jarvis.

Anyone know how to get perks to work on PC? Still can't get my freaking starting map. No matter how many times I log in and out.

Unsure how to get it to work. I have crap perks and the only one I know that worked was double spray. My buddy has walkie on spawn and he always has it.

Last night I was searching a cabin with another person who got caught and was getting strangled by Jason, I saw them through a window on the other side of a cabin and shot him with the gun I found to save them. He dropped her and we both got away - felt great! Also the animation for jumping through a window and breaking it is the best thing ever.

jtrov

Last night I was searching a cabin with another person who got caught and was getting strangled by Jason, I saw them through a window on the other side of a cabin and shot him with the gun I found to save them. He dropped her and we both got away - felt great! Also the animation for jumping through a window and breaking it is the best thing ever.

Saving someone is an awesome feeling indeed. My ideal rescue weapon is the flare gun since it seems to give a fair amount of exp.

Had a great rescue moment where we were on the verge of escaping by car, but Jason teleported right before us and disabled the car. I got out and flared him while another person started wailing on him with a bat and knocked him out. Though the driver didn't bother waiting for us as he sped off leaving us to die lol. We stood tall, but damn was it disheartening to be so close yet so far.

Felt good to finally log in with out issues this morning. Hope that's the case later tonight too.

Wow, I made a boat escape with literal split second timing. I filled it with gas as Jason was walking towards me, then I let off fire crackers buying me enough time to rev the engine, and literally as soon as he went to grab me I just started to ride off. My heart was beating so fast lol

CREMSteve

Wow, I made a boat escape with literaleral split second timing. I filled it with gas as Jason was walking towards me, then I let off fire crackers buying me enough time to rev the engine, and literally as soon as he went to grab me I just started to ride off. My heart was beating so fast lol
Game is full of moments like this, I love it.

They really need to allow you to disarm Jason's traps. As Spear Jason and spawning with 5 traps you pretty much win the game by just trapping the phone, the car and the boat. Then when a counselor sets it off you port and immediately kill. There's no gameplay there. There has to be some give and take. If you're going to allow Jason to see boats and cars moving on the map and informing him when people fail repair checks you can't give him items that allow him to basically camp an area.

They just added way too much to Jason's kit and barely gave anything to counselors to balance it out for gameplay purposes.

They really need to allow you to disarm Jason's traps. As Spear Jason and spawning with 5 traps you pretty much win the game by just trapping the phone, the car and the boat. Then when a counselor sets it off you port and immediately kill. There's no gameplay there. There has to be some give and take. If you're going to allow Jason to see boats and cars moving on the map and informing him when people fail repair checks you can't give him items that allow him to basically camp an area.

They just added way too much to Jason's kit and barely gave anything to counselors to balance it out for gameplay purposes.

You can disarm his traps with a pocket knife, and you can get a perk that lets you start with one, too.

You can disarm his traps with a pocket knife, and you can get a perk that lets you start with one, too.

How do you disarm with the pocket knife? I had two and the prompt never came up. Unless you mean you walk into one and it consumes your pocket knife? And does it alert Jason when you disarm it?

Top Bottom