• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

Tinman dX

Banned
Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

Yeah but when you get in a lobby with a bunch of people that are Bugsy and think they are gonna reverse the role and chase you and try and beat Jason down it's hilarious to put them in their place and block everything and rip their jaws off

Does it seem like the placement of certain items in the maps have changed? I'm finding the shotgun and flare guns in spots that I've never seen them in before the patch.

halfbeast

Banned
Does it seem like the placement of certain items in the maps have changed? I'm finding the shotgun and flare guns in spots that I've never seen them in before the patch.

where did you find them? I've found a shotgun in one of the bigger cabins, but don't think I've found a flare gun in an unusual spot.

where did you find them? I've found a shotgun in one of the bigger cabins, but don't think I've found a flare gun in an unusual spot.
I recently found the flare gun on a nightstand in the 2nd floor of the big cabin at packanack lodge. Previously I found it on a desk by the gun on the couch on the first floor of the cabin.

halfbeast

Banned
NtXFNSN.gif

sYx4lkd.jpg

h773rPZ.jpg

2590922-3988854157-kqz1p.gif

x5ynn7h.jpg

8873e4657e134bc866ae829b9209c429.gif

(she's bi)

Nudull

Banned
Here's a strategy I haven't seen before until tonight; using one of the cars to block the only door on a cabin. Kind of a waste of resources, but hey. :p

Played my first couple games earlier. Didn't do so hot as counselor, but my lone Jason run went very well. I'm a bit disappointed there seems to be few people communicating on PS4, but I'm guessing some GAF games may fix that issue.

SuperPac

Played my first couple games earlier. Didn't do so hot as counselor, but my lone Jason run went very well. I'm a bit disappointed there seems to be few people communicating on PS4, but I'm guessing some GAF games may fix that issue.

It definitely does or there's a PS4 Community just about finding games - if you use that system you can usually find a good group that is talking on mic. Feel free to add me - name's the same as my GAF name.

I had a stunning counselor streak this evening in my last game of the night - https://twitter.com/superpac/status/878820491125035008

Game is hot fire. Even when things go wrong, it's so much fun.

Here's a strategy I haven't seen before until tonight; using one of the cars to block the only door on a cabin. Kind of a waste of resources, but hey. :p

I'm so fucking doing this tonight with a 2 seater but I have to make sure it's against a vocal Jason. Can't wait for the WTF?!?

Yeah but when you get in a lobby with a bunch of people that are Bugsy and think they are gonna reverse the role and chase you and try and beat Jason down it's hilarious to put them in their place and block everything and rip their jaws off

Oh yeah for sure. Block in Combat Stance all the melee hits you can and watch that Rage Meter increase like crazy. Especially when Counselors try to gangbang your ass. Using Combat Stance to block Flares or Fireworks is kinda cheap though. I can see them not doing anything about the Flare issue but it makes zero sense that you can just walk into a Firework going off while holding Block and it not stun you.

It definitely does or there's a PS4 Community just about finding games - if you use that system you can usually find a good group that is talking on mic. Feel free to add me - name's the same as my GAF name.

I had a stunning counselor streak this evening in my last game of the night - https://twitter.com/superpac/status/878820491125035008

Game is hot fire. Even when things go wrong, it's so much fun.

Nice video. Holy shit at that AJ grab at ~58 seconds. Grabbing is so fucking broken.

This game really is toxic in quick play. Good lord.

tell me about it though I've been lucky tbh. I was playing the last game as jason and some guy kept shouting homophobic slurs at me. Felt good when I got him and simply told him goodbye to which he replied with another slur. Post game, same guy was ranting that "this jason was a F*****" and shit like that. I've had other games similar to that experience.

We had a legit jason kill on progress and I was the one who f'd it up. My shame knows no end. I thought during the sweater diff someone else pops Jason since you can't move. I didn't know to swing right after the words finished. Fuuuuuu!
Just had the same thing happen. Our Jason was afk the whole match. Just bought it yesterday and a guy was walking me through. I was Tommy. "Just whack him after he falls on his knees." Sounds simple enough, he clearly knows what he's doing, easy trophy time.

Dude hits Jason the second the sweater disappears, cancels the whole thing 😂

This game is hilarious and a lot of fun. Played all day and outside of a dying-10-seconds-into-the-gane marathon where I played 5 minutes in 1 hour, I had a ton of fun. Been hosting, so no communication errors. Don't regret buying this at all.

Pilgrimzero

Had my first run in with a Jason helped and team killer. Even worse he came back as Tommy.

Tommy shot me with Jason standing next to him and he and a few others started laughing.

Thanks for wasting my time you chuckle fucks.

Played off and on throughout the day. Ended up finding a lobby with a bunch of newish people that were super nice. We were having a bunch of fun and while I'm not good by any means, I was having fun teaching them things.

Then I got Jason. Was going through smashing people and kind of felt bad when all of a sudden I shift with stalk and sense up. Game froze. I will miss my friends.

Durock

Had a couple of hilarious moments earlier. One guy and the Jason player decided they were going to team up for some reason. So Jason is right on top of me and another player as we run into a cabin. On opposite end of the cabin, the Jason helper is climbing in through a window. The player I'm with shoots and kills the Jason helper, takes his weapon from his dead body and the two of us high tail it out the window.

We're both rushing towards another cabin with Jason still right on our asses, we make it inside via an open door and I'm screaming "we need to close the door! Close the door!" I turn around to close and the player I'm with comes rushing by me to also close the door, but I'm already closing it as he's getting there and he incidentally runs outside while I'm closing it and Jason grabs him. I hear his death gargles as I'm locking the door lol

I felt so bad afterwards but man was it hilarious. To top it off, my character was the bigger counselor and the other player's screaming "never trust the fat guy! Never trust the fat guy!" as he's being strangled to death. Haha

Naar

So I am looking into this or Dead by daylight for PS4.

I heard both have bugs and technical issues, but are great to play when everything works? Did they fix issues with either game? Which should I get? Friday the 13th or Dead by Daylight?

Any major differences between the 2? Based on what I saw, I think I will like F13 more

Umbooki

Any preferences for Jason or counselors? I used to play Vanessa or Jenny, but now I'm almost exclusively AJ. The repair, composure, and stealth combination gives me a lot to work with and leads to a lot of tense moments.

Bagman Jason is my go-to right now despite his goofy appearance.

pitchfork

So what's everyone's favourite Jason kill?

I love the part 6 Jason fishing spear kill when he plants it in the ground and slowly impales the players head on it! glorious : )

arimanius

So I am looking into this or Dead by daylight for PS4.

I heard both have bugs and technical issues, but are great to play when everything works? Did they fix issues with either game? Which should I get? Friday the 13th or Dead by Daylight?

Any major differences between the 2? Based on what I saw, I think I will like F13 more

Worth the $40 on ps4?

I've had F13 for a little bit now and I just bought DBD this morning on the PS4. I love F13 when it works and the players in the game arent being dicks. So if you have friends to play with its completely worth $40. If you have to play quick play then the game can be toxic as hell and completely not fun. I got tired of losing connections and dealing with team killers and Jason helpers so that's why I bought DBD this morning.

HiiiLife

Yeah I wouldn't do it though because it breaks the game as Jason even more. Just like Combat Stancing the doors, there really is no need. It's just one more thing that makes the match even more lopsided. Counselors need things to be able to use against Jason and actually create distance. It's pretty easy to juke the shots and avoid the firecrackers anyways.

How does it break the game when it's one of the hints in the loading screens? Lol. I think a person parking a car in front of one door cabin is breaking the game and doing something developers didn't intend.

I've had F13 for a little bit now and I just bought DBD this morning on the PS4. I love F13 when it works and the players in the game arent being dicks. So if you have friends to play with its completely worth $40. If you have to play quick play then the game can be toxic as hell and completely not fun. I got tired of losing connections and dealing with team killers and Jason helpers so that's why I bought DBD this morning.
This prompts another question then. DBD goes on the same premise of F13, correct? Any major differences at first glance?

HiiiLife

But does it work? - all f13 players (especially Xbox)

arimanius

This prompts another question then. DBD goes on the same premise of F13, correct? Any major differences at first glance?

I'll quote iced eagle since he helped me understand the differences.

They are mechanically very different even though the premise sounds the same. To summarize what I'll type below, in essence DBD is a hide and seek game. F13 is a scavenger hunt under pressure.

DBD are quick games in relatively small maps, with a single objective of start the generators. Easy to pick up, good amount of progression and stuff, good amount of variety but it's not an overly deep game IMO (can be positive or negative to each person!). You also don't need mics most of the time. It's fun, but is pretty much a game of hide and seek.

F13 has a lot more things to do. More items, more objectives (call tommy, call the police, repair the boat or repair one of two cars being the big ones) and the maps are much larger. F13 is more of a scavenger hunt type of game, and has some hide and seek elements, but not as strong as DBD. It's lacking in enemy/map variety compared to DBD as well, but I imagine with DLC in the future, that's going to change just as it did for DBD. The other big aspect is teamwork is pretty much required with an emphasis on voice chat.

I'm a fan of DBD. Owned it for a while. In my opinion, DBD is the better game right now. F13 has the most potential, but needs more polish and content before it can take that top spot in my mind. In a lot of ways, F13 is where DBD was when it launched a year ago so I'm curious how it will improve over the next few months.

But does it work? - all f13 players (especially Xbox)

For me it was a bad weekend of not being able to connect. Once in the game I say it works 75% of the time but the community is getting pretty toxic so it's getting worse IMO. Get some friends or a steady group to play with and your golden. This is all on the PS4. Not sure how the connection issues are on Xbox.

Had my first run in with a Jason helped and team killer. Even worse he came back as Tommy.

Tommy shot me with Jason standing next to him and he and a few others started laughing.

I saw you on last night and I was going to send you an invite, but I thought you might be in a private match.

There are certain things I like better about DBD, but overall I think F13 is the more entertaining game, especially if you have a good group of people to play with. Mic usage is a must.

Spman2099

I am running into more and more collusion. Unfortunately, it is quickly getting to the point where quickplay is becoming unviable.

Has anybody here made a PS4 community page?

I started one recently named "Crystal Lake Camp Counselors".

I play with a small group of friends who all have mics. We kept meeting people here and there who had mics and weren't douchebags so I'm now trying to collect those people.

Feel free to send a request and just put that you are from NeoGaf. Maybe we can grow this thing.

ryan13ts

Everyother game someone or a group of people are killing other players or helping Jason. I'm done with this game.

Unfortunately, this game is full of shitheads and morons. That's why I never try quickplay, and only do it with friends or groups that have some basic sense of decency and aren't complete idiots.

Speaking of morons, nothing can ruin this game more than absolute dumbasses who scream important things out next to Jason. "Oh, they're leaving on the boat/car, wait for me!" or "Oh, someone's got the gas/battery, take it to the car" while being chased by Jason has gotten me killed probably more times that being killed by my own mistakes. It's like no one grasps the basic concept he CAN FUCKING HEAR YOU. The worst is when you call them out on it and they'll say "Oh, he would have just found you anyways, it's not my fault"... Stupidity at it's finest.

On the flip side, I've killed countless people as Jason because of morons like this so I guess it balances out... sort of....not really =\

Unfortunately, this game is full of shitheads and morons. That's why I never try quickplay, and only do it with friends or groups that have some basic sense of decency and aren't complete idiots.

Speaking of morons, nothing can ruin this game more than absolute dumbasses who scream important things out next to Jason. "Oh, they're leaving on the boat/car, wait for me!" or "Oh, someone's got the gas/battery, take it to the car" while being chased by Jason has gotten me killed probably more times that being killed by my own mistakes. It's like no one grasps the basic concept he CAN FUCKING HEAR YOU. The worst is when you call them out on it and they'll say "Oh, he would have just found you anyways, it's not my fault"... Stupidity at it's finest.

On the flip side, I've killed countless people as Jason because of morons like this so I guess it balances out... sort of....not really =
I do this sometimes......but it's intentional 😏

"Guys I've got Jason distracted, escape now!!!"

*music stops*

Other players : "shit, Jason stopped the car, get out!"

😄😄😄

yes, I know I'm one of the people that's ruining the game for others but....every man for himself!

jviggy43

On xbox. Still loving getting kicked from games and no xp, and it always has to happen when I get the perfect set up or am about to win.

I am running into more and more collusion. Unfortunately, it is quickly getting to the point where quickplay is becoming unviable.

1. Enter quick play with some fellow GAFfers.
2. Get told someone is helping out Jason and/or betraying people.
3. Grab shotgun or spawn as Tommy.
4. ???
5. Profit.

I was playing a match before bed when I had a Jason and counselor working together. I had just put in the gas to the boat when I notice a guy running past me and saying something. I go to hide and suddenly I have Jason spawn on top of me while the counselor laughed and finished the boat repairs.

Told the three people I was partied up with that I was out, wrote down their names, and slept on it. Came back this morning, found their profiles, joined their match and slaughtered them both with one shotgun blast. Both rage quit. Being level 40 has the benefits of me not caring about XP if it's to take care of assholes.

Spman2099

1. Enter quick play with some fellow GAFfers.
2. Get told someone is helping out Jason and/or betraying people.
3. Grab shotgun or spawn as Tommy.
4. ???
5. Profit.

I was playing a match before bed when I had a Jason and counselor working together. I had just put in the gas to the boat when I notice a guy running past me and saying something. I go to hide and suddenly I have Jason spawn on top of me while the counselor laughed and finished the boat repairs.

Told the three people I was partied up with that I was out, wrote down their names, and slept on it. Came back this morning, found their profiles, joined their match and slaughtered them both with one shotgun blast. Both rage quit. Being level 40 has the benefits of me not caring about XP if it's to take care of assholes.

Playing with GAFers is the solution itself. Generally speaking, I have pretty enjoyable matches when I group with a bunch of them. The only problem is I want to jump in for the odd, quick match. Which is when quickplay is my only real option.

I do this sometimes......but it's intentional ��

"Guys I've got Jason distracted, escape now!!!"

*music stops*

Other players : "shit, Jason stopped the car, get out!"

������

yes, I know I'm one of the people that's ruining the game for others but....every man for himself!

I do this all the time. However, I am usually lying.

"Yeah, don't worry guys, I have Jason tied up. Go NOW!"

Hilariously, people will be responding on the walkie, asking what the hell I am talking about.

Naar

But what about the bugs and technical issues? I heard it was a very buggy game. Is it still or did they fix some things?

I think I need to step away from this game until Host Migration comes around. It's completely and utterly pointless to play unless you have a private group of people to play with. QuickPlay should be nuked.

Since my playtime is pretty limited during the week I don't often get to group up with others in a private too often.

Funny how they launch a double xp weekend when their servers are still problematic. Kept losing connections, couldn't connect to hosts, so my last resort was QuickPlay. And the host left at the 2 minute mark. Ffs

Which game would people recommend, this or dead by daylight?
Before we answer that, couple questions for you:

1) What platform are you playing on?
2) Do you have friends that already play either game?
3) Have you looked at videos for both to see the difference in gameplay between both games?

Personally I prefer F13 a little bit more that DBD but it really depends on the answers to the above questions.

Top Bottom