• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OTV| 2Chainz on my neck, 1Finger in my anus

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

Finally got around to that Lushlife. Good shit. Makes up for GAF HOP getting me to give $8 for that Oddissee album.

I can't fuck with both haha...:( It's been awhile since I heard the lushlife though, I should give it a chance. Also kam you should check out the SL Jones x Dj Burn One, I think you'd enjoy that.

Trey

Was listening to Life is Good today. Man, I'm not feeling the production on a lot of it. Daughters and Loco-Motive especially. They're good, but just totally lack the grittiness I want from a track like that.

However tracks like Accident Murderers, The Don and Nasty are fantastic.

You want grittiness from a track like Daughters? That parenting life be bleak, yo.

And Loco-Motive's production supported its content better than any other song on the album. That piano note is such a small but appreciated part of the song that, to me truly, bridges the cut with the 90s style Nas it's trying to emulate.

saw this on alchemist twitter before heading to bed, I figured Toku would love this shit.

AzV7NSkCcAE3jTL.jpg:large

CRS

That TNGHT is the first shit that's pushed my headphones this much. Cot damn. Wildin' out and shit.

IrishNinja

was it a good diss track at least? kinda too high to tell

also: damn i fucked up, almost had 305 posts, woulda been perfect

CRS

was it a good diss track at least? kinda too high to tell

also: damn i fucked up, almost had 305 posts, woulda been perfect

Rick Ross would be ashamed.

The beat does not work at all for a diss track. It sounds like I was about to listen to a happy, uplifting track.

CRS

No Idols made me hope that Earl's album isn't cluttered with Tyler's shit. Tyler's stuff is alright and I have nothing against it but Earl shines so much more on different production.

Coal

That diss track sucked ass. I could shit out a better diss track in seconds. Like others said that beat is too happy, it almost sounds like that song "My Block" by Scarface... dunno why they picked that to shit on Prodigy to.

Seems to me like this is as much of a publicity stunt as Jay/Nas. Too bad mainstream cats don't give enough of a fuck about Mobb Deep anymore to give a shit. I know I don't!

IrishNinja

Last month I even bucked at you, you got locked
I felt bad, wait do I got love for you
I might kill you, but do I got love for you?
I want you dead under six feet of soil/at the same time
Want you here to witness me while you in misery
We hate each other but it's love/ what a thug mystery
Years ago they ate the hearts of a slain enemy
We enemies but your hatred could never enter me
Some seek fame cause they need validation
Some say hating is confused admiration
Spotlight on me, I still look twenty
Still get money, lady killer/pushing a Bentley
Maybe ninjas could see too much of they failures through a ninja who realer
I don't like you near bruh, but I need you to...stay

^real shit

That Eminem thread is pissing me off man...

I respect Em, he's a great rapper. But I feel like so many Eminem fans ONLY listen to him, and then want to preach about how amazing he is. Like no one else does multi-syllable rhymes, no one else raps about personal shit, everything else is Lil Wayne and "get money" shit. Fuckouttahere b

cdyhybrid

That Eminem thread is pissing me off man...

I respect Em, he's a great rapper. But I feel like so many Eminem fans ONLY listen to him, and then want to preach about how amazing he is. Like no one else does multi-syllable rhymes, no one else raps about personal shit, everything else is Lil Wayne and "get money" shit. Fuckouttahere b

The problem here is that you're reading OT in the first place.

IrishNinja

yeah, you got me in there now, but that wasn't who this was for, was it PD?

might as well hit the chuggo light and get killa kams in there quicker.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Don't read anything about hip hop in the OT. Way too many stupid fucking idiots on gaf for any thread about hip hop to be of any kind of quality.

That thread is every "non hip-hop thread" Eminem discussion of every forum since 2000. Casual hip-hop listeners proclaim Eminem as the best thing since the invention of language, others come in mentioning how he's not really the only guy to do the stuff he does, casual fans barely pay attention to that, the argument goes nowhere.

"Objectively the greatest rapper alive" and "He put out one of the best rap albums in years not to long ago" are particularly great quotes.

IrishNinja

^kinda yes, kinda no...we've recruited a few members recently from the last one!

i kinda agree sid but proportionately, there's less of the bullshit ive caught elsewhere. i remember being on kotaku when Def Jam Icon screens came up (before we knew it was going shittily) and no lie, at least 1/5 of the responses were about how rap wasn't a valid genre of music, shit was nauseating.

i mean, a dude riding Em like he's the only MC alive still feels better than that mess.

"Objectively the greatest rapper alive" and "He put out one of the best rap albums in years" are particularly great quotes.

this is in my mind right next to people who tell me gambit is the best x-man cause they stopped around the 90s cartoon, and also dont nintendo still censor blood/religious stuff, they should be hardcore like NEC etc

siddx

^kinda yes, kinda no...we've recruited a few members recently from the last one!

i kinda agree sid but proportionately, there's less of the bullshit ive caught elsewhere. i remember being on kotaku when Def Jam Icon screens came up (before we knew it was going shittily) and no lie, at least 1/5 of the responses were about how rap wasn't a valid genre of music, shit was nauseating.

i mean, a dude riding Em like he's the only MC alive still feels better than that mess.

this is in my mind right next to people who tell me gambit is the best x-man cause they stopped around the 90s cartoon, and also dont nintendo still censor blood/religious stuff, they should be hardcore like NEC etc

I've gone full "angry old man" with gaf. Reading through threads in the OT makes me wish I knew where some of these clowns lived. It's ridiculous, I don't even know these idiots and it shouldn't bother me at all and never used to. But over the last few months I just don't have the tolerance for these basement virgin sharp knee beat up in school everyday pony fucking attention whoring motherfuckers.

Anyways, I've heard a surprising amount of hip hop here in Vietnam, both foreign and regional. Last time I lived in Asia was in the mid to late 90's and hip hop was extremely rare. It's nice to see it get more popular. Even if some of it is Wiz Charlifa.

Recon

Banned
Ill take "Em is the best rapper ever. Fact" statements over the "rap is a shit genre and there are no good rappers" lines. At least someone could potentially make an argument for Em, even if it is a bit out there. Though I cant see Em not making a top10 list just by SSLP/MMLP alone. There is a reason that Eminem Mix by Ace is so fucking good all the way through. Besides Ace being a God on the decks.

siddx

Do NOT encourage Kam to go in there. There aren't enough body bags to zip up all the stans who would jump off their computer desk to their deaths once Kam gets going.

IrishNinja

WZRD is a great album. I had no idea GAF has such bad taste regarding music..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkEKxeiwaA

This song made me stop smoking weed for a good few weeks

it he keeps giving tho
kams isn't the troll that thread needs, its the one they deserve

*EDIT

Hopsin is the only fresh rapper on the scene thats bringing some meaning back to this rap game. I don't know what hip hop your blasting.

There is no greater than hopsin unless you post eminem.

Nice try though.

i9weBbhTF7GFt.gif

siddx

I'm happy to be the inspiration behind the new ot name BTW.
And everyone knows that one chain and two fingers is suspect. But two chains and one finger is just a good Thursday afternoon at the office.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom