• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Phil Collins is the whitest white people music ever made by white people.

IrishNinja

aw man, i suck at those questions. i can draw 5 and the next 5 take me like 20 minutes.

meantime HiiLife, take the initiation!

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep
Favourite Artist
Best feature killer
Favourite album
What's in your playlist?

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost)
Illmatic > Nas' whole life?
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef?
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Pick an era of Eminem

HiiiLife

West, easily. I ride to that shit. Yup. That rap car thread. That's me.

Andre 3 Stacks.

Best feature killer as in the featured artist outdid the main artist? If so then Renegade, easily.

Marshall Mathers LP

Playlist is mixed between my "car riding music" to "lyricism/hype me up to go play ball" to "chill/study/sleeping" lol

The College Dropout >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

GZA, i jizza everytime I play Liquid Swords

Illmatic then Stillmatic. Yes GAF. I'm that cliche Nas fan and I don't care. "I rap for listeners, Blunt heads, fly ladies and prisoners" my shiiit

Life is Good IS good but if you couldn't tell, I have a problem with wondering why they don't be like OLD selves and I get it, people change.

Nas. Easily. Haven't felt a Jay Z album since Blueprint(?) I believe

Big L. Lol jk. 2Pac.

I think it's funny just saying Based at everything. His actual music videos leave me scratching my head though.

Slim Shady-Eminem Show. EASILYYYYYYYY.

What's everyone's favorite album? Well the top ten at least?

Favourite album:

NERDTheSpymob-InsearchofAcoustic.jpg

Top 10 is probably impossible mang

IrishNinja

Illmatic
Midnight Marauders
Liquid Swords
Blackout!
All Eyez on Me/maybe Me Against the World, depends
Metaphorical Music, if jazz-hop counts
Ready to Die
Lethal Injection cause fuck ya life
i gotta think about the rest lol

kamspy

From the Eminem thread. I had to read it twice and go back and read the guys other posts to make sure he was serious. Good god.

Hopsin is the only fresh rapper on the scene thats bringing some meaning back to this rap game. I don't know what hip hop your blasting.

HiiiLife

I can't. Too many albums. Listening to Aquemini then Stankonia then Aquemini again. Now this is my favorite. It's too much. Outkast what happened to you???????????????

HiiiLife

Don't bother man. Stan's are bad news and you're just feeding into it. Lol. Yes. 3 Stacks has been.. Confusing me. But he was nice on Sixteen. Don't care what anyone says. Lol.

Edit: And DAMN kams really tryin to shit on Ems chest in that thread! And the posters at that. Lol. Now I feel bad for being an Em fan in this thread :/ sowwy guise T_T

Looks forward to actually spending more tim in here, since lurking Gaf hop earlier pretty much saved me from giving up on rap, since all I heard was mainstream and hated it for the most part.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep - East
Favourite Artist It's still Lupe even after Lasers
Best feature killer A good killer would be 3000, a bad one would be Birdman
Favourite album Food & liqour
What's in your playlist? A lot of Kendirck Lamar, Drake, Cunninlynguists and Childish.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums
Graduation
Late Reg.
MBDTF
College Dropout
808's.

Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) *nervous chuckle, I never reall- on to the next question.
Illmatic > Nas' whole life? Untitled was good.
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Late question but, it turned out okay, Daughters, Back when, and Reach out are great
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? Nas had the best diss track so.
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion Big
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Must be a genius to get everyone's bitch in bed.
Pick an era of Eminem From his debut up until the Eminem show, I prefer hate filled em to inspirational em

siddx

From the Eminem thread. I had to read it twice and go back and read the guys other posts to make sure he was serious. Good god.

I've just been operating on the assumption the entire thread is a joke thread.

Top 10 in no order

Snoop - Doggystyle
Atmosphere - When life gives you lemons
Nas - Illmatic
Tribe - Low end theory
Scarface - Untouchable/The Diary
Wu - 36 chambers
Ice Cube - Death Certificate
Cudi - Man on the Moon 1
Cypress Hill - Black Sunday
2pac - Me against the world

Honorable mentions
Warren G - Regulate G funk era
Arrested Development - 3 years
Eminem - Slim Shady LP/MMLP
Pun - Capital Punishment
Westside Connection - Bow Down
Game - Documentary
DJ Quik - Safe + Sound
Common - Like Water for Chocolate
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left foot
GZA - Liquid Swords

I'm sure I'm missing something that I will be pissed to have forgotten.

Fuck these moist towelette lists.

HiiiLife

This right here is considered a banger, delivered with anger your life is in danger.

What song GAF? Hmmmmm?? No google plz.

Westside Connection fans are not present on GAF T_T

RJT

Can someone explain me the Hopsin hate? I've heard 2 songs from him and don't know anything about him, and he doesn't sound that bad. He definitely has a good flow.

Is it his fans being annoying as hell? Is the dude a douchebag? What is it GAF?

Alright I tried. I love the 90's man!

NWA - Straight Outta Compton (1988)
De La Soul - De La Soul Is Dead (1991)
Dr. Dre - The Chronic (1992)
A Tribe Called Quest - Midnight Marauders (1993)
Beastie Boys - Ill Communication (1994)
Raekwon - Only Built For Cuban Linx (1995)
Mos Def - Black On Both Sides (1999)
Prince Paul - A Prince Among Thieves (1999)
Dizzee Rascal - Boy In Da Corner (2003)
M.I.A. - Kala (2007)

HiiiLife

FUCK
YA
LIFE
<3 jo

goddammit, sidd's list reminds me how much more g-funk mine needs
i gotta add Doggystyle, Chronic gets much respect but the former was the most universal classic i saw this side of outkast (in terms of radio/club/rap cars etc)

Regulatooorrrrrrrrs. Mount up.

Recon

Banned
Fuck a list. Honestly, outside like 5 albums, my list would constantly be changing. Basically, 1.Illmatic 2. Makaveli 3. Ready to Die 4. 36 Chambers 5. Doggystyle. Yeah, those are safe choices, but, they call them classics for a reason.

After that, its just a bunch of really dope shit that I cant rank.

Musical Taste:
Pick a coast to rep: East
Favourite Artist: Pharoahe Monch, closely followed by Mos Def & Black Thought.
Best feature killer: Eminem
Favourite album: Gotdamn...erm...Illmatic or Illadelph Halflife or Black on Both Sides or Muddy Waters. You pick, I can't.
What's in your playlist?Right now I'm really on a jazz-hop tip. Some smooth crooning, it's summer after all.

GAF-Hop Discusses:
Rank Kanye's albums: 1. Last Registration, 2. College Dropout, 3. Graduation, 4. MBDTF
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost): At his peak, GZA, but overall you can't look past Ghost. Arguably the most consistent rapper ever.
Illmatic > Nas' whole life? IWW, Stillmatic & The Lost Tapes are dope...
Do you think Nas next album will be good? Or is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? It was sick. Up there as far as Nas LPs go.
Who do you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef? Nas
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: Biggie. I love Pac, but I don't see how there can be an argument in regards to who has the better catalogue and who is more talented.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?: I would've said genius before his album sales numbers dropped...
Pick an era of Eminem: I love Infinite, with good beats it'd be a certified classic. 313 is bananas. I guess I'd say mid-to-late 90s. He had that sick tune on Soundbombing II, Any Man.

IrishNinja

Favourite Artist It's still Lupe even after Lasers

recon done found a friend

Musical Taste:
Favourite Artist: Pharoahe Monch, closely followed by Mos Def & Black Thought.

...interesting fuckin answers there, especially Monch. Mos though...what have you liked past Black on Both Sides? there's literally a small handful of songs i kept from new danger and true magic, though ecstatic felt a bit better. i mostly cant fuck with dude outside of blackstar and it kills me cause i like him, but the black johnson/singing shit must cease. we all loved Umi Says dude, now fix your name and get your music right again

Yo, I know people aren't mentioning Hopsin in our newly created thread. I woke up a hour ago and thought it was some weird realistic dream I was having.

...interesting fuckin answers there, especially Monch. Mos though...what have you liked past Black on Both Sides? there's literally a small handful of songs i kept from new danger and true magic, though ecstatic felt a bit better. i mostly cant fuck with dude outside of blackstar and it kills me cause i like him, but the black johnson/singing shit must cease. we all loved Umi Says dude, now fix your name and get your music right again

I did the exact same thing with The New Danger, lol. Off the top I think I kept Sunshine, The Panties, Sex Love & Money, Close Edge and maybe something else. Deleted the rest, it wasn't very good, even as an experimental album.

I think it's just cos Blackstar is what got me into real hip hop way back and there are few I like more than Mos at his best. He's just trying to hit too many lanes at once for whatever reason, but I still have his old stuff to listen to. Similar to how Dizzie Rascal is still one of my faves despite what he's become.

Honestly though I could've added Elzhi, Blu, Nas, Jean Grae, Kendrick, Redman, GZA etc. After Pharoahe it's a long list of people around the same level.

Most anticipated album for this year: Kendrick's.

Your choice GAF?
Same, Section80 is still played to this day, and his singles have been great so far, so consistent.

And my sanity relies on Lupe putting out a great album next month, I can't take to shit albums in a row.

siddx

Never heard of this, I'll put it on my list.

Full title is 3 Years, 5 months and 2 days in the life of...
It's definitely not for everyone. It was huge when it came out, went multi platinum. But it's the kind of thing some people love while others hate with a passion. A lot of it is super upbeat and happy. It's very afro-centric too. I just love the vibe and it reminds me of living in Nepal in the 90's. It's a fun album, very easy to listen to.

HiiiLife

Same, Section80 is still played to this day, and his singles have been great so far, so consistent.

And my sanity relies on Lupe putting out a great album next month, I can't take to shit albums in a row.

I cried when I listen to lasers. Salty tears. Then that vid of him crying made me cry cause I miss that Lupe as well. Lol. But really though, I hope he can bring it back especially after how good the Cool was.

And yessssss, Swimming Pools has been on repeat forever.

I ride, you ride. Bang.
One chopper, one hundred shots. Bang.
Hop out, do you. Bang.
Two chopper, two hundred shots. Bang.

Wooooo. Dat hook. Dat chorus.
Beyond hyped for the album.

siddx

I thought section.80 was B grade, just like all of black hippie. But I'm anticipating the fuck out of his next effort. I want to see what affect Aftermath has had on him, and how much he is improved since section.80. He's at that place where he could shit the bed and be another forgettable artist Dre cracked open and drained for rejuvenation..or he could take his shit to the next level and be more than a slightly above average rapper.

Macca

Top ten let's go!

Nas - Illmatic
GZA - Liquid Swords
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon 1. (Fuck yes Sidd)
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Dr. Dre - 2001
Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
Kanye West - College Dropout
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot

HiiiLife

Top ten let's go!

Nas - Illmatic
GZA - Liquid Swords
Kid Cudi - Man on the Moon 1. (Fuck yes Sidd)
Eminem - The Eminem Show
Dr. Dre - 2001
Eric B & Rakim - Paid in Full
N.W.A. - Straight Outta Compton
Fort Minor - The Rising Tied
Kanye West - College Dropout
Big Boi - Sir Lucious Left Foot

Loving the Sir Luscious Left Foot and College Dropout on your list.

Macca

Something else I was thinking about today, what are people's top 5 tracks of the year? (or more?)

I gotta go with:

Goldie - A$AP Rocky
Terrorist Threats - Ab Soul Feat Danny Brown
There He Go - Schoolboy Q
A1 Everything - Meek Mill ft Kendrick
Accident Murderers - Nas ft Rick "Ghostwritten by Hov" Ross.

IrishNinja

i apparently gotta listen to swimming pools

Most anticipated album for this year: Kendrick's.

Your choice GAF?

you mean after Liquid Swords 2?
uh....GOOD music will prolly either be pretty awesome or really fuckin disappointing, i have a hard time seeing it land on middle ground in this thread.

Full title is 3 Years, 5 months and 2 days in the life of...
It's definitely not for everyone. It was huge when it came out, went multi platinum. But it's the kind of thing some people love while others hate with a passion. A lot of it is super upbeat and happy. It's very afro-centric too. I just love the vibe and it reminds me of living in Nepal in the 90's. It's a fun album, very easy to listen to.

mr wendall/tenesse one? loved that shit, i forget much of the album though.
and fuck your Nepal memories, ima have to hit you up for spots to check out when i make it over there though

Capitol - Currensy
Me & my old school - Krit
Ready or not - Meek Mill
Swimming Pools - kendrik
Terrorist threats - Ab Soul

(cheat song) Jay Rock - Back in the days.

Don't do it to yourself man. Just sit down, listen to Failure and act like Lupe's retired.
You know even this does flop, with just the cool and F&L he's probably going to be on my best rappers list for a long time, he's almost cemented, that's how much I love those tapes.

IrishNinja

man, fuck you.

ya'll new inductees see this? this is the spirit of a man who does not BELIEVE

RZA tied up Man with the Iron Fist, by my watch that leaves only 3 more movie OSTs, 2.5 books and maybe another comic and/or animated series. it's coming ANY DAY NOW MACCAS

Macca

ya'll new inductees see this? this is the spirit of a man who does not BELIEVE

RZA tied up Man with the Iron Fist, by my watch that leaves only 3 more movie OSTs, 2.5 books and maybe another comic and/or animated series. it's coming ANY DAY NOW MACCAS
Funnily enough, I don't doubt at all that RZA could do Liquid Swords 2 justice, it's GZA that I don't know about.

Funnily enough, I don't doubt at all that RZA could do Liquid Swords 2 justice, it's GZA that I don't know about.

Lyrically GZA's never lost it, but since Liquid Swords dude's delivery has gradually gone from spitting like he means it ("Tommy ain't my motherfuckin boy!") to spitting like he's half asleep.

I mean, peep Paper Plates. The bars were insane, but it was so monotone like he was some 9-year old reading from a sheet of paper.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom