• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

JRW

Hotfix June 28th - Crash/Achievement/Bug fixes
Just a quick update on a patch that went live overnight;

- Fixed cause of some random mid-game freeze crashes.
- Fixed a memory leak for dedicated servers.
- Forbidding Hunter (Tommy Jarvis) counselor selections.
- Fixed an exploit with crouching back into objects.
- Fixed some achievements not unlocking when playing on dedicated servers.

This should end the Packanack Lodge roof glitch, various map escapes that have been found and you should see far less crashing now that we've localized the major memory leak issues. These updates will be happening for consoles relatively soon, but this should help with those that are getting connection issues.

Let us know how things go!

Source: http://steamcommunity.com/app/438740/discussions/0/2592234299549537403/

And now imagine you are one of these guys who refuses to use a mic in this game and even try to defends it on either the Friday 13th forum or even Neogaf.

That's the point where a round is ruined. A round that is completely ruined because some asshole decided this can be played without a mic and he doesn't need one.
Happens so often.

People using glitches are far more annoying and game ruining in my opinion.

Moofers

And now imagine you are one of these guys who refuses to use a mic in this game and even try to defends it on either the Friday 13th forum or even Neogaf.

That's the point where a round is ruined. A round that is completely ruined because some asshole decided this can be played without a mic and he doesn't need one.
Happens so often.

Deal with it, man. Sometimes people have good reasons for not using a mic. I've played 95% of my games with one, but just last night I did it for the first time because my wife was trying to sleep and I didn't want to move my stuff to another room. It was fine. We don't even have kids yet, so I can imagine what that's like for a lot of people.

I've seen people with microphones do plenty of dumb shit. If you find the keys to the car, go drop them in front of the car. Don't run around holding onto them. The example you cited is exactly why its your job to make a drop at the car as soon as possible. Same thing if you find the gas or a battery or a boat propeller. Take that shit to its destination, don't carry it around until you get killed.

Spman2099

Deal with it, man. Sometimes people have good reasons for not using a mic. I've played 95% of my games with one, but just last night I did it for the first time because my wife was trying to sleep and I didn't want to move my stuff to another room. It was fine. We don't even have kids yet, so I can imagine what that's like for a lot of people.

I've seen people with microphones do plenty of dumb shit. If you find the keys to the car, go drop them in front of the car. Don't run around holding onto them. The example you cited is exactly why its your job to make a drop at the car as soon as possible. Same thing if you find the gas or a battery or a boat propeller. Take that shit to its destination, don't carry it around until you get killed.

Life absolutely gets in the way, and I can understand playing without a mic in these circumstances, but you are still hurting the game for everyone else when you play without a mic. It is a game about communication. It just doesn't work properly when people play without mics.

Moofers

Life absolutely gets in the way, and I can understand playing without a mic in these circumstances, but you are still hurting the game for everyone else when you play without a mic. It is a game about communication. It just doesn't work properly when people play without mics.

While I agree that playing with a mic is best, I've seen a lot of players without them resort to clever methods of communicating. Blinking flashlights are one thing I've seen for calling out useful items. Somebody led me to a battery that way because they had a flare gun and must have recognized I was using the counselor with the highest repair rating.

I don't fault people unless they play like pricks and betray or glitch/cheat. Its just videogames, so try to empathize and if you get half your team with mics, consider that a win.

Kintaco

...I've seen people with microphones do plenty of dumb shit. If you find the keys to the car, go drop them in front of the car. Don't run around holding onto them. The example you cited is exactly why its your job to make a drop at the car as soon as possible. Same thing if you find the gas or a battery or a boat propeller. Take that shit to its destination, don't carry it around until you get killed.
While I agree with the battery and gas unless you have high intelligence (might as well use them), I wouldn't drop the keys only to be screwed over by someone taking off in the car leaving me behind. Now I usually will try and dump off the keys in a cabin if I'm being chased or I'll announce where the keys will be if I'm about to be killed. I try not to be a dick but I'm not going to screw myself over either.

HiiiLife

People using glitches are far more annoying and game ruining in my opinion.

I agree. I party up with my older brother and he has toddlers so we usually just stay in party chat sometimes because people are assholes' telling him to shut the kid up. So easy saying shit like that behind a mic. I don't blame my brother for not wanting to be in a public chat most of the time

JRW

Have to admit over the years Ive always been hesitant with using a mic just out of shyness but F13 has made me more comfortable with the idea and it's a really fun game when everyone is communicating (and isn't an a-hole / betrayer).

I agree. I party up with my older brother and he has toddlers so we usually just stay in party chat sometimes because people are assholes' telling him to shut the kid up. So easy saying shit like that behind a mic. I don't blame my brother for not wanting to be in a public chat most of the time

I mean, if there's a kid crying in the background of a game, it's asinine and annoying. Voice chat should always me push to talk.

HiiiLife

I mean, if there's a kid crying in the background of a game, it's asinine and annoying. Voice chat should always me push to talk.

Im addressing the people who say we're ruining the game if we don't get in game chat, and why we stay in party chat.

And not necessarily crying either. Just kids being kids. Aka loud.

If he wasn't online I'd be in game chat with the lobby.

Majora

God that new glitching through walls trick ruins the game even more than the old glitches did. People running around on roofs and glitching into invisible rooms.

Moofers

God that new glitching through walls trick ruins the game even more than the old glitches did. People running around on roofs and glitching into invisible rooms.

PC patch issued today fixes that. They said the console patch isn't far behind. Hang in there! In the meantime, feel free to snap pictures of players on the roof and tweet them to @Friday13thGame

HiiiLife

Took me a couple minutes to realize a dude glitched into the wall on Crystal Lake. I kept seeing him on the second floor but couldn't figure out what closet he was in, then it dawned on me. So stupid.

kaydigi

I killed 7 of 8 as Jason and as on my way to kill number 8. I received a pm from the last guy saying He was going to crash the game. As soon as I grabbed him he blue screened erroer the game. This was on PS4.

glow

Banned
Got lucky with a fun group in a match I played over the weekend who were experimenting with killing Jason and the guy playing Jason was a good sport and let us kill him. I was playing as Tommy so I got to deliver the final blow. Good shit 😎

For every 10 bad matches in this game there is 1 really fun one that somehow makes up for all the bad.

Think I'm done, loved the game since launch but unlocked anything and every game I play now is full of glitchers, just ruins the game. Once again.. people without mics fine, give me 7 of them all day as long as they don't fucking glitch.

Finally got intentionally team killed today for no reason. Happened early so I just left the game, but man that irked me. I had gas and this Chad fucker offs me because...I locked a door? lol

SpaceHorror

I killed 7 of 8 as Jason and as on my way to kill number 8. I received a pm from the last guy saying He was going to crash the game. As soon as I grabbed him he blue screened erroer the game. This was on PS4.

Tweet an image of the dude's PM to the devs on the game's Twitter account.

Had my first issues with people clipping through the wall today. I still managed to chop one of them through the wall somehow, but two others survived due to it. Glad to hear this is getting fixed.

So the single player apparently plays out differently in that counselors don't know Jason is out there unlike the opening of the MP portion.

Are they allowing us to play as Jason I wonder or basically it's survival like mode with an AI Jason?

Dthomp

Anybody looking to play? Picked it up and want to experience this without all the glitchers and stuff I keep reading about. PSN is Dthomp

This backwards crouching into/through every wall of the game by just hitting the crouch button a few times is unbelievable.
It amazes me how stupidibly easy it is and how long it took to be found by the community.

How can something like this slip through testing?

Sephzilla

This backwards crouching into/through every wall of the game by just hitting the crouch button a few times is unbelievable.
It amazes me how stupidibly easy it is and how long it took to be found by the community.

How can something like this slip through testing?

Because the game was made by like 4 people. And as someone who works in programming (but not game programming, to be specific) it's amazing how many things can actually slip through the cracks even with significant teams. That being said, it's pretty clear that Friday the 13th needed an extra couple of public beta phases and likely needed a console beta as well

Dthomp

Man I need to find a full gaf group to play with, played 2 matches with some people from the F13 community, should have known it'd be trash cause it was almost all young kids, first match they played it with only 4 of us so I barely figured out the controls before Jason finished us all, second game one of the fucks betrayed me instantly with a shotgun because lolwhocaresaboutotherpeoplestime

dubq

Happens so often.
What if I'm mute? Am I still an asshole for wanting to play the game without actually having a voice?

Im addressing the people who say we're ruining the game if we don't get in game chat, and why we stay in party chat.

And not necessarily crying either. Just kids being kids. Aka loud.

If he wasn't online I'd be in game chat with the lobby.

Is still really annoying and not necessary...so I appreciate you staying in party chat. Most people would just stay and be awful.

What if I'm mute? Am I still an asshole for wanting to play the game without actually having a voice?

You can mute yourself as long as you want.
But if you have an important item and you are near one or have a walkie talkie you should tell them what you have immediately and where you are, at least, if nothing else, at least when Jason grabs you and you're about to die, you have more than enough time to tell the others the important facts.

If you don't do that, than yes, you are.

Edit:

Oh did you mean mute like you can't talk at all? No of course not in that case.

Maaaan. Last night in a game everything was going smooth and 3 of us were about to be rescued by police when one counselor turned around and killed us both and he escaped. What a fuck!

HiiiLife

You can mute yourself as long as you want.
But if you have an important item and you are near one or have a walkie talkie you should tell them what you have immediately and where you are, at least, if nothing else, at least when Jason grabs you and you're about to die, you have more than enough time to tell the others the important facts.

If you don't do that, than yes, you are.

Edit:

Oh did you mean mute like you can't talk at all? No of course not in that case.

People also have their own personal agendas. If they're working to guarantee their own survival, and keeping vital information, that's part of the game. As long as they aren't cheating.

jviggy43

Happens so often.
Yep. We need search lobbies that are separate for people with and without mics. Tired of playing with people who don't want to cooperate.

bitbydeath

Happens so often.

I hope they build mics into the controller nextgen.

So is there some kind of exploit now everyone is doing? Three games as jason, everyone just stands by the door as you break it down with a baseball bat. As soon as you break the door, they hit you while you are still in animation, stun you and escape. Every game with different groups, they kept doing this to me.

Literally every game they just stand at the door waiting for it to break to get an auto stun on me

Spman2099

So is there some kind of exploit now everyone is doing? Three games as jason, everyone just stands by the door as you break it down with a baseball bat. As soon as you break the door, they hit you while you are still in animation, stun you and escape. Every game with different groups, they kept doing this to me.

Literally every game they just stand at the door waiting for it to break to get an auto stun on me

Use your combat stance to break down the door and back away after you swing. That should make the timing FAR harder.

Finn

Is that an exploit though? When I get cornered in a house, I try to hide behind a door or a wall and as soon as Jason comes around, I swing at him. Sometimes I stun him, sometimes I just get grabbed and killed, but that just seems like good strategy and something that actually happens in the movies.

Spman2099

Is that an exploit though? When I get cornered in a house, I try to hide behind a door or a wall and as soon as Jason comes around, I swing at him. Sometimes I stun him, sometimes I just get grabbed and killed, but that just seems like good strategy and something that actually happens in the movies.

You are playing the game right. That is not an exploit.

jviggy43

Put a trap down on the door or around the windows. That way even if you get stunned you can still snag a counselor.

HiiiLife

Not an exploit or a glitch. Just taking advantage of the shitty animations and cool down times lol.

Sephzilla

I actually just go into combat stance and take out doors that way as Jason. Seems a little faster to me and you're also not caught in the animation

SuperPac

Just seems crazy unfair as you are stuck in animation of walking through the door once it breaks and can't do anything as Jason, so it's a free hit for counselors

This seems to fall into one of those minor annoyances like counselors having a ton of pocket knives where yes, you're right, it seems weighted towards them but Jason is already OP. I don't think giving counselors some strategies to be nimble and slip past Jason is a terrible thing.

Happens so often.

lol chill out, that happened once. I drop off things at cars if I'm using a counselor who has crappy repair skills. Hell, I waited around as someone was running to the boat I had ON, then who started talking with someone else if they wanted the spot who did. We both got away.

Top Bottom