• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, bet against me as I try to lose weight ($2000+ in potential prizes!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
wait, I am confused.

The OP of this thread (that I missed out on, fml) is trying to go from 160 pounds / lbs to 135 lbs / pounds? I obviously don't how tall OP is, but in the metric system that is from 70 kg to 60 kg.

How the hell was that a fair bet? If you're 1m60 to 1m80 and slightly muscular, you should be about 60-70 kg anyway. Hell the human variance is 70 to 80 kg on average anyway.

Am I missing something here?

BlueSteel

Well, fuck.

I missed two weeks because I was on a road trip vacation.

As you can see. Now I'm sweating the weigh in. Multiple trips to gas stations and fast food places (Damn you in-n-out), especially with friends and edibles is not good.

So yes, i'm kicking myself pretty hard right now. I'll RNG 2 more members and we'll get it going.

I've recorded for today, but I'm about 6 pounds away. I'm sure I can lop off some of that in water weight.

Zeitgeister: I'm 5'6, but I used to hover around 135-140 pounds way back when. It was really only because of injuries and stress that really made things get worse. Besides, it's a one sided bet where I don't win anything in return. That's plenty fair to me : ]

So yea, things become interesting now.

See you next week.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
How was the vacation though? Worth it?

I need to do a road trip one day but instead of car I wanna go with a train.

BlueSteel

It was worth it to hang with the buddies, but not necessarily for the diet haha.

Made some good progress. Gonna ramp it up now. The good thing is that my measurements are still decreasing, so I'm not terribly concerned with the weight just yet.

Feels good to log and not have to worry about paying up. For those keeping track, the last two "winners" asked for games :]

BlueSteel

Son of a bitch!

I take the picture... and then forget to update everything else as a friend asks to hang.

Don't say I didn't deliver, this'll be the FUCKING FOURTH person I'm picking.

Anyways, I'm at 147.8, which is good considering I also ate breakfast and drank a couple cups of tea before I weighed myself Sunday...

One week left. Let's go.

BlueSteel

MADE IT.

Here's my overall progress.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1C2pkA0tgTO-ac_G1vU-WI-8TYz5dVJu4gWpPNWO8xPE/edit?usp=sharing

Pictures are in the link that I linked a lot earlier.

The middle was definitely an issue, which is funny because I talked about sustaining results. All in all though, a bit unavoidable given the nature of my roadtrip and going with three other friends whose idea of a decent food option is burger king (their salads are terrible by the way).

Okay, not going to lie, I did sweat it a bit after last week... so to make sure I hit weight, I ate a salad last night, watched as I shit everything out, and tried to not get too bloated... which didn't work because I caved into the thirst. Huge sigh of relief as I stepped onto that scale.

In addition, I don't have a full body mirror at my place, so I took a picture in my work bathroom hahaha... Gross.

In any case, work continues. I'd like to get another 10 pounds or so off, but at a slower pace... not to mention more low key.

As for the totals:

2 Games sent
$120 to Giving What We Can
$100 still to be allocated.

Thanks to everyone who pushed me forward!

garath

I didn't participate in this thread at all but I just checked out the before and after and I have to say GOOD JOB!!

Now keep it up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom