• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Friday the 13th: The Game |OT| You and your friends are dead. GAME OVER

jviggy43

lol chill out, that happened once. I drop off things at cars if I'm using a counselor who has crappy repair skills. Hell, I waited around as someone was running to the boat I had ON, then who started talking with someone else if they wanted the spot who did. We both got away.
This doesn't really change the point

Sephzilla

Not using mics doesn't necessarily ruin the game, players can definitely figure out what's going on with some simple observational skills. But mics definitely make it a better experience.

This doesn't really change the point

ReggieFilsAime.jpg

jviggy43

So there is a bug where my epic med spray perk doesn't work and won't start me with a med spray. Totally sucks to go in with a perk just not working.

HiiiLife

So there is a bug where my epic med spray perk doesn't work and won't start me with a med spray. Totally sucks to go in with a perk just not working.
Bugs in friday??? No way.

But apparently try switching slots that you put the perk in. Reddit has said it worked lol

Finn

Just seems crazy unfair as you are stuck in animation of walking through the door once it breaks and can't do anything as Jason, so it's a free hit for counselors
Yea super unfair that the counselor literally cornered in a house, with only broken windows to escape out of, and with Jason chopping down the door and with morph fully charged and ready to go... Super unfair that the counselor might be able to stun Jason for 4 seconds to maybe, possibly escape for 15 seconds before being murdered.

jviggy43

Bugs in friday??? No way.

But apparently try switching slots that you put the perk in. Reddit has said it worked lol

Ah, thank you so much. Was really frustrating.

Also just had a game where I got a betrayal for running someone over unintentionally. I was the only mic user, put the gas in the boat, put the 4 door car together by myself, and was trying to leave when some guy brought jason right to me. I didn't slow down because it would have certainly meant death plus I called everything out the entire time to give people a head's up about everything. This guy apparently saw me speeding up so he just ran in front of my car and killed himself. -1000. Cool.

Side note; just played a game as jason and not one of the counselors shut or locked the doors. People it takes like .5 seconds and will literally save your life.
Just seems crazy unfair as you are stuck in animation of walking through the door once it breaks and can't do anything as Jason, so it's a free hit for counselors

Again, use traps near the door and windows if thats how theyre going to play. You can wait them out, throw knives at them, or hack at them through the windows. You basically have a couple of free kills if thats an experience you keep running into.

FaustusMD

Unconfirmed Member
Not using mics doesn't necessarily ruin the game, players can definitely figure out what's going on with some simple observational skills. But mics definitely make it a better experience.

Here's the thing about this though. Against a Jason that has any idea what they're doing, it serves only as a disadvantage. What if you pick up the fuse but you aren't asking anyone on the radio or anyone you come across if they've found the fuse house? Even if you are the best possible player, you can't expect everyone you come across to stop beside you and interrogate you using the universal language of crouch-stand.

What if you're about to die with the fuse or a key item on your body? You have no way to share that information with your team and they can go the rest of the match without knowing where that is.

As this game goes on, a mic will be a necessity for a consistent, even-playing field. Not using one will only be self-concerning and lazy.

Umbooki

Finally hit level 31, so I'm pretty much qualified to do some vigilante justice on glitchers. If they try to escape with a car, you best believe I'm diving in front of it on some deer shit.

Hell, I may even use the shotgun once or twice.

Devs summed up what you behavior you can report.

-Deliberate Third-Party Hacking Software – Anyone caught with automation/speed/wall hacking and other third party macro systems to give them an edge in-game will result in a ban

-Threats of Violence/Rape/Sexual Assault – Those using Voice Chat to threaten and harass other users with threats of sexual violence, rape and domestic violence to a degree unsuitable for social standards will result in a ban.

-Racism/Discrimination – Those caught being racist or discriminatory to others will result in a ban.

-Deliberately Helping Jason – This one is trickier; we will ban the Jason player and those helping Jason for deliberately ‘helping’ Jason win a match through killing other teammates or working to farm XP.

-Deliberate Abuse of Exploits – Exploit usage that results in the deliberate griefing of others to gain an advantage and overall reduce enjoyment for other players will result in a ban.

-Do Not Pretend to be an Employee of Gun Media or IllFonic – Anyone utilizing usernames that attempt to act as a member of our team or speaks in-game as an employee of our team will result in a ban.

-Do Not Spam Report Those You Do Not Like – Reporting users needs to be constructive; we do not ban for team-killing. Please only report those you are certain of cheating or exploiting. We will eventually ignore requests from those excessively reporting other users for actions that do not fall within these guidelines.
In order to help find those who break the rules, however, Gun Media has requested that users take video with usernames displayed, in order to verify the claims of committing a punishable action. Then, this can be emailed to Gun Media to then look at the evidence and decide on whether a ban should be implemented.

I feel like their report specifications are worded in a way where they're going to have a lot of extra work reviewing what people did wrong before banning them or not. I hope they're ready for that.

Yeah, I imagine they're doing it to try and prevent abuse of the system, but all this extra work might be a lot for a small group like them to handle.

Yeah, I imagine they're doing it to try and prevent abuse of the system, but all this extra work might be a lot for a small group like them to handle.

- Read report about player x
- Download video
- Watch video
- Think about video, decide if they did something wrong. If yes, flag them as trouble
- Read report about player x again
- Download video
- Watch video
- Think about video...flag them again
- Read report about player x a third time
- Download video
- Watch video
- Finally ban the person

Realistically, no one's going to get banned the first time they do something, or I would honestly hope not for something "silly". The steps I listed seem reasonable to access if someone would be banned or not (by the dev's own rules), and that's probably 5-10 minutes of one person's day.

I know the team is super small, and I know they're busy trying to fix the game. That doesn't leave much time to (a) worry about how many reports they're going to get or (b) handle updating the game if they're all going through reported players.

I really hope them the best for this, but there's a lot to do.

Gears

I wonder if a steam sale would have helped the community at all. I still have pleasant games on pc tho, kinda feel bad for consoles after what people are saying

Yeah bought the game yesterday on Xbox and the majority of games were silent. First one was most talking, another one had kids and the one where everybody did talk 3 of us escaped. Stayed in a party with a friend since the lobby we were in were silent and they were just sitting on top of the roof.

Don't think a silent lobby ruins the game all that much. Could always find a different lobby.

Favorite game was me and a friend found Jason's house and didn't know he got alerted so he surprised us and we were the first to die.

Devs summed up what you behavior you can report.

Jesus Christ. I know they have to do something about it but just "ban" "ban" "ban" can't be the solution. It's a little bit harsh, that sounds like you could get banned for almost everything.
Be on the wrong place to the wrong time where it only looks like you have helped Jason and there goes your account and the 35 bucks you paid for the game.

It sounds scary.

HiiiLife

Jesus Christ. I know they have to do something about it but just "ban" "ban" "ban" can't be the solution. It's a little bit harsh, that sounds like you could get banned for almost everything.
Be on the wrong place to the wrong time where it only looks like you have helped Jason and there goes your account and the 35 bucks you paid for the game.

It sounds scary.

Yeah. "Deliberately" helping Jason lol. They better capture audio footage of the chat and video footage, because I can see them fucking that one up.

jviggy43

One of my favorite things to do was ultimatum players into killing another person in the house for a free get away, just for the lolz. Guess that's done with now.

I think I'm done with this game. 3 out of 5 games I was in had survivors helping jasons, survivors team killing everyone they see despite the 1000 xp penalty, and people generally being douchey to each other. I've joined the steam group on neogaf but no one seems to be playing when I'm on. oh well, 50+ hours ain't bad.

will return when single player is introduced

Rewrite

Not as deep as he thinks
It'll be hard to report players helping Jason when voice chat for some reason doesn't record on PS4 for other players.

HiiiLife

One of my favorite things to do was ultimatum players into killing another person in the house for a free get away, just for the lolz. Guess that's done with now.

I just wish they'd give us more updates about the memory leak and matchmaking issues. I've voiced my criticisms plenty about them starting double xp on Xbox when the online been broken. Feels like the whole putting the cart before the horse. Can't report people if I can't play lol.

I'm not a dev, but that shouldn't be bannable.

Nothing you're saying MAKES them have to turn on each other and start TK'ing, so that shouldn't result in you getting banned.

That just makes it more like a murder/horror movie. Maybe not a Halloween/F13 kinda movie, but more like Belko Experiment or something.

I wonder if a steam sale would have helped the community at all. I still have pleasant games on pc tho, kinda feel bad for consoles after what people are saying

Game seems healthy on PC. Always get into matches right away, and also PC community, it seems majority of players use MICS

Occam

Deliberately killing team members needs a much harsher penalty. For instance, 5h ban first time, then 12h, then 24h. -1000xp for the current match is nothing.

Deliberately killing team members needs a much harsher penalty. For instance, 5h ban first time, then 12h, then 24h. -1000xp for the current match is nothing.

It happens by accident quite a bit too, especially with missed shots or when ppl are ganging up on Jason and swinging weapons

Spman2099

I think that is supposed to be part of the game. You don't ban for that kind of thing. Like, it may not be fun to be hacked by your team member, so that they can run away easier, but it is a strategy.

HiiiLife

Is it supposed to be a viable strategy to team kill? If the devs put a penalty that leads me to believe that it's not?

Id imagine to guarantee a spot in a car, boat or for an item (if it ever came down to players doing that). I don't see why else they would put friendly fire in the game.

jviggy43

Just had a glitch where I picked a counselor up, for stunned with firecrackers, and then was transported out of the map and pushed out into space, and then died and ending the round. Most ridiculous glitch I've seen yet.

Just had a bunch of great games after finding a good lobby. Lots of communication goes a long way in this game. Even had one match where we managed to camp out with multiple guns in one house to the point Jason wouldn't touch us and time ran out.

I'm not a dev, but that shouldn't be bannable.

Nothing you're saying MAKES them have to turn on each other and start TK'ing, so that shouldn't result in you getting banned.

That just makes it more like a murder/horror movie. Maybe not a Halloween/F13 kinda movie, but more like Belko Experiment or something.

That's not the kind of helping Jason they're targeting. They're banning people who buddy up with Jason, showing them where everyone is. Sacrificing someone to get away is part of the game.

and I FINALLY got a 8/8 kill game without someone leaving or killing themselves where it doesn't count.

https://youtu.be/RLldgKJ05Do

Pilgrimzero

Played a lot today on PC. Full games. Little waiting. No cheaters. Almost everyone uses a mic.

Played an hour and a half on PS4. Only got in 3 games. 1 wasn't full. 2 had cheaters. Almost no one uses a mic, and those that do most of you wish wouldn't.

Amazing the dumpster fire this game is on console.

catspit

Played a lot today on PC. Full games. Little waiting. No cheaters. Almost everyone uses a mic.

Played an hour and a half on PS4. Only got in 3 games. 1 wasn't full. 2 had cheaters. Almost no one uses a mic, and those that do most of you wish wouldn't.

Amazing the dumpster fire this game is on console.

That's too bad.

I think that is supposed to be part of the game. You don't ban for that kind of thing. Like, it may not be fun to be hacked by your team member, so that they can run away easier, but it is a strategy.
I team killed a guy last night 2 times cause he was glitching and cheated.

Top Bottom