• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT| of Listening to Classics (Not f&$@ing U-God)

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Wall Of Shame

mrynj.png

There's a Don Killuminati: The 7 Day Theory joke in there somewhere.

Esch

Banned
new nas is dope

do we really have to immortalize the topic title with swag and wolf gang shit? can't we put props to something actually good in the thread title?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
That Nas is nice as fuck. I'm just afraid I'll get Thieves Theme'd again.
It's just a street single and then he's going to get Boi-1da to do his first actual album single. You have to convince yourself of this if your going to enjoy any album that Nas puts out.

It's growing on me but that Wayne isn't getting enough love.

Hootie

New thread?! Damn!

EDIT: OH FUCK NEW NAS SONG!??!?!? omg fuck i need to go smoke a fat bowl and listen to this shit. I cannot fucking wait for the new album

DominoKid

enzo_gt said:
Blame Mack Maine. Weezy didn't even know Dr. Carter was on the Carter III until someone mentioned it in an interview post-release.

The new Wayne is ten times better than that new Nas, something just so unconvincing from Nas' efforts with that. It's also one of the best productions out of Swizz in a while.

Big Sean - Marvin & Chardonnay ft. Kanye West & Roscoe Dash. Possibly the perfect storm of bad things Ye does when he raps in one verse. I like the hook though. I'll definitely be checking out Finally Famous, for the production alone.

songs w/ Roscoe Dash features just sound like a clusterfuck of booty shaking. that's a good thing.

i'm surprised that Oh My isnt hitting bigger tho.

Slizz

New thread nice. Um, Weekend at Burnies and Finally Famous end of the month, I am ready. My body is ready.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
New Nas is good. He must have found one of his old rhymebooks from back in the day.

CRS

EschatonDX said:
new nas is dope

do we really have to immortalize the topic title with swag and wolf gang shit? can't we put props to something actually good in the thread title?
I did. "Study of Dreams" = Cunninlynguists' Oneirology. My current hip-hop AOTY. Listen to it if you haven't already.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
siddx said:
New Nas is good. He must have found one of his old rhymebooks from back in the day.

Nah. He's actually hungry again. Not in a literal sense either.

The dude is hungry. As in, will rhyme for a sandwich.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
So, I'm going to my first Rock The Bells this year because the lineup is fucking EPIC. Goddamnit...so good.

kamspy

Nas knows Alex da Kidd can bring him that Miracle Whip and Wonderbread money though. That's the scary part.

But go ahead GAF, let the Nas cycle play out again. When the album drops with 9 incoherent Salam Remi B-sides and 4 pop songs don't come to me.

EDIT: The Yeezy is nice. Hmmm. I hope he makes that boom bap album he was talking about. Still pretty salty that Dark Fantasy took that left turn into leprechaun town.

PBY

Banned
Mama's boyfriend is VINTAGE YE, yes please.

Also, is it bad that I'm really really looking forward to the Big Sean album? I think its gonna be the perfect summer album, and I don't even like Big Sean that much...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
Did the Madlib version ever leak?
I couldn't remember who produced the 3rd version, but you've reminded me it was Madlib. Hasn't leaked yet, but I definitely would want to hear that Kanye x Madlib over Soulja Boy. Hope it leaks.

diggin the new Nas track.

It'll come out on an album surrounded by a bunch of lame middle of the road production or not even make his next album, but hey.

PBY

Banned
That Big Sean leak is prob the track that will get the most play out of me from all the leaks today, although the Kanye track will give it a run for its money. Gonna be a huge party track imo

DominoKid

peterb0y said:
Mama's boyfriend is VINTAGE YE, yes please.

Also, is it bad that I'm really really looking forward to the Big Sean album? I think its gonna be the perfect summer album, and I don't even like Big Sean that much...

FF bout to be nasty

Double D

Finally took some time to listen to The Family Sign. I actually like it quite a bit. In fact, I went through a bunch of those songs that siddx posted in the old thread and have a new appreciation for a lot of those songs that I had previously dismissed.

That's not to say that I don't miss the 'Old' Atmosphere, I guess I've just accepted what they've become and can actually enjoy some of the shit they've released over the last few albums.

Fake edit: Oneirology is my current AOTY, so props for
half of
the thread title.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
That Big Sean leak is prob the track that will get the most play out of me from all the leaks today, although the Kanye track will give it a run for its money. Gonna be a huge party track imo
Yup, the leaks from Finally Famous have been very solid, I'm cautiously optimistic about the album now. Still digesting FFVOL3 in it's entirely but Sean is growing on me. Comparing the leaks to FFVOL3 though, it seems as if he's focused his rhymes a bit, or it may just be the production, I don't know.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Nas track: Dope shit.

Kanye track: This is aiight actually good.

J. Cole track: Wow. Is this an album track? EASILY could be. This is like Lights Please Pt. 2

kamspy said:
Nas cycle is the hip hop Sonic cycle.
so true loooooool

When "The Lost Tapes" is one of his strongest albums and his best collab by far with Alchemist ends up on Alchemist's own album due to it not making one of Nas' albums, you know there is a problem.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
polyh3dron said:
so true loooooool

When "The Lost Tapes" is one of his strongest albums and his best collab by far with Alchemist ends up on Alchemist's own album due to it not making one of Nas' albums, you know there is a problem.
Or when the track you do with Khaled for his album is arguably the best material to come out of you in literally 5 years (since Hip Hop Is Dead).

Holy shit the new Nas and new Kanye go bonkers.

I've been waiting for Mama's Boyfriend ever since hearing him do the acapella in the Facebook HQ. Nice soulful beat. Could be mixed better though.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Or when the track you do with Khaled for his album is arguably the best material to come out of you in literally 5 years (since Hip Hop Is Dead).
I think both of his Khaled tracks are amazing, I keep saying that Nas + Khaled = gold, but everyone thinks Im crazy :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom